Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 09:08 PM  
CanadaKC CanadaKC is offline
Lord of the SB Rings
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Casino cash: $5350
Like Andy Rooney said last night...

What the hell is wrong with American automakers? A consumer report magazine gave 31 vehicles a favorable to good/very good rating. Of those...29 were Japanese...only 2 were American. 30-thousand layoffs
at GM...followed by the same amount a week later at Ford. What is it aboput the market your automakers don't get?
Posts: 1,291
CanadaKC has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Mr. Kotter Mr. Kotter is offline
Lookin' for the answers...
 
Mr. Kotter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Somewhere else
Casino cash: $853
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaKC
What the hell is wrong with American automakers? A consumer report magazine gave 31 vehicles a favorable to good/very good rating. Of those...29 were Japanese...only 2 were American. 30-thousand layoffs
at GM...followed by the same amount a week later at Ford. What is it aboput the market your automakers don't get?
Japanese cars, you get more bang for the buck.

It's really that simple. And that's due to higher-than-is-prudent pay and benefits for union members who don't even need a HS dipoloma.
__________________
Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel...
Posts: 40,004
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
Pitt Gorilla Pitt Gorilla is offline
Banned!
 
Pitt Gorilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NOT Columbia, MO 65201
Casino cash: $6833
IMO, they've been stupid and proud, which is a bad combination. They didn't invest in the hybrid market because Americans were buying their big SUVs and would continue to do so. They knew what Americans wanted and they knew they were right. Only, they weren't.
__________________

That rabbit is crazy; I'm Brian Waters!

Kotter: "You are lucky I'm truly not the vindictive or psycho type...I'd be careful from now on, and I'd just back the hell off if I were you....otherwise, the Mizzou "extension office" life might get exciting"

Kotter: "You're just gay. G-A-Y. Gay."
Posts: 21,340
Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.Pitt Gorilla is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
recxjake recxjake is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaKC
What the hell is wrong with American automakers? A consumer report magazine gave 31 vehicles a favorable to good/very good rating. Of those...29 were Japanese...only 2 were American. 30-thousand layoffs
at GM...followed by the same amount a week later at Ford. What is it aboput the market your automakers don't get?
You have no clue what your talking about....... first off Consumer Reports is very biased to the foreign automakers... always has been this way

Secondly.... Foreign automakers don't have to deal with retirees yet or any of Unions......... GM and Ford are a hundred years old... they have hundreds of thousands of retirees to take care of

The currency exchange between the US and the Japense Yen is rediculous.... Not only is Toyota making $$ each time they sell a car but when they exchange the $$ to the Yen they make even more

Union workers have just now changed how much they pay for healthcare... its costing GM 5 billion dollars this year.... Toyota and other companies... barely anything

GM has been awarded numerous awards for quality lately from companies that matter like JD Power.....

The Unions have a "Job Bank" when they get layed off they still get payed 95% ofstheir pay! It's rediculous....

Delphi is putting the Union in its place by offering them 10 bucks an hour... this is what they deserve... soon GM and Ford will too when the current contrats expire next year

GM will make it because they are taking care of healthcare costs... are coming out with some awesome new products and are getting rid of people who arent needed
Posts: 5,133
recxjake has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
Mr. Kotter Mr. Kotter is offline
Lookin' for the answers...
 
Mr. Kotter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Somewhere else
Casino cash: $853
Quote:
Originally Posted by recxjake
You have no clue what your talking about....... first off Consumer Reports is very biased to the foreign automakers... always has been this way

Secondly.... Foreign automakers don't have to deal with retirees yet or any of Unions......... GM and Ford are a hundred years old... they have hundreds of thousands of retirees to take care of

The currency exchange between the US and the Japense Yen is rediculous.... Not only is Toyota making $$ each time they sell a car but when they exchange the $$ to the Yen they make even more

Union workers have just now changed how much they pay for healthcare... its costing GM 5 billion dollars this year.... Toyota and other companies... barely anything

GM has been awarded numerous awards for quality lately from companies that matter like JD Power.....

The Unions have a "Job Bank" when they get layed off they still get payed 95% ofstheir pay! It's rediculous....

Delphi is putting the Union in its place by offering them 10 bucks an hour... this is what they deserve... soon GM and Ford will too when the current contrats expire next year

GM will make it because they are taking care of healthcare costs... are coming out with some awesome new products and are getting rid of people who arent needed
Union man, I see.
__________________
Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel...
Posts: 40,004
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
recxjake recxjake is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
IMO, they've been stupid and proud, which is a bad combination. They didn't invest in the hybrid market because Americans were buying their big SUVs and would continue to do so. They knew what Americans wanted and they knew they were right. Only, they weren't.
Compeltely wrong.... people who buy Hybrids are STUPID..... they cost 4 or 5 thousand more then the non hybrid same type of car.....

It takes 5 to 6 years to make up that... Hybrids are somthing that will last for a few years just to make a good image.....

Hydrogen is the answer and GM everything ready... they have hydrogen buses, cars, trucks and even a HH... Hydrogen Hummer..... all they need now is the infrastructure to roll over... by 2012 we won't be using gasoline anymore
Posts: 5,133
recxjake has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:21 PM   #7
recxjake recxjake is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Union man, I see.
hah completely non union.... they are ruining every industry.... Airlines... Steel and heck why not the auto industry too
Posts: 5,133
recxjake has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:21 PM   #8
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is online now
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $5971


This should be good.
__________________
http://www.goemaw.com
Posts: 46,058
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #9
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5265
This thread is going to explode.
__________________
Posts: 45,682
|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #10
dtebbe dtebbe is offline
3M TA3
 
dtebbe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The ATL
Casino cash: $5185
american automakers are stupid. They rarely build a car that anybody wants (outside the rental car companies), and when they do they let thier dealers charge $8,000 over sticker (ala 2005 Mustang GT).

For example, right now Pontiac has a great looking 2 seater running around..... with a goddamn 4 cyl in it. Take that slick body and put a off-the-shelf LS2 V8 in it and you won't be able to build them fast enough, especailly if you can do it under $30k. But it will never happen because it's GM.

DT
Posts: 4,286
dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.dtebbe is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #11
beer bacon beer bacon is offline
WHAT
 
beer bacon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Japanese cars, you get more bang for the buck.

It's really that simple. And that's due to higher-than-is-prudent pay and benefits for union members who don't even need a HS dipoloma.
Clearly this is why Japanese cars are far more reliable. Those damn unions!
Posts: 9,146
beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 PM   #12
Mr. Kotter Mr. Kotter is offline
Lookin' for the answers...
 
Mr. Kotter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Somewhere else
Casino cash: $853
Quote:
Originally Posted by recxjake
hah completely non union.... they are ruining every industry.... Airlines... Steel and heck why not the auto industry too
You're too naive to see the contradictions between your own professed ideology, and your knee-jerk reactions to questions about the automobile industry that you've been socialized to parrot.

Your dad will be proud; but your ideological role models would be perplexed. Heh.
__________________
Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel...
Posts: 40,004
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #13
recxjake recxjake is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtebbe
american automakers are stupid. They rarely build a car that anybody wants, and when they do they let thier dealers charge $8,000 over sticker (ala 2005 Mustang GT).

For example, right now Pontiac has a great looking 2 seater running around..... with a goddamn 4 cyl in it. Take that slick body and put a LS V8 in it and you won't be able to build them fast enough, especailly if you can do it under $30k. But it will never happen because it's GM.

DT

Pontiac Solstice...... starting at 19,000...... it has turbo charged engine available next year and is selling at 10,000 over sticker they are so hot

Your right... the F-150 and Chevy Silverado the # 1 and 2 selling trucks in the world
Posts: 5,133
recxjake has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #14
Mr. Kotter Mr. Kotter is offline
Lookin' for the answers...
 
Mr. Kotter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Somewhere else
Casino cash: $853
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer bacon
Clearly this is why Japanese cars are far more reliable. Those damn unions!
Unions have a place, and remain important. They played a vital role in the late 1800s and early 1900s: then they became power hungry, sacrificing long term relevance for short term gains. When people who put together cars make more than nurses, teachers, social workers, and many others in professions that require a college education....something is amiss.

Japanese cars are more reliable in part because of workmanship, but also in part due to the more appropriate pay structure of their work force....which allows more investment in R & D, materials, and quality assurance.
__________________
Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel, Alex Smith will be better than Geno or Cassel...
Posts: 40,004
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #15
KCChiefsMan KCChiefsMan is offline
AIC
 
KCChiefsMan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Casino cash: $5000
ahhh, the Union....first it saved the country...in a way, now all they do is take advantage of their company
Posts: 11,477
KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:34 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.