Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 AM  
Jenson71 Jenson71 is offline
fides quaerens intellectum
 
Jenson71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Iowa
Casino cash: $5000
Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

For all discussion on actually playing the game.

Cars are sort of tough to maneuver so far, with all the camera details you can get into.

Put the subtitles on. Then you understand what they're saying, and it will even translate the foreign language.
Posts: 5,342
Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #211
BWillie BWillie is offline
Future Royals HOF
 
BWillie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Harpooning Whales
Casino cash: $20403
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou View Post
I just wanna complete single player, see the whole story. Any fun I can have with it after that is gravy.

That's when I'll get into the multiplayer, too.
I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.
__________________
Posts: 15,273
BWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBWillie 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #212
BigChiefFan BigChiefFan is offline
MVP
 
BigChiefFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the Top 10
Casino cash: $5554
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie007 View Post
I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.
Roman gives you the ability to WORK for him and get paid driving cabs for him. He also gives you the ability to call cabs that will take you to places you've already been to-that's very helpful after drinking.

Michelle just gives you sex, but it's still a stat-successful dates.

All the friends give you perks-it's worth helping them out, IMO.
__________________
A 35 year drought can make you thirsty.
Posts: 14,288
BigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #213
JBucc JBucc is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Casino cash: $5000
Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.

Also when I was walking along Algonquin some bum with a cardboard sign said something like "Watch out for them aliens!" or something about aliens. I wish I could remember the exact line.
Posts: 12,015
JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.JBucc is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #214
BigChiefFan BigChiefFan is offline
MVP
 
BigChiefFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In the Top 10
Casino cash: $5554
I'm having a blast playing this game. Anybody think the magician and his assistant are George W. and Laura Bush? They sure look like them and the assistant's name is LAUREL.
__________________
A 35 year drought can make you thirsty.
Posts: 14,288
BigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigChiefFan 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #215
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc View Post
Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.
Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)
Posts: 54,696
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #216
Jenson71 Jenson71 is offline
fides quaerens intellectum
 
Jenson71's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Iowa
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou View Post
Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)
When you're busted, you lose your pieces, mang. When you die, you still retain them. Never go down without a fight, mang. Never!
Posts: 5,342
Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jenson71 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #217
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $6737
Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,254
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #218
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.
It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)
Posts: 54,696
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #219
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dystopia
Casino cash: $7142
Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!
Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!
Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!
Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,647
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #220
Buck Buck is online now
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $2095
Has anyone ever sniped a helicopter pilot before?

Its suhweet!!!!

DO IT!
Posts: 42,196
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #221
QuikSsurfer QuikSsurfer is offline
Got swag?
 
QuikSsurfer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, MS
Casino cash: $5970
My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!
__________________
Posts: 11,752
QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #222
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5270
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer View Post
My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!
Grats!
Posts: 54,696
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:03 PM   #223
QuikSsurfer QuikSsurfer is offline
Got swag?
 
QuikSsurfer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, MS
Casino cash: $5970
I've been playing the shit outta Cops n' Crooks.. LOVE IT
__________________
Posts: 11,752
QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #224
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $6737
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou View Post
It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)
I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,254
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #225
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!
Bas Rutten's on The Men's Room. The real version is on MMA Weekly on HDNet. El Guapo's a lot funnier on real TV.
Posts: 54,696
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:46 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.