Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 PM  
KCJohnny KCJohnny is offline
Blind, deceived homer
 
KCJohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Fort Stewart, Georgia
Casino cash: $5000
Kevin Kietzman's Sermon Today on 810 Sports

KK was in rare form today excoriating King Carl's failure to deliver on the main SB ingredient: a franchise QB.

Among KK's points (and I'm posting them for discussion, not neccessarily aggreeing with them):
  • SB winning teams build around a franchise QB; not a TE (Gonzalez) or OLT
  • Denver built its team around Elway; result: 5 SBs
  • Brady and 4 other Pats are the only constants since 2001; the other 48 players have all been imported to build around Brady
  • The Colts have 7 #1 picks on their squad: QB, RB, TE, WRS and a CB - no OLT, no LBs/DTs, etc...
  • Conventional wisdom: 3 of the top 10 draft prospects are QBs
  • Brodie Croyle is not the QBotF; he is < Jake Plummer
  • Paying LJ $19 mil was a colossal blunder
  • Quality OLmen can be selected in the 3-7th rounds
  • Carl's job might not be as safe as he is telling the media
  • Herm may resign if he can't get sufficient control to turn things around; he will be hired again in the NFL if that happens
  • Clark Hunt will address the media next week
  • A major Chiefs announcement is pending (?)
  • Solari is as good as gone (will not accept demotion to OL coach)
  • Chiefs must draft a QB #1 or forget a SB; they may get another 11-5 early exit, but no SB w/o a franchise QB
  • 15 of the last 19 years the Chiefs have had a SB-caliber OL but not the QB to go with it; 20 NFL teams currently have OLs good enough to win a SB but very few have the QB
It was rather disturbing to listen to KK's severe appraisal of young Mr. Croyle. He deplored Croyle's performance in every aspect, and said a strong arm is not enough. 0-6 was plenty of opportunity to see if the potential is there and it clearly is not. He identified Croyle's holding onto the ball, poor reads, missing open receivers, throwing behind the receiver, etc... as performance weaknesses and then he went into the usual riffing about Croyle's durability.

It was pretty compelling the way KK presented it. I agree with much but not sure Croyle can't improve. I was deeply disappointed with Brodie's performance yesterday but 2 things jumped out at me:

1. Gonzo and Bowe dropped about 7 passes between them;

2. Until Croyle learns the touch pass, he's never gonna make it in the NFL. Throwing lazer darts from 5 yards away is stupid.

Happy New Year,
KCJ
Posts: 6,328
KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
KC kid KC kid is offline
Veteran
 
KC kid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Casino cash: $5035
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJohnny
KK was in rare form today excoriating King Carl's failure to deliver on the main SB ingredient: a franchise QB.

Among KK's points (and I'm posting them for discussion, not neccessarily aggreeing with them):
  • SB winning teams build around a franchise QB; not a TE (Gonzalez) or OLT
  • Denver built its team around Elway; result: 5 SBs
  • Brady and 4 other Pats are the only constants since 2001; the other 48 players have all been imported to build around Brady
  • The Colts have 7 #1 picks on their squad: QB, RB, TE, WRS and a CB - no OLT, no LBs/DTs, etc...
  • Conventional wisdom: 3 of the top 10 draft prospects are QBs
  • Brodie Croyle is not the QBotF; he is < Jake Plummer
  • Paying LJ $19 mil was a colossal blunder
  • Quality OLmen can be selected in the 3-7th rounds
  • Carl's job might not be as safe as he is telling the media
  • Herm may resign if he can't get sufficient control to turn things around; he will be hired again in the NFL if that happens
  • Clark Hunt will address the media next week
  • A major Chiefs announcement is pending (?)
  • Solari is as good as gone (will not accept demotion to OL coach)
  • Chiefs must draft a QB #1 or forget a SB; they may get another 11-5 early exit, but no SB w/o a franchise QB
  • 15 of the last 19 years the Chiefs have had a SB-caliber OL but not the QB to go with it; 20 NFL teams currently have OLs good enough to win a SB but very few have the QB
It was rather disturbing to listen to KK's severe appraisal of young Mr. Croyle. He deplored Croyle's performance in every aspect, and said a strong arm is not enough. 0-6 was plenty of opportunity to see if the potential is there and it clearly is not. He identified Croyle's holding onto the ball, poor reads, missing open receivers, throwing behind the receiver, etc... as performance weaknesses and then he went into the usual riffing about Croyle's durability.

It was pretty compelling the way KK presented it. I agree with much but not sure Croyle can't improve. I was deeply disappointed with Brodie's performance yesterday but 2 things jumped out at me:

1. Gonzo and Bowe dropped about 7 passes between them;

2. Until Croyle learns the touch pass, he's never gonna make it in the NFL. Throwing lazer darts from 5 yards away is stupid.

Happy New Year,
KCJ

I agree with this idiot and any individual with an ounce of common sense would
Posts: 1,367
KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.KC kid < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
Woodrow Call Woodrow Call is offline
Winter Is Coming
 
Woodrow Call's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Springfield MO
Casino cash: $7723
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJohnny
Carl's job might not be as safe as he is telling the media

Herm may resign if he can't get sufficient control to turn things around; he will be hired again in the NFL if that happens

Clark Hunt will address the media next week

A major Chiefs announcement is pending (?)

Solari is as good as gone (will not accept demotion to OL coach)
I hope he's right.
Posts: 5,496
Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
Donger Donger is online now
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $411
VARSITY
The entire premise is flawed. Winning a Super Bowl is not Peterson's goal.
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 78,177
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Cochise Cochise is offline
Legend
 
Cochise's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Casino cash: $19697
Except for the Croyle bashing, he's probably right about all the other stuff.

The primary question an NFL team needs to answer if they want to win a super bowl is, "who is our franchise QB?". The primary question the Chiefs need to answer is, "Is Croyle our franchise QB?" If not - who is?

Unfortunately we elected this season to start Damon Huard and try to win now with one of the worst rosters in team history. It speaks to the incompetence of the front office that they thought this roster, which was lucky to win 4 games, could make the playoffs.

The primary purpose of this season should have been to answer the prime directive (tm) with respect to Croyle. Instead we chose to kid ourselves about not only the way the NFL works but the state of this team as well, and now we gained nothing the entire season besides watching our roster get older, watching Arrowhead empty on gameday, and prolonging the suffering of the fan base even further.

Why have we never won a Super Bowl? Because we have never developed a quarterback - indeed, we've rarely even tried.
Posts: 43,859
Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Cochise has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
KCJohnny KCJohnny is offline
Blind, deceived homer
 
KCJohnny's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Fort Stewart, Georgia
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
I hope he's right.
KK intimated that there were a lot of things "swirling around" at One Arrowhead Drive. He scoffed at CP's announcement that he would serve the remained of his contract. Clark has not really spoken yet.
__________________
Posts: 6,328
KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.KCJohnny is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
Silock Silock is offline
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $10834
I agree with him except the bits about Croyle. I can't think of a young QB off the top of my head that hasn't had the same kinds of problems that he has. If the best available athlete were a QB at our position, I'd still take him, but it's far too soon to know whether or not Croyle is the QBOTF or not.
Posts: 17,607
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #8
dirk digler dirk digler is offline
Please squeeze
 
dirk digler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Clinton, MO
Casino cash: $11935
I have been listening to KK since he came on today and I agree with him now about Croyle. It is time for us to draft a franchise QB with the #5 pick and if we fail we fail but at least we tried.
Posts: 49,054
dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #9
Woodrow Call Woodrow Call is offline
Winter Is Coming
 
Woodrow Call's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Springfield MO
Casino cash: $7723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise
Except for the Croyle bashing, he's probably right about all the other stuff.

The primary question an NFL team needs to answer if they want to win a super bowl is, "who is our franchise QB?". The primary question the Chiefs need to answer is, "Is Croyle our franchise QB?" If not - who is?

Unfortunately we elected this season to start Damon Huard and try to win now with one of the worst rosters in team history.

The primary purpose of this season should have been to answer the prime directive (tm) with respect to Croyle. Instead we chose to kid ourselves about not only the way the NFL works but the state of this team as well, and now we gained nothing this entire season.
That decision will haunt the Chiefs for year to come.
Posts: 5,496
Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Woodrow Call must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
xbarretx xbarretx is offline
The Freeze!
 
xbarretx's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner, KS
Casino cash: $50
gosh, after reading that i think im on the QB w/ 4th or 5th pick bandwagon

seriously though, WE SHOULD have started the season with Brodie. if hes that bad we would have been picking first or at least 2nd. then we wouldnt have a giant ? hanging over the depth chart on QB position.

if we do that though, we get another good year or two of bad drafts which = high picks < 10

i think this year sucked fat we were mislead by coaching, and shafted by not making a serious effort to begin the rebuilding until the very end. However, with that being said im ok with this year sucking providing we make something of this comming draft, and the team builds towards the future. if that happens correctly, the Cheifs could actually have a good chance at SB app.

..or, maybe my glass is just overflowing with half-full-ness
__________________
p.s. - VonneMarie is ALL woman!
Posts: 2,665
xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $15356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock
I agree with him except the bits about Croyle. I can't think of a young QB off the top of my head that hasn't had the same kinds of problems that he has. If the best available athlete were a QB at our position, I'd still take him, but it's far too soon to know whether or not Croyle is the QBOTF or not.
Well, how can someone get a good idea of a QB that can be a QBOTF behind this godawful line?

He got a raw deal. He got stuck with the worst o-line in football, and I can't tell how many poor decisions and injuries are to blame on that.

Hell, the line while he was in Alabama was better than this shit we're seeing right now.

And truthfully, the Chiefs screwed up not playing him the entire season. Croyle and the Chiefs really needed those early games to see more of what he could do.
__________________



2014 Major League Baseball American League Champions
Posts: 37,616
Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #12
Mecca Mecca is offline
Hockey Town
 
Mecca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Casino cash: $5325
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler
I have been listening to KK since he came on today and I agree with him now about Croyle. It is time for us to draft a franchise QB with the #5 pick and if we fail we fail but at least we tried.
Yep you have to be willing to risk it and roll with it. The Raiders did.....both the Bengals and Colts got burned on top 5 QB's, when presented with the chance again they fired at the QB again. You have to respect that even teams like the Bengals and Raiders get it to make the risk and try, so I respect that..

Us on the other hand, we're unwilling to take that risk which is why we never win anything.
Posts: 80,203
Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Mecca has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #13
BigMeatballDave BigMeatballDave is online now
That's a cancerous meatball!
 
BigMeatballDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $20984
Well, let the Kevin Kietzman fellatio hour begin for the Brodie haters...
Posts: 53,165
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
Coach Coach is offline
Play ball!
 
Coach's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $15356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
Yep you have to be willing to risk it and roll with it. The Raiders did.....both the Bengals and Colts got burned on top 5 QB's, when presented with the chance again they fired at the QB again. You have to respect that even teams like the Bengals and Raiders get it to make the risk and try, so I respect that..

Us on the other hand, we're unwilling to take that risk which is why we never win anything.
Again, a QB can't do everything. The QB cannot throw it and catch it at the same time. The QB cannot throw it and block at the same time.

Look at Cleveland. They had a shitty line last year. They upgraded their line, and it was improved. The problem was obvious, which was Charlie Frye. They made the right choice of getting rid of him, and playing Derek Anderson.

Croyle is NOT the problem.
__________________



2014 Major League Baseball American League Champions
Posts: 37,616
Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Coach 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
xbarretx xbarretx is offline
The Freeze!
 
xbarretx's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gardner, KS
Casino cash: $50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger
The entire premise is flawed. Winning a Super Bowl is not Peterson's goal.
maybe he and the other GM's play "fantasy attendence" so by keeping the numbers high he makes it to the SB in his fantasy league
__________________
p.s. - VonneMarie is ALL woman!
Posts: 2,665
xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.xbarretx has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.