Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > Media Center

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM  
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $36445
Movies

Yeah, so I saw a lot of movies this weekend.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Mediocre, at best. Slow and dragged on. Shorten it to 2 hours and it's golden. It's not, so it fails.

Michael Clayton - Amazing. Everything about it is awesome. However, it's VERY complex and mind bending. You have to think, so be prepared. I still feel like I'm missing key details of exactly what happened. Gotta see it again.

Across the Universe - Perfect is one word that comes to mind. It just works. And, contrary to many people I bet, the movie is best viewed sober. Trust me.
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #1636
Saggysack Saggysack is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: May 2001
Casino cash: $11252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I never said that, nor did the documentary. I said the Ochoas were > Escobar, and Griselda was a crazy fat bitch.


Did the imaginary man come out and bite you in the ass? I never said you said that. There are plenty of people and articles that have though.

Your comment to me is quite puzzling since I neither quoted you are typed your name.

Griselda was crazy? Or still is? She is still alive and living freely.

Have you seen #2?
Posts: 11,336
Saggysack has disabled reputation
 
Old 01-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #1637
Saggysack Saggysack is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: May 2001
Casino cash: $11252
Revolutionary Road.
Meh. Overrated. Only part worth watching is the last 15 minutes.
Posts: 11,336
Saggysack has disabled reputation
 
Old 01-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #1638
Darth CarlSatan Darth CarlSatan is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lacing the Kool-Aid
Casino cash: $5641
A while back we were talking about the new movie 'Taken'. I mentioned a miniseries of the same name, and this is the link to the first clip:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTyL...x=0&playnext=1
Posts: 9,243
Darth CarlSatan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Darth CarlSatan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #1639
PunkinDrublic PunkinDrublic is online now
Reign in Bayside!
 
PunkinDrublic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Casino cash: $43413
Watched a documentary "Heckler" the other day. It's about people who heckle comedians, movie and music critics. It's hosted by Jamie Kennedy who confronts all the critics who have talked shit about his movies and the hecklers at his comedy shows. It was pretty funny because the critics never back off their stances and Kennedy comes off sounding like a whiney bitch.
__________________
Disappointing my parents since 1976
Posts: 5,698
PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.PunkinDrublic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #1640
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $50420052
Just re-watched Pitch Black. It had been awhile since I had seen it; really an underrated sci-fi/horror film. I love the Riddick character, and they could have done so much with it, but decided to try for an epic, larger than life turd in "Chronicles". Hopefully, someday they re-visit that character with a better script.

And Claudia Black is ****ing well hot, in case you haven't received that memo yet.
Posts: 51,821
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #1641
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $180543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Just re-watched Pitch Black. It had been awhile since I had seen it; really an underrated sci-fi/horror film. I love the Riddick character, and they could have done so much with it, but decided to try for an epic, larger than life turd in "Chronicles". Hopefully, someday they re-visit that character with a better script.
I dont agree. Love Pitch Black. Loved Chronicles of Riddick as well. I liked how they expanded the Universe. The Necromongers were great baddies.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,374
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #1642
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $50420052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I dont agree. Love Pitch Black. Loved Chronicles of Riddick as well. I liked how they expanded the Universe. The Necromongers were great baddies.
See, to me, Pitch Black and Chronicles are kind of like Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. Both of the sequels were good, but not as good as the original, just because they tried to get "too big" with the story. I could be nitpicking some, but Pitch Black just seemed stronger than Chronicles because it was more concise of a story; Chronicles was trying to take on a whole universe worth of storytelling. Although I did enjoy Chronicles, I never felt as "in" to that maove as I did Pitch Black.

Like I said, the Riddick character is a prototypical sci/fi storyline in waiting. I hope they can continue on with it.
Posts: 51,821
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #1643
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $50420052
And speaking of Vin Diesel fueled sci/fi, anyone have a review of Babylon A.D.?
Posts: 51,821
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #1644
Darth CarlSatan Darth CarlSatan is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lacing the Kool-Aid
Casino cash: $5641
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Watched a documentary "Heckler" the other day. It's about people who heckle comedians, movie and music critics. It's hosted by Jamie Kennedy who confronts all the critics who have talked shit about his movies and the hecklers at his comedy shows. It was pretty funny because the critics never back off their stances and Kennedy comes off sounding like a whiney bitch.


Who the ****, besides the elderly perhaps, is going to be intimidated by Jamie Kennedy?!?!?
Posts: 9,243
Darth CarlSatan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Darth CarlSatan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #1645
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $120287826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
See, to me, Pitch Black and Chronicles are kind of like Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. Both of the sequels were good, but not as good as the original, just because they tried to get "too big" with the story. I could be nitpicking some, but Pitch Black just seemed stronger than Chronicles because it was more concise of a story; Chronicles was trying to take on a whole universe worth of storytelling. Although I did enjoy Chronicles, I never felt as "in" to that maove as I did Pitch Black.

Like I said, the Riddick character is a prototypical sci/fi storyline in waiting. I hope they can continue on with it.
I agree. I really liked Pitch Black, but Chronicles felt like it was all style and no substance. Fantastic visuals, and not much else.
Posts: 54,685
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #1646
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $180543
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou View Post
I agree. I really liked Pitch Black, but Chronicles felt like it was all style and no substance. Fantastic visuals, and not much else.
To me, im amazed they were able to make a sequel to Pitch Black.

Im fairly certain it was meant to be just a cheap, stand alone, sci-fi horror flick.

It turned out much better than that though....
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,374
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #1647
TrickyNicky TrickyNicky is offline
My Black Friend, Alan
 
TrickyNicky's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Manhattan
Casino cash: $51575
Wrong thread, but if you're a Riddick fan, they are re-making the original Xbox game Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay for the 360. It was, and still is, one of the best movie franchise --> video games ever imo (excluding anything Star Wars of course).
Posts: 3,628
TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TrickyNicky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
 
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #1648
KCChiefsMan KCChiefsMan is offline
AIC
 
KCChiefsMan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Casino cash: $1524399
Pineapple Express was pretty good

Step Brothers not so much, didn't care for it.
Posts: 11,477
KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 01-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #1649
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $199461
So this week I watched Bangkok Dangerous (a pretty shitty flick with all kinds of dumbassery, IMO), and just got back from watching The Strangers at one of my friends' houses. Dumbass ****ing movie, but I tend to hate all horror movies because no one has a goddamned bit of common sense.

I'm going to go watch Taken tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the previews look.
__________________
A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try.
Posts: 57,435
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 01-31-2009, 12:31 AM   #1650
Darth CarlSatan Darth CarlSatan is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lacing the Kool-Aid
Casino cash: $5641
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
So this week I watched Bangkok Dangerous (a pretty shitty flick with all kinds of dumbassery, IMO), and just got back from watching The Strangers at one of my friends' houses. Dumbass ****ing movie, but I tend to hate all horror movies because no one has a goddamned bit of common sense.

I'm going to go watch Taken tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the previews look.
Nick Cage looked like a goofball, but I still liked it. I think the deaf chick made it a little better than it should have been.
The whole "apprentice" thing was bullshit though.
Posts: 9,243
Darth CarlSatan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Darth CarlSatan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.