Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 01:52 PM  
a1na2 a1na2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburg
Casino cash: $5000
Obama does not want Hillary to quit the race ... why?

I have a feeling that he has invested quite a bit of money to discredit her and win the nomination and doesn't want that money to go to waste.

BUT, on the other hand it could be that he is not willing to start the between the parties war that he will surely lose if he starts throwing out stories that will be very easy to debunk.

Looks like a long season and the democrats will have to fight amongst themselves for some time to come.
Posts: 2,691
a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
memyselfI memyselfI is offline
CHANGEd your mind yet????
 
memyselfI's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lunatics Anonymous
Casino cash: $5329
Because he knows her coalition is built up of mostly Democrats, unlike his. Democrats who may ditch him if he's seen pushing her out when he's not wrapped up the nomination.
__________________
Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

BigChiefDave:"Anyone who thought we would only be in Iraq for a few years is either stoned or just stoopid."
"It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last 6 days, 6 wks. I doubt 6 mths." Rummy 2/7/03
Posts: 31,989
memyselfI has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
NewChief NewChief is online now
Greenbacker and Loving Liberal
 
NewChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Casino cash: $9504
He's just being gracious and trying not to alienate potential voters who currently support Hillary. I don't think he'd cry himself to sleep at night if she conceded the race to him.
__________________
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
- H. L. Mencken
Posts: 19,416
NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
whoman69 whoman69 is offline
The Master
 
whoman69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Marion, IA
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPhin View Post
He's just being gracious and trying not to alienate potential voters who currently support Hillary. I don't think he'd cry himself to sleep at night if she conceded the race to him.
Ding, we have a winner.
__________________
-Watching Eddie Podolak
Quote:
Originally posted by Logical
When the boobs are a bouncin, the Chiefs will be trouncin
What the Raiders fan has said is true, our customs are different. What Al Davis has said is unimportant, and we do not hear his words.
Posts: 23,081
whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
whoman69 whoman69 is offline
The Master
 
whoman69's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Marion, IA
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI View Post
Because he knows her coalition is built up of mostly Democrats, unlike his. Democrats who may ditch him if he's seen pushing her out when he's not wrapped up the nomination.
Hillary has no coalition outside Democrats. Her negatives mean almost no indee support. You can't win an election with only 33% of the vote.
__________________
-Watching Eddie Podolak
Quote:
Originally posted by Logical
When the boobs are a bouncin, the Chiefs will be trouncin
What the Raiders fan has said is true, our customs are different. What Al Davis has said is unimportant, and we do not hear his words.
Posts: 23,081
whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
banyon banyon is offline
Supporter
 
banyon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dodge City, Kansas
Casino cash: $10236
On the plus side, there'd actually be a reason to watch the convention instead of it being a glorified infomercial.
__________________

"For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" -- Inscription, Roosevelt Arch, Northern Gate, Yellowstone, near Gardiner, MT
Posts: 33,202
banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
Jenson71 Jenson71 is offline
fides quaerens intellectum
 
Jenson71's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Iowa
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1na2 View Post
I have a feeling that he has invested quite a bit of money to discredit her and win the nomination and doesn't want that money to go to waste.
That's probably it. He doesn't want her to quit now so he can say things about her that will cause her to quit later.
Posts: 5,342
Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
banyon banyon is offline
Supporter
 
banyon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dodge City, Kansas
Casino cash: $10236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson71 View Post
That's probably it. He doesn't want her to quit now so he can say things about her that will cause her to quit later.
No kidding. Why would you want to save that money and waste it in the general election?
__________________

"For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" -- Inscription, Roosevelt Arch, Northern Gate, Yellowstone, near Gardiner, MT
Posts: 33,202
banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.banyon wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
HolmeZz HolmeZz is offline
i guess its bittersweet poetry
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NeW HaVeN, CT
Casino cash: $5000
Because you don't look good when you're telling your opponent to drop out.

He's awaiting the day when she finally does.
Posts: 16,520
HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.HolmeZz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
a1na2 a1na2 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburg
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmeZz View Post
Because you don't look good when you're telling your opponent to drop out.

He's awaiting the day when she finally does.
I don't know, he's glib enough to make a joke of it and get her out of the picture.

If I were him running against her and the Clinton political machine I'd be money ahead getting that machine out of my way. Waiting only costs more money and also gives her a chance to turn the tables before the convention.

I'm betting that even if he has a substantial lead when it comes to the convention that there is still a probablilty that the DNC will take what they consider their favorite child and I don't believe that it is Obama.
Posts: 2,691
a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #11
beer bacon beer bacon is offline
WHAT
 
beer bacon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1na2 View Post
I don't know, he's glib enough to make a joke of it and get her out of the picture.

If I were him running against her and the Clinton political machine I'd be money ahead getting that machine out of my way. Waiting only costs more money and also gives her a chance to turn the tables before the convention.

I'm betting that even if he has a substantial lead when it comes to the convention that there is still a probablilty that the DNC will take what they consider their favorite child and I don't believe that it is Obama.
Hillary is the DLC's favorite child. She isn't all that well-liked by the DNC.
Posts: 9,172
beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.beer bacon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:16 AM   #12
a1na2 a1na2 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburg
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer bacon View Post
Hillary is the DLC's favorite child. She isn't all that well-liked by the DNC.
She is a favorite child and is still not that well-liked by the DNC, the should speak volumns as to the current state of the democratic party. Those guys need to get it together or branch off into splinter parties.
Posts: 2,691
a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.a1na2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:03 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.