Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM  
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $36445
Movies

Yeah, so I saw a lot of movies this weekend.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age - Mediocre, at best. Slow and dragged on. Shorten it to 2 hours and it's golden. It's not, so it fails.

Michael Clayton - Amazing. Everything about it is awesome. However, it's VERY complex and mind bending. You have to think, so be prepared. I still feel like I'm missing key details of exactly what happened. Gotta see it again.

Across the Universe - Perfect is one word that comes to mind. It just works. And, contrary to many people I bet, the movie is best viewed sober. Trust me.
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #8671
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
I saw it this afternoon with my grandmother. I love Les Miserables, read the book when I was in high school, saw Victor Hugo's house and tomb this past summer, etc.

Leaving the theater I remarked that I thought everyone did a great job except Russell Crowe was completely out of place as Javert. He can't sing and didn't fit the role at all.
I was afraid he'd be the weak link. He sucked in the trailer.

But still I'm looking forward to seeing it. Probably this weekend.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #8672
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $50809
I've never seen the play or read the book (good lord, that's quite an accomplishment, DaKCMan), but I'm going to see Les Miserables this weekend with mom. Hulu is showing this along with the other two parts for the next four days: http://www.hulu.com/watch/230508?pla...t_scope=movies

I'm going to watch it.
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
 
Old 12-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #8673
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is offline
That's a spicy meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: My Kenworth
Casino cash: $6316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Is that a porn featuring a banana dick?


No.

Clint Eastwood is in it so it's a win.
Posts: 50,364
BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BigMeatballDave has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
 
Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #8674
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $100061492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
I've never seen the play or read the book (good lord, that's quite an accomplishment, DaKCMan), but I'm going to see Les Miserables this weekend with mom. Hulu is showing this along with the other two parts for the next four days: http://www.hulu.com/watch/230508?pla...t_scope=movies

I'm going to watch it.
Watch the musical.


Regardless, you'll love the movie. Despite my affinity for the novel and musical, this was undoubtedly the best movie I can recall seeing at a cinema. Hugh Jackman and Hathaway were absolutely marvelous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,016
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #8675
Pestilence Pestilence is online now
Want a ride?
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Casino cash: $77615957
Getting ready to watch Lawless.
Posts: 43,498
Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #8676
Ceej Ceej is offline
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $68745
Not feeling the greatest.

Left work early and I'm off tomorrow so I thought I would rent some movies.

I got:

Eastbound and Down season 3
Lawless
Apocalypse of the Dead
VHS
Resident evil Retribution
Posts: 16,163
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #8677
Fried Meat Ball! Fried Meat Ball! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fried Meat Ball!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $64827
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJizzles View Post
Not feeling the greatest.

Left work early and I'm off tomorrow so I thought I would rent some movies.

I got:

Eastbound and Down season 3
Lawless
Apocalypse of the Dead
VHS
Resident evil Retribution
Ooh. Let me know about Resident Evil. I'm sure it's pretry awful, but I'm a sucker for them.
Posts: 22,721
Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #8678
Ceej Ceej is offline
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $68745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Ooh. Let me know about Resident Evil. I'm sure it's pretry awful, but I'm a sucker for them.
I am too.

Unfortunately they've gotten progressively worse.
Posts: 16,163
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #8679
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
I was afraid he'd be the weak link. He sucked in the trailer.

But still I'm looking forward to seeing it. Probably this weekend.
Actually going to see it later tonight.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #8680
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $539387
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Actually going to see it later tonight.
With me?
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #8681
Fried Meat Ball! Fried Meat Ball! is offline
Cast Iron Jedi
 
Fried Meat Ball!'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Casino cash: $64827
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJizzles View Post
I am too.

Unfortunately they've gotten progressively worse.
Yes, they have. But I still watch them all.
Posts: 22,721
Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fried Meat Ball! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #8682
Pestilence Pestilence is online now
Want a ride?
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Casino cash: $77615957
Lawless was actually pretty good.
Posts: 43,498
Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pestilence is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #8683
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
My thoughts on Les Miserables:

First, the positive. Overall, very enjoyable. Particularly amazing performances by Anne Hathaway (just send her the Oscar now) and Eddie Redmayne. Jackman was a strong lead. The child actors were outstanding. Nearly everybody did a good job. Except....

(here comes a frazod rant.....)

RUSSELL ****ING CROWE

Holy ****ing shit. I mean, holy ****ing shit. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how awful he was. I mean ****ing putrid. Vile. Abominable. HE CANNOT SING. AT ALL. It was like some community theater play where the rich businessman who's bankrolling the production won't pay for the show unless his spoiled, talentless brat gets a lead role. It was like Star Wars with Elmer Fudd playing Darth Vader. It was like reading Wickedson's posts. IT WAS LIKE WATCHING MATT CASSEL PLAY QUARTERBACK. To the pantheon of motion picture suck that contains hacks like Sofia Coppola in Godfather Part III, Jake Lloyd in Phantom Menace, and Everett McGill in Dune (yes, I'm invoking Dune), we can now add Russell Crowe. What, was Keanu Reeves not available? How about Bob Dylan? Rosie O'Donnell? Crowe was so completely ****ing bad. His performance was a slap in the face to every other actor who ever played that role, and to anyone who ever watched these people on stage. And he HAD TO KNOW how much he sucked. The other actors had to know. I would think someone who had enjoyed so much success, who is a good actor, who has an Oscar on his mantle, would have enough pride to not embarrass himself in such a way. The studio must have insisted on casting him. There is no other explanation.

****



Beyond Crowe's odious turn as JarJarvert, they tinkered with some of the lyrics, cut an entire verse from Drink With Me, and there were also some really bad edits that nearly jarred me out of my seat. And yes, I appreciated that the actors sang live, but the novelty of it wore off about two-thirds of the way through, and at that point I started wishing they'd just sing it the way the stage actors do.

On a 10 scale, I'd give it a 7. Would have been a 9 if not for Crowe.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 12-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #8684
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $539387
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
My thoughts on Les Miserables:

First, the positive. Overall, very enjoyable. Particularly amazing performances by Anne Hathaway (just send her the Oscar now) and Eddie Redmayne. Jackman was a strong lead. The child actors were outstanding. Nearly everybody did a good job. Except....

(here comes a frazod rant.....)

RUSSELL ****ING CROWE

Holy ****ing shit. I mean, holy ****ing shit. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how awful he was. I mean ****ing putrid. Vile. Abominable. HE CANNOT SING. AT ALL. It was like some community theater play where the rich businessman who's bankrolling the production won't pay for the show unless his spoiled, talentless brat gets a lead role. It was like Star Wars with Elmer Fudd playing Darth Vader. It was like reading Wickedson's posts. IT WAS LIKE WATCHING MATT CASSEL PLAY QUARTERBACK. To the pantheon of motion picture suck that contains hacks like Sofia Coppola in Godfather Part III, Jake Lloyd in Phantom Menace, and Everett McGill in Dune (yes, I'm invoking Dune), we can now add Russell Crowe. What, was Keanu Reeves not available? How about Bob Dylan? Rosie O'Donnell? Crowe was so completely ****ing bad. His performance was a slap in the face to every other actor who ever played that role, and to anyone who ever watched these people on stage. And he HAD TO KNOW how much he sucked. The other actors had to know. I would think someone who had enjoyed so much success, who is a good actor, who has an Oscar on his mantle, would have enough pride to not embarrass himself in such a way. The studio must have insisted on casting him. There is no other explanation.

****



Beyond Crowe's odious turn as JarJarvert, they tinkered with some of the lyrics, cut an entire verse from Drink With Me, and there were also some really bad edits that nearly jarred me out of my seat. And yes, I appreciated that the actors sang live, but the novelty of it wore off about two-thirds of the way through, and at that point I started wishing they'd just sing it the way the stage actors do.

On a 10 scale, I'd give it a 7. Would have been a 9 if not for Crowe.
We should go on a trip to NYC and watch a bunch of musicals together. You seen Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark yet???
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #8685
Ceej Ceej is offline
BOOM!1!
 
Ceej's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $68745
Eastbound and Down Season 3 was hilarious.

The best of the three seasons, in my opinion.

April (Katy Mixon) is a ten, a ten, a ****ing ten!
Posts: 16,163
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.