Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2005, 02:27 PM  
nomad nomad is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: OC, CAL.
Casino cash: $1478
Organizational Failure... Draft and Development

Failing to draft and develop new talent has left this team in the shape it's in today.

Everyome knows the list of busts, the failed development projects.....

Drafting well and making projects into valuable starters is what a good organization does.

KC is a collosal failure in this regard and is now reaping the benefits of no young talent at DT, WR, QB, FB, TE, CB.

Carl and crew can take a bow...
Posts: 219
nomad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.nomad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
5for5SB 5for5SB is offline
Starter
 
5for5SB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: KC
Casino cash: $1050
Hmmmm, read my thread. You guys have piled on me for it, but Carl Peterson has screwed you guys over for way too long. Draft a new GM.
Posts: 133
5for5SB has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
chief99
Guest
 

Casino cash: $
Right.

I don't understand the love for Black or the other guy.

Both were low picks . Not all players develop into good players.
Posts: n/a
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
In the misty morning...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on the edge of time...
Casino cash: $1077185
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5for5SB
Hmmmm, read my thread. You guys have piled on me for it, but Carl Peterson has screwed you guys over for way too long. Draft a new GM.
You were piled on for the WAY you posted, not what you posted. You of all people should know that, Ken...
__________________
Don't live for pleasure, make life your treasure...
\m/ Ronnie James Dio, 1942-2010 \m/
Posts: 57,988
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
FringeNC FringeNC is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NC
Casino cash: $61189
It is pathetic to have a glaring need at WR for year after year, and never come close to solving the problem.
Posts: 7,467
FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FringeNC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:52 PM   #6
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $168730
It only took 14 years for Carl Peterson to finally draft a "Franchise" Running Back. IM still waiting on a "Franchise" QB and WR....do we have to wait another 14 years for that????
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 47,714
Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:53 PM   #7
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $168730
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringeNC
It is pathetic to have a glaring need at WR for year after year, and never come close to solving the problem.
Especially when you alledgedlly run a down the field passing attack.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 47,714
Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #8
ChiTown ChiTown is offline
Stroking to Andy's Man Boobs
 
ChiTown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
Casino cash: $9271
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
You were piled on for the WAY you posted, not what you posted. You of all people should know that, Ken...
Ken?

Is that Fudge Packer?
__________________
Posts: 15,755
ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #9
Sig Kauffman Sig Kauffman is offline
Adopt-a-Chief...
 
Sig Kauffman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: I-70 & Blue Ridge Cutoff
Casino cash: $1000
For those of you keeping score, we are now in Year 17 of Carl Peterson's Five-Year Plan
__________________
This IS BANANAS, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
Posts: 236
Sig Kauffman is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Sig Kauffman is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #10
ChiTown ChiTown is offline
Stroking to Andy's Man Boobs
 
ChiTown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flatlands of Kansas
Casino cash: $9271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Kauffman
For those of you keeping score, we are now in Year 17 of Carl Peterson's Five-Year Plan
Yes, but it's almost over....thank fugging gawd.
__________________
Posts: 15,755
ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ChiTown has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
Hydrae Hydrae is offline
MVP
 
Hydrae's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin, Tx
Casino cash: $66777
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringeNC
It is pathetic to have a glaring need at WR for year after year, and never come close to solving the problem.
Who is our WR coach? Because that is probably where a lot of the blame should go.
Posts: 10,286
Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #12
Otter Otter is offline
holding a blood clot at birth
 
Otter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Durango, CO
Casino cash: $30979896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
It only took 14 years for Carl Peterson to finally draft a "Franchise" Running Back. IM still waiting on a "Franchise" QB and WR....do we have to wait another 14 years for that????
That would be 28 years.
__________________
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson, 1801.
Posts: 12,778
Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Otter has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 03:07 PM   #13
nomad nomad is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: OC, CAL.
Casino cash: $1478
Anyone who looks at the 2 deep and anything good to say.... is not dealing with reality.

Carls measured success comes from signing free agents, which works in baseball, but in the game of football you inevitably run up against age and baloon payments.

Hungry young talent has been all to rare in Carls reign.

Failure as a result of inneptitude and incestual hirings.
Posts: 219
nomad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.nomad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 03:08 PM   #14
KCChiefsFan88 KCChiefsFan88 is offline
Wanted: A Franchise QB
 
KCChiefsFan88's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Casino cash: $43665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae
Who is our WR coach? Because that is probably where a lot of the blame should go.

Charlie Jones, HOF WR

And I don't think he deserves the blame. As a coach you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit and the past few offseasons the Chiefs have done nothing to address their obvious lack of talent at the WR position.
Posts: 8,180
KCChiefsFan88 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #15
KCChiefsFan88 KCChiefsFan88 is offline
Wanted: A Franchise QB
 
KCChiefsFan88's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Casino cash: $43665
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
Charlie Jones, HOF WR
Make that Charlie Joiner
Posts: 8,180
KCChiefsFan88 has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.