Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

View Poll Results: If you had to choose only one of these, which would it be?
Democracy 20 35.09%
Free market capitalism 37 64.91%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 04:03 PM  
jAZ jAZ is offline
Supporter
 
jAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Casino cash: $5889
If you were forced to choose between democray and free market capitalism...

... which would it be?

I know it may seem like an odd juxtaposition of beliefs that in this country typically go hand in hand... but I've noticed a trend in discussions lately that caused me to consider the question in this way.

Seems like an interesting discussion.

If you were forced to choose between living in a society defined by democracy (but for instance, the people voted for communism/socialism) or one defined by capitalism (but public policy is dictated by an autocratic government) which would you choose and why?
Posts: 24,765
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #91
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4°
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Any nation's slavery that ended after it ended in the US cannot be said to have happened in a vaccum and occurred peacefully solely because of market forces without factoring in them learning from the mistakes of our Civil War.

Like Brazil was worried they would have a "civil war" if they didn't abolish slavery.

Brazil wasn't seperated into pro-slavery, anti-slavery states.

What could Brazil possibly have learned from "our Civil War"?
Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #92
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Crapski View Post
Like Brazil was worried they would have a "civil war" if they didn't abolish slavery.

Brazil wasn't seperated into pro-slavery, anti-slavery states.

What could Brazil possibly have learned from "our Civil War"?
I have to agree with this. I mean it's certainly possible that they saw an abolitionist trend in the world that influenced their own move toward abolition, but that growing sentiment was taking place whether our civil war happened or not.

I certainly don't think they looked at our civil war and thought, "OMG, we'd better end slavery before we start killing each other over it".
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #93
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
If your question is ultimately - how does it compare/contract to the Bush years?
I'm pretty sure that wasn't his ultimate question.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #94
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Hopeful for playoffs
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $10579
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I have to agree with this. I mean it's certainly possible that they saw an abolitionist trend in the world that influenced their own move toward abolition, but that growing sentiment was taking place whether our civil war happened or not.

I certainly don't think they looked at our civil war and thought, "OMG, we'd better end slavery before we start killing each other over it".
Of course not. But I am sure it would have made it more likely that any opposition to it would be frowned upon and not favored by most.
Posts: 9,531
mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.mr. tegu is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #95
jAZ jAZ is offline
Supporter
 
jAZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Casino cash: $5889
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Close attention to what? The fact that this country is not and has never been a democracy? The fact that capitalism at least offers some kind of rational control mechanism?
At this, point, my only answer has to be "anything in this thread at all".

But I'll give you a hint.
Posts: 24,765
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #96
blaise blaise is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
I'm in the middle on this. Partly because so much misinformation has been out there. Partly because Verizon and others seemed to give away the meta data, which is actually their property and thus their right to do so. I think the root of the problem is partly derived from the agreements that customers sign with companies like Verizon where they seemingly give away this data as part of the contract for service.

I think the entire system is super serious and should be treated that way. By that I mean, very serious oversight.

If your question is ultimately - how does it compare/contract to the Bush years? - I'll quote this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_war...nce_(2001-2007)
The NSA warrantless surveillance controversy (AKA "Warrantless Wiretapping") concerns surveillance of persons within the United States during the collection of foreign intelligence by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) as part of the war on terror. Under this program, referred to by the Bush administration as the "terrorist surveillance program",[1] part of the broader President's Surveillance Program, the NSA was authorized by executive order to monitor, without search warrants, the phone calls, Internet activity (Web, e-mail, etc.), text messaging, and other communication involving any party believed by the NSA to be outside the U.S., even if the other end of the communication lies within the U.S. Critics, however, claimed that it was in an effort to attempt to silence critics of the Bush Administration and their handling of several hot button issues during its tenure. Under public pressure, the Bush administration ceased the warrantless wiretapping program in January 2007 and returned review of surveillance to the FISA court.[2] Subsequently, in 2008 Congress passed the FISA Amendments Act of 2008, which relaxed some of the original FISA court requirements.
During the Obama Administration, the NSA has officially continued operating under the new FISA guidelines.[3] However, in April 2009 officials at the United States Department of Justice acknowledged that the NSA had engaged in "overcollection" of domestic communications in excess of the FISA court's authority, but claimed that the acts were unintentional and had since been rectified. [4]


...

The exact scope of the program is not known, but the NSA is or was provided total, unsupervised access to all fiber-optic communications going between some of the nation's largest telecommunication companies' major interconnected locations, including phone conversations, email, web browsing, and corporate private network traffic.[6] Critics said that such "domestic" intercepts required FISC authorization under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.[7] The Bush administration maintained that ... the warrant requirements of FISA were implicitly superseded by the subsequent passage of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF).[8]
The key here is that such spying, if it is going to be permitted, must have aggressive oversight. I'm not real clear how aggressive the FISA oversight really is right now, but whatever it is, it's FAR more than what Bush tried to do.

Once you put that oversight in place, I think we can debate the merits of the program. I'm not real sure I understand enough to support or oppose the actual program itself. But I'm certain that it's a serious issue that (1) should be debated and (2) carries a serious risk for abuse.

Or in short, "Wild stuff".
Right.
Posts: 21,003
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #97
jAZ jAZ is offline
Supporter
 
jAZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Casino cash: $5889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Crapski View Post
Slavery in Brazil ended peacefully in 1890, exclusively because of market forces.

Look around the planet and see where slavery still exists--- There is a complete abscence of free market enterprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Crapski View Post
Like Brazil was worried they would have a "civil war" if they didn't abolish slavery.

Brazil wasn't seperated into pro-slavery, anti-slavery states.

What could Brazil possibly have learned from "our Civil War"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I have to agree with this. I mean it's certainly possible that they saw an abolitionist trend in the world that influenced their own move toward abolition, but that growing sentiment was taking place whether our civil war happened or not.

I certainly don't think they looked at our civil war and thought, "OMG, we'd better end slavery before we start killing each other over it".
I have to say, that it's equally shameful that CC would make such an ignorant statement, that patteeu would defend it, and that I would ignore it for so many posts.

Unlike CC and patteeu apparently, I don't claim to have any person knowledge about Brazil's slave trade history, but all of us had access to the interwebz and the wikiz.

As it turns out, Brazil took LONGER than the rest of the western hemisphere to abolish slavery BECAUSE of the same capitalism (new demand for coffee) and market forces that established the slave trade to begin with. And it was sent into decline by the force of British government and then abolished for good by legal decree of the Brazilian government.

Or so says the wikipedia machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Brazil
By 1819 the population of Brazil was 3.6 million, and one third were African slaves. In 1826 the first article of a convention drawn in Rio de Janeiro stated it should not be “lawful for the subjects of the Emperor of Brazil to be concerned in the carrying on of the African slave trade, under any pretext or in any manner whatever, and the carrying on of such after that period, by any person, subject of His Imperial Majesty, shall [should] be deemed and treated as piracy.”[9] The announcement of this treaty caused great excitement in Brazil, for many believed it meant immediate suspension of the slave trade. However, when coffee production exploded in the 1830s in Rio de Janeiro as the crop that would fuel the export economy for the next 140 years, this new demand on the trade was not quelled by the treaty.[3] The British forcibly halted the trade with Africa by the 1850s, and the country then became dependent on an internal slave labor force as well as Spanish and Italian immigrant workers.[2]
...
Slavery was not legally ended nationwide until 1888 by the Lei Áurea ("Golden Law"), a legal act promulgated on May 13 by Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil. In fact, it was an institution in decline by this time (since the 1880s the country began to attract European immigrant labor instead). Brazil was the last nation in the Western world to abolish slavery, and by abolition had imported an estimated total of four million slaves from Africa. This was 40% of all slaves shipped to the Americas.[2]
Posts: 24,765
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #98
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
I have to say, that it's equally shameful that CC would make such an ignorant statement, that patteeu would defend it, and that I would ignore it for so many posts.

Unlike CC and patteeu apparently, I don't claim to have any person knowledge about Brazil's slave trade history, but all of us had access to the interwebz and the wikiz.

As it turns out, Brazil took LONGER than the rest of the western hemisphere to abolish slavery BECAUSE of the same capitalism (new demand for coffee) and market forces that established the slave trade to begin with. And it was sent into decline by the force of British government and then abolished for good by legal decree of the Brazilian government.

Or so says the wikipedia machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Brazil
By 1819 the population of Brazil was 3.6 million, and one third were African slaves. In 1826 the first article of a convention drawn in Rio de Janeiro stated it should not be “lawful for the subjects of the Emperor of Brazil to be concerned in the carrying on of the African slave trade, under any pretext or in any manner whatever, and the carrying on of such after that period, by any person, subject of His Imperial Majesty, shall [should] be deemed and treated as piracy.”[9] The announcement of this treaty caused great excitement in Brazil, for many believed it meant immediate suspension of the slave trade. However, when coffee production exploded in the 1830s in Rio de Janeiro as the crop that would fuel the export economy for the next 140 years, this new demand on the trade was not quelled by the treaty.[3] The British forcibly halted the trade with Africa by the 1850s, and the country then became dependent on an internal slave labor force as well as Spanish and Italian immigrant workers.[2]
...
Slavery was not legally ended nationwide until 1888 by the Lei Áurea ("Golden Law"), a legal act promulgated on May 13 by Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil. In fact, it was an institution in decline by this time (since the 1880s the country began to attract European immigrant labor instead). Brazil was the last nation in the Western world to abolish slavery, and by abolition had imported an estimated total of four million slaves from Africa. This was 40% of all slaves shipped to the Americas.[2]
I didn't claim to have any knowledge of Brazil's slave history, but unlike you, apparently, I can read. The only part of Comrade Crapski's post that your excerpt undermines is his use of the word "exclusively", but then it wasn't likely that any one factor was the exclusive cause anyway so it's not really much of a revelation. And it doesn't undermine anything about my post.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #99
jAZ jAZ is offline
Supporter
 
jAZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Casino cash: $5889
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I didn't claim to have any knowledge of Brazil's slave history, but unlike you, apparently, I can read. The only part of Comrade Crapski's post that your excerpt undermines is his use of the word "exclusively", but then it wasn't likely that any one factor was the exclusive cause anyway so it's not really much of a revelation. And it doesn't undermine anything about my post.
CC "only" claimed that market forces "exclusively" ended slavery in Brazil when reality is that market forces exclusively created slavery in the first place, and in the case of Brazil, they exclusively EXTENDED slavery after the government started to abolish it but demand for coffee surged. I guess if you consider the British forcibly cutting off the supply of African slaves a natural part of the "free market" and not an act of government intervention seeking to destroy the market entirely.

Then, yeah... "only" that.
Posts: 24,765
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #100
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
CC "only" claimed that market forces "exclusively" ended slavery in Brazil when reality is that market forces exclusively created slavery in the first place, and in the case of Brazil, they exclusively EXTENDED slavery after the government started to abolish it but demand for coffee surged. I guess if you consider the British forcibly cutting off the supply of African slaves a natural part of the "free market" and not an act of government intervention seeking to destroy the market entirely.

Then, yeah... "only" that.
How slavery started or what caused it to last until 1890 has nothing at all to do with his post. The only factor that your post brought to light that impacts Comrade's "exclusively" comment is the external British impact on the slavery supply. But there are always external factors that impact markets. That's why I said that it wasn't much of a revelation wrt Comrade's claim.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #101
jAZ jAZ is offline
Supporter
 
jAZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Casino cash: $5889
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
How slavery started or what caused it to last until 1890 has nothing at all to do with his post. The only factor that your post brought to light that impacts Comrade's "exclusively" comment is the external British impact on the slavery supply. But there are always external factors that impact markets. That's why I said that it wasn't much of a revelation wrt Comrade's claim.
Yeah, you are right, the British government forcibly shutting down access to the source of the slave trade is marginally relevant.

The Brazilian gov't 2 moves to abolition it matters even less.

And I have no idea why I would bother pointing out that market demand for coffee from Brazil EXTENDED slavery. That's so irrelevant to CC's claim that market forces ended slavery in Brazil ... it's really worse than a BUMPed thread.

I should probably be banned for confronting myths with facts when ideology is at risk.

My bad.
Posts: 24,765
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #102
blaise blaise is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $90
jAZ must actually be bothered about the heat Obama's been taking lately and he's just bumping this thread because he wants to have a DC argument without actually spending his time making excuses for his idol. Like a nicotine patch of sorts.
Posts: 21,003
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #103
jAZ jAZ is offline
Supporter
 
jAZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Casino cash: $5889
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
jAZ must actually be bothered about the heat Obama's been taking lately and he's just bumping this thread because he wants to have a DC argument without actually spending his time making excuses for his idol. Like a nicotine patch of sorts.
Sorry for giving a thoughtful reply to your question. I should have known that's not how DC rolls.
Posts: 24,765
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #104
blaise blaise is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
Sorry for giving a thoughtful reply to your question. I should have known that's not how DC rolls.
Your response was, "Well Bush was worse and there's really nothing to see here."

Does it make you sad when you read Obama take heat for NSA actions? It doesn't make you bump Obama out of your top 3 presidents ever or anything, does it?
Posts: 21,003
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #105
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
Sorry for giving a thoughtful reply to your question. I should have known that's not how DC rolls.
Does "thoughtful" mean "snarky" or "evasive" in the high society environs you left behind to visit us?
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.