Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 08:13 PM  
T-post Tom T-post Tom is offline
10K. Well, さようなら.
 
T-post Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tokyo. Milk/Honey/Gazland
Casino cash: $5000
Donks gettin' busy

Meanwhile, all is quiet on the Arrowhead Front...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Weeks signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:40:15 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent RB Marquis Weeks (Seahawks) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Vaughn signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:39:28 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent SS Vickiel Vaughn (49ers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Russell signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:37:19 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent WR Cliff Russell (Lions) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Pierce signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:36:10 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent TE Brett Pierce (Bears) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Morton signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:34:17 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent CB Christian Morton (Panthers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Katnik signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:31:10 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent C Norm Katnik (Vikings) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Jenkins signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:28:52 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent DL Julian Jenkins (Buccaneers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Jackson signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:26:58 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent FB Steven I. Jackson (Panthers) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Clemons signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:26:05 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent DT Nic Clemons (Falcons) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Upshaw signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:13:33 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad TE Chad Upshaw to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | McDaniel signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:11:31 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad WR Marquay McDaniel to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Fenton signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:09:57 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad OG Mark Fenton to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Brewster signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:07:33 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad WR Carlton Brewster to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Bozeman signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:05:22 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad DT Michael Bozeman to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Underwood signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:04:26 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed free-agent SS Marviel Underwood (Broncos) to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Burton signed to future contract
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:49:18 -0800

The Denver Broncos have announced they have signed practice squad DL Antwon Burton to a future contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He will officially be added to the roster at the conclusion of the 2007 NFL season in February.
Posts: 9,999
T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
kstater kstater is offline
Custom User Title
 
kstater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Casino cash: $9400
So they signed a bunch of scrubs?
Posts: 32,987
kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.kstater is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
T-post Tom T-post Tom is offline
10K. Well, さようなら.
 
T-post Tom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tokyo. Milk/Honey/Gazland
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater
So they signed a bunch of scrubs?
They're doing their job: looking for talent. There's been many All Pros that started as "scrubs." (Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and Priest Holmes was undrafted.)
Posts: 9,999
T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
Messier Messier is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $5075
Every team does this kind of thing. You'll see the Chiefs sign 20 players you've never heard of too.
Posts: 6,496
Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:42 PM   #5
el borracho el borracho is offline
Bears fan since 2013
 
el borracho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Casino cash: $6781
OMG! The Broncos just signed Tom Brady and Priest Holmes! OMG!
Posts: 10,397
el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.el borracho would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
blueballs blueballs is offline
Banned
 
blueballs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Casino cash: $5000
There are enough things to be pissed about
to go looking for a fly speck in a grain silo
Posts: 14,229
blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
Chiefs_5627 Chiefs_5627 is offline
Starter
 
Chiefs_5627's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Right hurrr
Casino cash: $5000
Posts: 618
Chiefs_5627 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefs_5627 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
DenverDanChiefsFan DenverDanChiefsFan is offline
coo coo ca choo
 
DenverDanChiefsFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Donkey Central
Casino cash: $5130
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater
So they signed a bunch of scrubs?
All those big name free agents - going to break the bank.

Damn Chiefs protecting their salary cap.
Posts: 2,478
DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.DenverDanChiefsFan would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
T-post Tom T-post Tom is offline
10K. Well, さようなら.
 
T-post Tom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tokyo. Milk/Honey/Gazland
Casino cash: $5000
I guess I didn't express myself very clearly. As in any business, those that hesitate are lost. It's obvious that someone in Denver has been evaluating talent and the front office is working feverishly to procure any potential upgrades. Hmmmmm... interesting concept. After a lackluster year, the Donks are making a concerted effort to get better? Yawn, right? Well, if just one or two of those "scrubs" can blossom into a solid contributor or a "playmaker," then the Denver front office out-hussled the other teams that failed to acquire that player. Score Denver.

I'm not looking for "a fly speck in a grain silo." I just find it interesting that while Peterson is talking about implementing a "plan," our arch rival is actually acting on implementing their plan. It's just another glaring indication of the inertia and ineptitude at 1 Arrowhead Drive. I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but that's my take and I'm sticking to it.
Posts: 9,999
T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #10
blueballs blueballs is offline
Banned
 
blueballs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Casino cash: $5000
Two of three units should have different coordinators
the new people might like a say in any new personnel
Posts: 14,229
blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
T-post Tom T-post Tom is offline
10K. Well, さようなら.
 
T-post Tom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tokyo. Milk/Honey/Gazland
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueballs
Two of three units should have different coordinators
the new people might like a say in any new personnel
Good point, sir. But then most of the contracts for 2nd tier guys that are "ascending" allow for those guys to be waived with a negligible impact on the cap. Besides, Herm's still the HC. For better or worse.
Posts: 9,999
T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
blueballs blueballs is offline
Banned
 
blueballs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Casino cash: $5000
They will be special teamers if anything
The new ST coach needs to pick his own
since the current ST players suck the penis
Posts: 14,229
blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.blueballs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #13
unlurking unlurking is offline
Venator
 
unlurking's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Casino cash: $8882
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueballs
There are enough things to be pissed about
to go looking for a fly speck in a grain silo
very shaolin monk of you!
Posts: 8,148
unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.unlurking has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:03 PM   #14
Messier Messier is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $5075
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom
I guess I didn't express myself very clearly. As in any business, those that hesitate are lost. It's obvious that someone in Denver has been evaluating talent and the front office is working feverishly to procure any potential upgrades. Hmmmmm... interesting concept. After a lackluster year, the Donks are making a concerted effort to get better? Yawn, right? Well, if just one or two of those "scrubs" can blossom into a solid contributor or a "playmaker," then the Denver front office out-hussled the other teams that failed to acquire that player. Score Denver.

I'm not looking for "a fly speck in a grain silo." I just find it interesting that while Peterson is talking about implementing a "plan," our arch rival is actually acting on implementing their plan. It's just another glaring indication of the inertia and ineptitude at 1 Arrowhead Drive. I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but that's my take and I'm sticking to it.

I think what others are saying is that while there is plenty to be angry about with the Chiefs, this isn't one of them. Being angry because the Broncos have signed a bunch of players that will be oh so lucky to be on any roster next season let alone the Bronco's is useless. I know your point is the Chiefs move slowly in the off season, and they do, but why get angry about this series of signings?
Posts: 6,496
Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:31 PM   #15
T-post Tom T-post Tom is offline
10K. Well, さようなら.
 
T-post Tom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tokyo. Milk/Honey/Gazland
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier
I think what others are saying is that while there is plenty to be angry about with the Chiefs, this isn't one of them. Being angry because the Broncos have signed a bunch of players that will be oh so lucky to be on any roster next season let alone the Bronco's is useless. I know your point is the Chiefs move slowly in the off season, and they do, but why get angry about this series of signings?

I'm not angry and I didn't think that I would come across that way. Now if you get a or , then I'm probably peeved. Otherwise I'm just being fashionable and piling on the FO with everyone else. Actually, I thought the other football geeks would find it interesting. My bad.
Posts: 9,999
T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.T-post Tom Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.