Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM  
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $36445
Movies

Yeah, so I saw a lot of movies this weekend.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Mediocre, at best. Slow and dragged on. Shorten it to 2 hours and it's golden. It's not, so it fails.

Michael Clayton - Amazing. Everything about it is awesome. However, it's VERY complex and mind bending. You have to think, so be prepared. I still feel like I'm missing key details of exactly what happened. Gotta see it again.

Across the Universe - Perfect is one word that comes to mind. It just works. And, contrary to many people I bet, the movie is best viewed sober. Trust me.
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 03-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #4696
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk View Post
If any movie was to win Best Picture this year (weakest year in a long while, I think), it was Up in the Air. Hurt Locker was a close second, but I knew it'd win anyway.
I still say Moon is the best movie I saw last year.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM   #4697
Jenson71 Jenson71 is offline
fides quaerens intellectum
 
Jenson71's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Iowa
Casino cash: $17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Up in the Air is very good. I've got TMWSAG coming on the Netflix tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Watched "Up in the Air". It's a very good movie that is a good commentary of our current economic times.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Yes. I was frankly amazed by how much I liked it. I thought about halfway through I could spot a cheesy twist ending coming a mile away and that was not the case. Wonderful movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk View Post
If any movie was to win Best Picture this year (weakest year in a long while, I think), it was Up in the Air. Hurt Locker was a close second, but I knew it'd win anyway.
Add my name to the chorus of those who were impressed by Up in the Air. I absolutely loved it.
Posts: 5,342
Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 03-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #4698
Miles Miles is offline
MVP
 
Miles's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Casino cash: $4355
Brothers was better than I thought it would be but I still prefer the original.
Posts: 12,244
Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #4699
Jenson71 Jenson71 is offline
fides quaerens intellectum
 
Jenson71's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Iowa
Casino cash: $17125
So for those who saw Up in the Air, what's your take on what he does at the end?
Posts: 5,342
Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #4700
KCChiefsMan KCChiefsMan is offline
AIC
 
KCChiefsMan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Casino cash: $1524399
well I guess I should add Up in the Air to my que
Posts: 11,477
KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #4701
Jenson71 Jenson71 is offline
fides quaerens intellectum
 
Jenson71's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Iowa
Casino cash: $17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan View Post
well I guess I should add Up in the Air to my que
Immediately!
Posts: 5,342
Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #4702
Cave Johnson Cave Johnson is offline
Andy the Big Reid Coach
 
Cave Johnson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: E. Bumf***istan
Casino cash: $94081
Saw Sugar last night.... I didn't like as much as appreciate the movie. The filmmakers did an excellent job conveying the crushing isolation of immigrating and the numbers game that is minor league ball.
Posts: 9,659
Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #4703
KCChiefsMan KCChiefsMan is offline
AIC
 
KCChiefsMan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Casino cash: $1524399
if any of you were thinking about renting The Informant, don't bother. Dark comedy my ass. It would have made for a good documentary but this "film" sucked bawls. Plus I really hate it when trailers completely mislead you.
Posts: 11,477
KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #4704
Cave Johnson Cave Johnson is offline
Andy the Big Reid Coach
 
Cave Johnson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: E. Bumf***istan
Casino cash: $94081
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I still say Moon is the best movie I saw last year.
My list would go:

IB
Hurt Locker
Moon
Up in the Air
In the Loop

Didn't see Avatar.
Posts: 9,659
Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Cave Johnson is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #4705
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9708596
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan View Post
if any of you were thinking about renting The Informant, don't bother. Dark comedy my ass. It would have made for a good documentary but this "film" sucked bawls. Plus I really hate it when trailers completely mislead you.
I didn't really care for it either. There just wasn't enough there.
Posts: 20,069
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #4706
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10856005
Saw Up in the Air, liked it alot, definetly about the times. Ending was def. not what i thought may happen. Worth a rent...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,093
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #4707
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10856005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsie View Post
My list would go:

IB
Hurt Locker
Moon
Up in the Air
In the Loop

Didn't see Avatar.
I'd put 500 days of summer on my list if i had one right now
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,093
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #4708
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsie View Post
Saw Sugar last night.... I didn't like as much as appreciate the movie. The filmmakers did an excellent job conveying the crushing isolation of immigrating and the numbers game that is minor league ball.
Sugar placed number 4 on my list of 10 best films of 2009. And yeah, I think I'm better than you for thinking that it is better than you think it is.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,300
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #4709
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $10856005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Sugar placed number 4 on my list of 10 best films of 2009. And yeah, I think I'm better than you for thinking that it is better than you think it is.
You work out at globo gym don't you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,093
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 03-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #4710
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
So for those who saw Up in the Air, what's your take on what he does at the end?
There are two possible interpretations.

1.) He's hardened up after leaving himself vulnerable for the first time in a long time. He's ready to go back out on the road, ready to be the man with an empty backpack once again.

2.) He's been inextricably changed by him leaving himself vulnerable. He's staring at the board of arrivals and departures looking for a place to visit. Remember when it was said to him that "If I had all those miles I would pick a destination and just go there?" That's what Ryan is doing.

Both are equally good and I don't think that there is any way to determine which one is correct. The answer is both. Or neither.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,300
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.