Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 05:15 PM  
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
God D*man America

Let's face facts, this one statement truly is the Genesis for this controversy.

I want to ask you, on an individual level, if one truly feels the country has perpretrated evil on a significant portion of its population, is this really wrong for them to state as their feeling?

I also want to ask, why is everyone using it like Obama said it?
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
SBK SBK is offline
Curry is the pick???
 
SBK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Georgia
Casino cash: $5000
No. We've done more good for the world than any other country in history ever has.
Posts: 8,153
SBK is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.SBK is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
SBK SBK is offline
Curry is the pick???
 
SBK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Georgia
Casino cash: $5000
And what kind of preacher ever uses the term "God Damn"? Seriously?
Posts: 8,153
SBK is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.SBK is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK View Post
And what kind of preacher ever uses the term "God Damn"? Seriously?
One that is not obsessed with the Bible being anything more than a very good spiritual guide for his flock. Not everyone believes a person is going to hell for saying "God Damn".
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
HonestChieffan HonestChieffan is offline
Country Santa Year Around
 
HonestChieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the Country in MO
Casino cash: $7282
What sort of Christian would take his Children to a man who says such things?

What is this mans judgement if he accepts the teachings of a racist hate monger on Sunday?

What sort of man would hire this hate filled sad creature then say he denounces his words...

What sort of man will not accept responsibility for his actions.


He has not the backbone, judgement, or moral character to be President. We are all cheapened by his very involvement in the process. He degrades the country and the men and women who make it possible for this bigot to spew hate every sunday while covered by the very constitution he damns. With Obamas support and blessing.
__________________
Frazod to KC Nitwit..."Hey, I saw a picture of some dumpy bitch with a horrible ****tarded giant back tattoo and couldn't help but think of you." Simple, Pure, Perfect. 7/31/2013

Dave Lane: "I have donated more money to people in my life as an atheist that most churches ever will."

Come home to Jesus Dave. Come home.
Posts: 28,582
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
What sort of Christian would take his Children to a man who says such things?

What is this mans judgement if he accepts the teachings of a racist hate monger on Sunday?

What sort of man would hire this hate filled sad creature then say he denounces his words...

What sort of man will not accept responsibility for his actions.


He has not the backbone, judgement, or moral character to be President. We are all cheapened by his very involvement in the process. He degrades the country and the men and women who make it possible for this bigot to spew hate every sunday while covered by the very constitution he damns. With Obamas support and blessing.


Oh you were serious.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
vailpass vailpass is offline
Yah Mules!
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $6820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical View Post
One that is not obsessed with the Bible being anything more than a very good spiritual guide for his flock. Not everyone believes a person is going to hell for saying "God Damn".
Give it up. You will NEVER get mainstream America to come around to your way of thinking on this one.
NEVER.
__________________
It don't matter what line we hand you
When we come a crawlin' in.
We ain't wrong, we ain't sorry,
An' it's probably gonna happen again.

T. Byrd
Posts: 36,795
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #8
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $6150
I don't personally see this as any different than Pat Robertson saying that God allowed 9/11 because of America's immorality. I truly believe that the difference here is that a black man is saying it, and white people don't like hearing expressive black men say things that make them squirm.
__________________
Ehyeh asher ehyeh.
Posts: 50,886
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't personally see this as any different than Pat Robertson saying that God allowed 9/11 because of America's immorality. I truly believe that the difference here is that a black man is saying it, and white people don't like hearing expressive black men say things that make them squirm.
I have to say I think you're right on this one. Phelps, Robertson, Falwell, and all those frauds say it and it gets shrugged off. Here it's a friggin shitstorm.
__________________
"Think about how stupid the average person is. Then remember that half the people in the world are stupider than that." --George Carlin
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #10
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical View Post
Let's face facts, this one statement truly is the Genesis for this controversy.

I want to ask you, on an individual level, if one truly feels the country has perpretrated evil on a significant portion of its population, is this really wrong for them to state as their feeling?

I also want to ask, why is everyone using it like Obama said it?
How have you not caught on yet?

If you say anything bad about America, you're in bed with terrorists and are not a citizen. Questioning authority? Get the hell out of here.
__________________
"Think about how stupid the average person is. Then remember that half the people in the world are stupider than that." --George Carlin
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
What sort of Christian would take his Children to a man who says such things?

What is this mans judgement if he accepts the teachings of a racist hate monger on Sunday?

What sort of man would hire this hate filled sad creature then say he denounces his words...

What sort of man will not accept responsibility for his actions.


He has not the backbone, judgement, or moral character to be President. We are all cheapened by his very involvement in the process. He degrades the country and the men and women who make it possible for this bigot to spew hate every sunday while covered by the very constitution he damns. With Obamas support and blessing.

Wow, talk about jumping off the bandwagon. Go vailpass, jr., Go.
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
Hydrae Hydrae is offline
MVP
 
Hydrae's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin, Tx
Casino cash: $6082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical View Post
Let's face facts, this one statement truly is the Genesis for this controversy.

I want to ask you, on an individual level, if one truly feels the country has perpretrated evil on a significant portion of its population, is this really wrong for them to state as their feeling?

I also want to ask, why is everyone using it like Obama said it?
I have been critical of this countries leadership for many years. I have never even come close to those kind of words.

I love my country. Period.

That doesn't mean I don't want to see major changes in how it is run. But the problem is not with "America" it is with those who run things.

This is one of my all time favorite songs, mostly due to the message in the lyrics. When you get to the end, go back and reread the first lines with the recognition of what it is talking about.

Suite Madame Blue by Styx:


Time after time I sit and I wait for your call
I know Im a fool what can I say
Whatever the price Ill pay for you, madame blue
Once long ago, one word from your lips and the world turned around
But somehow youve changed, youre so far away
I long for the past and dream of the days with you, madame blue

Suite madame blue, gaze in your looking glass
Youre not a child anymore
Suite madame blue, the future is all but past
Dressed in your jewels, you made your own rules
You conquered the world and more ..............heavens door

America....america...america..america..
America....america...america..america..
America....america...america..america..

Red white and blue, gaze in your looking glass
Youre not a child anymore
Red, white, and blue, the future is all but past
So lift up your heart, make a new start
And lead us away from here
Posts: 10,411
Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #13
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I have been critical of this countries leadership for many years. I have never even come close to those kind of words.

I love my country. Period.

That doesn't mean I don't want to see major changes in how it is run. But the problem is not with "America" it is with those who run things.

This is one of my all time favorite songs, mostly due to the message in the lyrics. When you get to the end, go back and reread the first lines with the recognition of what it is talking about.

Suite Madame Blue by Styx:


Time after time I sit and I wait for your call
I know Im a fool what can I say
Whatever the price Ill pay for you, madame blue
Once long ago, one word from your lips and the world turned around
But somehow youve changed, youre so far away
I long for the past and dream of the days with you, madame blue

Suite madame blue, gaze in your looking glass
Youre not a child anymore
Suite madame blue, the future is all but past
Dressed in your jewels, you made your own rules
You conquered the world and more ..............heavens door

America....america...america..america..
America....america...america..america..
America....america...america..america..

Red white and blue, gaze in your looking glass
Youre not a child anymore
Red, white, and blue, the future is all but past
So lift up your heart, make a new start
And lead us away from here
Nice song, but I am not sure it is something Rev Wright would relate to in his life experience. I also don't judge him, I would not make such a statement but I defend his right to do so and understand it is coming from his heartfelt feelings about the oppression he has suffered and his congregation faces.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #14
SBK SBK is offline
Curry is the pick???
 
SBK's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Georgia
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical View Post
One that is not obsessed with the Bible being anything more than a very good spiritual guide for his flock. Not everyone believes a person is going to hell for saying "God Damn".
I was meaning what kind of pastor hopes for God to Damn his nation? If he's read his bible he'd know that when God does that he destroys it, not simple makes little corrections.

I don't know where you got anything of this incoherent rant from what I said before....
Posts: 8,153
SBK is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.SBK is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
Logical Logical is offline
Screw U if U can't take a joke
 
Logical's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK View Post
I was meaning what kind of pastor hopes for God to Damn his nation? If he's read his bible he'd know that when God does that he destroys it, not simple makes little corrections.

I don't know where you got anything of this incoherent rant from what I said before....

Gee my incoherent rant applies exactly the same to this statement as to what I assumed you meant.
Posts: 31,579
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.