Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM  
jiveturkey jiveturkey is offline
Captain Kick Ass
 
jiveturkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas
Casino cash: $61252
More Sci Fi - After Earth

The trailer looks OK. Like most of the other suckers for sci fi I'll probably see it in the theater along with Oblivion, The Protoype, Elysium, Pacific Rim, Ender’s Game and Robot & Frank.

Posts: 5,255
jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
keg in kc keg in kc is online now
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $1353616
Was just about to post it...it's...not as bad as i expected from m. n. shamalamadingdong.
Posts: 50,100
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Bowser Bowser is online now
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $50982107
An M. Night flick.

Well, I guess it will all be a training exercise in some holodeck somewhere, then?
Posts: 49,897
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Was just about to post it...it's...not as bad as i expected from m. n. shamalamadingdong.
**** him. I'll need to see positive reviews from most critics and people here before I watch anything this guy ever does again.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
jiveturkey jiveturkey is offline
Captain Kick Ass
 
jiveturkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas
Casino cash: $61252
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
**** him. I'll need to see positive reviews from most critics and people here before I watch anything this guy ever does again.
I can't blame you. He must be an excellent pitch man when he's in front of execs.
Posts: 5,255
jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiveturkey View Post
I can't blame you. He must be an excellent pitch man when he's in front of execs.
Normally you'd have to coach for the Chiefs to be able to ride such limited success to continual new gigs.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:19 PM
bowener
This message has been deleted by bowener. Reason: i am dumb
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
bevischief bevischief is offline
....
 
bevischief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota
Casino cash: $1018282457
From that trailer I have no idea if I want to even this.
__________________
Posts: 23,539
bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.bevischief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $168740
Meh....too much CGI.

The Cruise one looks alot better. At least the TRON guy looks like he builds real sets and keeps the CGI to a minimum. I can appreciate that.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 47,716
Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
bowener bowener is offline
Pioli is gone, which is nice.
 
bowener's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $1213839
Robot and Frank is pretty awesome btw.
__________________
Main Entry: bowe·ner
Pronunciation: \ˈbō-nər\
Function: noun
Date: circa 2007

Posts: 6,959
bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #10
Miles Miles is offline
MVP
 
Miles's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Casino cash: $1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
**** him. I'll need to see positive reviews from most critics and people here before I watch anything this guy ever does again.
After Unbreakable each of his movies seemed to get progressively worse. I recall getting angry while watching The Happening. As in there better be a twist coming other than plants rebelling because this is ****ing awful.
Posts: 12,130
Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Miles must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
After Unbreakable each of his movies seemed to get progressively worse. I recall getting angry while watching The Happening. As in there better be a twist coming other than plants rebelling because this is ****ing awful.
Don't even get me started on Signs.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $168740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
After Unbreakable each of his movies seemed to get progressively worse. I recall getting angry while watching The Happening. As in there better be a twist coming other than plants rebelling because this is ****ing awful.
Walhberg talks to a tree




__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 47,716
Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
ThaVirus ThaVirus is offline
The poster CP deserves
 
ThaVirus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Casino cash: $79655
The Happening and The Village were piles of shit, but I actually liked Signs.

The twists in all three were terrible though.

The only twist in his movies I can remember liking were The Sixth Sense (of course) and Lady in the Water (for some reason, I really liked that one).

I'm kind of 'meh' on Unbreakable. It was entertaining when I watched it but then again I was like 12 years old.
__________________
"I don't know how to put this...but I'm kind of a big deal"
Posts: 10,093
ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.ThaVirus 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
The Happening and The Village were piles of shit, but I actually liked Signs.

The twists in all three were terrible though.

The only twist in his movies I can remember liking were The Sixth Sense (of course) and Lady in the Water (for some reason, I really liked that one).

I'm kind of 'meh' on Unbreakable. It was entertaining when I watched it but then again I was like 12 years old.
I assume you've never lived in the country or met any actual farmers. In real life, they actually do a little farming, they don't sleep in, and they don't need to rely on baseball bats for self-defense, since they all own guns (at least every single one I've ever met does). And while I've never encountered an alien, I assume that any alien race advanced enough to be capable of interstellar travel would be smart enough to ARM their invading armies with advanced weapons, and that these invaders would also be smart enough to not allow themselves to be trapped in a ****ing pantry. And if members of this race were allergic/intolerant of water, why would they invade a planet that is mostly covered by water, where it rains?

Signs is one of the dumbest goddamn movies ever conceived.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
-King- -King- is online now
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $100386
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Don't even get me started on Signs.
Signs wasn't bad.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 36,982
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.