Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 03:50 PM  
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is online now
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $9266
Pinkel signs 3 year extension

Great news! 1.3 million a year!

http://missouri.rivals.com/default.asp
Posts: 46,244
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $19480
Jeez, what was the hurry? I'd at least wait to see if he beat KU this year.

Personally, I would've waited until late 2007. I'm not sure where the program stands right now. This year, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat for a change. But we still choke in the big games that decide the division standings.

So is Team Pinkel ready to make that next step and start beating the good teams? Or is he simply a mediocre coach who can win 6-8 games beating schlubs? I suspect the latter, which is why at this point I don't want to be on the hook for him through 2011.
Posts: 45,862
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
eazyb81 eazyb81 is offline
The Illuminati
 
eazyb81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the road less traveled
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru
Jeez, what was the hurry? I'd at least wait to see if he beat KU this year.

Personally, I would've waited until late 2007. I'm not sure where the program stands right now. This year, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat for a change. But we still choke in the big games that decide the division standings.

So is Team Pinkel ready to make that next step and start beating the good teams? Or is he simply a mediocre coach who can win 6-8 games beating schlubs? I suspect the latter, which is why at this point I don't want to be on the hook for him through 2011.
Mizzou was picked to finish 5th in the North this year, so apparently he performed above expecatations.

Tigers are on track to finish 9-3 this season, which would be one of their best records of the last 25 years. Pinkel is winning games, bringing in talented players, and running a clean ship....what's not to like?
Posts: 12,025
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $19480
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Mizzou was picked to finish 5th in the North this year, so apparently he performed above expecatations.

Tigers are on track to finish 9-3 this season, which would be one of their best records of the last 25 years. Pinkel is winning games, bringing in talented players, and running a clean ship....what's not to like?
I dunno, I saw a lot of folks pick MU to contend for the North title because it was supposed to be weak this year.

They had a weak non-con sked, which is why I gave them credit for not blowing it (in the past they often got upset by supposedly inferior teams). They choke big time in big games, that's what's not to like. Which is why I asked -- is winning your weak non-con sked the first step toward taking the next? Or is Pinkel a mediocrity who won't be able to take the team to the next level?

Personally, I'm not satisfied long term with just beating directional schools in September and being everybody's else's bitch in October. My point was and is, I think it's too soon to commit to Pinkel for 5 more years.
Posts: 45,862
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is online now
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $9266
"On track to finish..."

Let's see how that works out.
Posts: 46,244
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
eazyb81 eazyb81 is offline
The Illuminati
 
eazyb81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the road less traveled
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru
I dunno, I saw a lot of folks pick MU to contend for the North title because it was supposed to be weak this year.

They had a weak non-con sked, which is why I gave them credit for not blowing it (in the past they often got upset by supposedly inferior teams). They choke big time in big games, that's what's not to like. Which is why I asked -- is winning your weak non-con sked the first step toward taking the next? Or is Pinkel a mediocrity who won't be able to take the team to the next level?

Personally, I'm not satisfied long term with just beating directional schools in September and being everybody's else's bitch in October. My point was and is, I think it's too soon to commit to Pinkel for 5 more years.
Sure they had a weak non-con....that's what most teams do, especially middle of the road programs like Mizzou. In years past Mizzou fans griped about losing to the weak teams in their non-con, now they are complaining even though they are winning them.

I'm not sure they "choke" in big games.....maybe they just aren't good enough to win those games yet. OU is loaded with 4 and 5 star kids, and Mizzou hasn't won in Lincoln in something like 25 years....it's not like Mizzou is losing gimmes here. They won a "big" game at the time in Lubbock, and they barely lost a close game in College Station.

That's fine if you're not satisfied, but I see this program moving in the right direction. Mizzou has a chance to win 10 games this year for the first time in a long time....IMO, that's progress.
Posts: 12,025
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $19480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
"On track to finish..."

Let's see how that works out.
Exactly. Why sign him now? Because some other teams might be sniffing around him?
Posts: 45,862
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #8
eazyb81 eazyb81 is offline
The Illuminati
 
eazyb81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the road less traveled
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
"On track to finish..."

Let's see how that works out.
Fine with me.....care to make any guesses on how they finish the season?

My money's on 2-0....ISU is awful and I think Mizzou will finally get over the KU hump.
Posts: 12,025
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #9
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $19480
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Sure they had a weak non-con....that's what most teams do, especially middle of the road programs like Mizzou. In years past Mizzou fans griped about losing to the weak teams in their non-con, now they are complaining even though they are winning them.

I'm not sure they "choke" in big games.....maybe they just aren't good enough to win those games yet. OU is loaded with 4 and 5 star kids, and Mizzou hasn't won in Lincoln in something like 25 years....it's not like Mizzou is losing gimmes here. They won a "big" game at the time in Lubbock, and they barely lost a close game in College Station.

That's fine if you're not satisfied, but I see this program moving in the right direction. Mizzou has a chance to win 10 games this year for the first time in a long time....IMO, that's progress.
You're writing around points I've already made in previous posts. You act like we're diametrically opposed, when the only difference is you're confident we're on the right track, and I've expressed skepticism about that. My whole point is, I simply think it's too early to commit to him -- unless you're satisfied with being a middle-of-the-road program. If I'm going to commit to someone for so long, I want to be sure he's the guy who can take them to the next level -- not necessarily the national championship, but a team capable of winning the North and getting a bowl better than Shreveport every year.
Posts: 45,862
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #10
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is online now
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Fine with me.....care to make any guesses on how they finish the season?

My money's on 2-0....ISU is awful and I think Mizzou will finally get over the KU hump.
I will guess 2-0 as well, but I wouldn't call either of those games a lock. Maybe @ISU - they have packed it in.
Posts: 46,244
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #11
eazyb81 eazyb81 is offline
The Illuminati
 
eazyb81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the road less traveled
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru
You're writing around points I've already made in previous posts. You act like we're diametrically opposed, when the only difference is you're confident we're on the right track, and I've expressed skepticism about that. My whole point is, I simply think it's too early to commit to him -- unless you're satisfied with being a middle-of-the-road program. If I'm going to commit to someone for so long, I want to be sure he's the guy who can take them to the next level -- not necessarily the national championship, but a team capable of winning the North and getting a bowl better than Shreveport every year.
My point is that some Mizzou fans make us out to be Michigan or USC, when we're not. We haven't been consistently good since the 60's, and now it looks like we are starting to get back on track. This year Mizzou is primed to go to the best bowl game the program has been to in awhile, and it's one year after arguably the greatest QB in the program's history graduated.

Reasonable minds can disagree, but as a fan who saw the awful teams in the 80's and early 90's, I am satisfied with how the program is rolling right now.
Posts: 12,025
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
eazyb81 eazyb81 is offline
The Illuminati
 
eazyb81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the road less traveled
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I will guess 2-0 as well, but I wouldn't call either of those games a lock. Maybe @ISU - they have packed it in.
I wouldn't call them a lock either, which is why I never said I guaranteed we'd finish 2-0. We will be favored in both games, and at this point it appears we have a good chance to finish 9-3.....that's a successful season in my book.
Posts: 12,025
eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.eazyb81 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #13
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $5050
I would have been pissed about this last year, and I still don't know if he's the answer. But at least we're winning the games we should, and actually finally won one we shouldn't have. We'll probably get a decent bowl and flirt with a Top 25 ranking.

Still sucks that we can't hang with the big dogs, though. But in the utterly unfair world of college football, I really don't know that I can blame Pinkel for losses to teams that have so much more talent to draw on than we do.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Frazod < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #14
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $19480
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
My point is that some Mizzou fans make us out to be Michigan or USC, when we're not. We haven't been consistently good since the 60's, and now it looks like we are starting to get back on track. This year Mizzou is primed to go to the best bowl game the program has been to in awhile, and it's one year after arguably the greatest QB in the program's history graduated.

Reasonable minds can disagree, but as a fan who saw the awful teams in the 80's and early 90's, I am satisfied with how the program is rolling right now.
All good points that I don't disagree with. Hey, I remember being pissed at Onofrio for losing to KU every year, even though he was also beating top 10 teams. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

I'm not dissatisfied with the way the program's heading, I'm just not sure where it's ultimately going. Like I said, you have to beat the patsies before taking the next step. We did that this year. I just don't know if Pinkel is capable of taking the next step up, which should be beating the big boys occasionally, whoever the league leaders are that year.

To reiterate my point, I'm just leery about committing to Pinkel right now, because I see us as being on the fence between going up, staying middle of the road or sliding back. I just think it's too early to tell. JMHO.
Posts: 45,862
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is online now
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod
Still sucks that we can't hang with the big dogs, though. But in the utterly unfair world of college football, I really don't know that I can blame Pinkel for losses to teams that have so much more talent to draw on than we do.
Missouri has what, the population of 6 million? They have NO Division I-A competition in the state. I don't think I can name another state that has such favorable conditions to draw from and underachieve like Missouri does in both Football and Mens Basketball.
Posts: 46,244
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:50 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.