Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 AM  
Boon Boon is offline
a.k.a. Lenny
 
Boon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smack dab in the middle
Casino cash: $5490
Video Editing 101---Help!

I have a DVD recorder with a hard drive. I have some football games recorded to the hard drive. I would like to edit out all the commercials using a PC. How do I go about doing this? Burn it to DVD, then transfer it to the PC and use some software to edit it? What is a good software package for doing this? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.....GO CHIEFS!!
Posts: 1,677
Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Count Zarth Count Zarth is offline
JUST SAY NO
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $23120
I use virtualdubmod for editing out commercials. Takes time to re-encode a full game though, like a few hours.

It's free and has a lot of third-party plugins, too. You'll need to take the DVD and copy the .VOB files off the disc to your computer in order to edit them in VDub.
__________________
The Chiefs will finish 5-11, Alex Smith will play horribly, and Geno and I will cackle with glee while he burns Kansas City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I may be brain dead who knows.
Posts: 169,280
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Boon Boon is offline
a.k.a. Lenny
 
Boon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smack dab in the middle
Casino cash: $5490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claythan View Post
I use virtualdubmod for editing out commercials. Takes time to re-encode a full game though, like a few hours.

It's free and has a lot of third-party plugins, too. You'll need to take the DVD and copy the .VOB files off the disc to your computer in order to edit them in VDub.
Is the .VOB file created when I burn the hard drive contents to the DVD using my DVR? Thanks for the response.
Posts: 1,677
Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Count Zarth Count Zarth is offline
JUST SAY NO
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $23120
DVDs are full of .VOB files, yes. It's basically an MPEG-2 file. Depending on the length of the DVD there may be several of them.
__________________
The Chiefs will finish 5-11, Alex Smith will play horribly, and Geno and I will cackle with glee while he burns Kansas City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I may be brain dead who knows.
Posts: 169,280
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
Boon Boon is offline
a.k.a. Lenny
 
Boon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smack dab in the middle
Casino cash: $5490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claythan View Post
DVDs are full of .VOB files, yes. It's basically an MPEG-2 file. Depending on the length of the DVD there may be several of them.
Gotcha. Which version of Vdub do you use? Will it do fades, wipes, transitions, etc? What is used to make chapters? Thanks in advance.
Posts: 1,677
Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
Count Zarth Count Zarth is offline
JUST SAY NO
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-31-10 View Post
Gotcha. Which version of Vdub do you use? Will it do fades, wipes, transitions, etc? What is used to make chapters? Thanks in advance.
Um, the latest one? It's not a timeline editor, it's used more for "preparing" clips.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vir...8&big_mirror=0

Mainly I use it for resizing/cropping and adjusting contrast/brightness. And of course cutting out commercials.

If you want a simple timeline editor, Camtasia Studio is what I use, but it costs money. Unless you're familiar with the bittorrent network.
__________________
The Chiefs will finish 5-11, Alex Smith will play horribly, and Geno and I will cackle with glee while he burns Kansas City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I may be brain dead who knows.
Posts: 169,280
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Boon Boon is offline
a.k.a. Lenny
 
Boon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Smack dab in the middle
Casino cash: $5490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claythan View Post
Um, the latest one? It's not a timeline editor, it's used more for "preparing" clips.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vir...8&big_mirror=0

Mainly I use it for resizing/cropping and adjusting contrast/brightness. And of course cutting out commercials.

If you want a simple timeline editor, Camtasia Studio is what I use, but it costs money. Unless you're familiar with the bittorrent network.
What is this bittorrent network you speak of?
Posts: 1,677
Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.Boon is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.