Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM  
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $36445
Breaking Bad

Anyone watching this magnificent show?
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #226
KCwolf KCwolf is offline
Finisher
 
KCwolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Portland Oregon
Casino cash: $97630
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk View Post
You sound like my brother.
Sounds like a good guy
Posts: 1,229
KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KCwolf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #227
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990716
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCwolf View Post
It's Bar None the best TV show on TV.
I'm going to disagree. I love love love love Breaking Bad. It is probably my favorite show on TV right now. But I think that Mad Men is a superior show, if only very slightly.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,277
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #228
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $36445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I'm going to disagree. I love love love love Breaking Bad. It is probably my favorite show on TV right now. But I think that Mad Men is a superior show, if only very slightly.
I need to watch Mad Men but I'm betting the slight superiority is the period piece nature of it.
__________________
"Think about how stupid the average person is. Then remember that half the people in the world are stupider than that." --George Carlin
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #229
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990716
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk View Post
I need to watch Mad Men but I'm betting the slight superiority is the period piece nature of it.
No. In fact, that Breaking Bad is occurring in present day is one of the reasons that I like BB more.

Mad Men has more to say about America and Americans than does Breaking Bad. MM has a greater intellectual heft to it and it pulls off its full plate as deftly as BB pulls off its less-full one. MM also has a more consistent artistic vision from episode to episode; it is far easier to note big shifts in direction or writing in BB, shifts that occur when there is a first-time director or first-time principle script writer.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,277
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #230
Loxinabox Loxinabox is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2010
Casino cash: $570
DVR the whole season

Ya I love the show and I got a free DVR through work best-americanbusiness.com So have tapped the whole season so far. The writing is amazing easily the best show on TV
Posts: 4
Loxinabox is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Loxinabox is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #231
Demonpenz Demonpenz is offline
Getting Hectic
 
Demonpenz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Apartment "G UNIT!"
Casino cash: $137479
the planes collided in season 2....tooo farrr for me
Posts: 44,422
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #232
Loxinabox Loxinabox is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2010
Casino cash: $570
The last episode of BB with the fly was amazing! How often does a TV show enter the theater of the absurd? I mean they were doing Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot!
Posts: 4
Loxinabox is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Loxinabox is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #233
Loxinabox Loxinabox is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2010
Casino cash: $570
[quote=irishjayhawk;5605653]You should try to catch back up. Only 11 have aired thus far.

Damn good. Especially the first two of this season. And the opening scenes of each.

FWIW, Stephen King says it's the best scripted show on television, right now. Theater of the absurd? I mean they were doing Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot!
Posts: 4
Loxinabox is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Loxinabox is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #234
irishjayhawk irishjayhawk is offline
Feelin' Alright
 
irishjayhawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Casino cash: $36445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
No. In fact, that Breaking Bad is occurring in present day is one of the reasons that I like BB more.

Mad Men has more to say about America and Americans than does Breaking Bad. MM has a greater intellectual heft to it and it pulls off its full plate as deftly as BB pulls off its less-full one. MM also has a more consistent artistic vision from episode to episode; it is far easier to note big shifts in direction or writing in BB, shifts that occur when there is a first-time director or first-time principle script writer.
I'm not sure I buy that comparison. Saying something about America and Americans is general whereas saying something about the drug-cartel-DEA war is much more specific. Thus, I'm not sure you can compare the intellectual heft. After all, a book about WWII and a book about Stalingrad can both be intellectually heavy.

FWIW, I restarted my Mad Men attempt. Watched the pilot for the second or third time. Trying to get up to speed before it starts. Probably won't make it.
__________________
"Think about how stupid the average person is. Then remember that half the people in the world are stupider than that." --George Carlin
Posts: 16,887
irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.irishjayhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #235
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $132752798
Oh Mad Men,

Is that a good show?

I've been looking for a new one now that Lost is over.
Posts: 41,923
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #236
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990716
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk View Post
I'm not sure I buy that comparison. Saying something about America and Americans is general whereas saying something about the drug-cartel-DEA war is much more specific. Thus, I'm not sure you can compare the intellectual heft. After all, a book about WWII and a book about Stalingrad can both be intellectually heavy.
You're not making sense to me. I didn't once say that BB wasn't intellectually hefty. I am claiming that MM is a better show by the slimmest of margins because it takes on more themes, more subjects, a more comprehensive view of the American idea than does BB and does so with aplomb at least equal to that of BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Oh Mad Men,

Is that a good show?

I've been looking for a new one now that Lost is over.
Mad Men is either 1a or 1b in terms of best shows on TV right now.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,277
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #237
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $132752798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
You're not making sense to me. I didn't once say that BB wasn't intellectually hefty. I am claiming that MM is a better show by the slimmest of margins because it takes on more themes, more subjects, a more comprehensive view of the American idea than does BB and does so with aplomb at least equal to that of BB.


Mad Men is either 1a or 1b in terms of best shows on TV right now.
Care to give me a general plot?

I dont want to look it up for fear of spoilers.
Posts: 41,923
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #238
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $539387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Care to give me a general plot?

I dont want to look it up for fear of spoilers.
The creative director of a Madison Avenue ad agency in the 1960s puts it in the butt of countless beautiful women. But he is haunted by his mysterious past...
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #239
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $132752798
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer View Post
The creative director of a Madison Avenue ad agency in the 1960s puts it in the butt of countless beautiful women. But he is haunted by his mysterious past...
Awesome.
Posts: 41,923
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:29 AM   #240
Buck Buck is offline
Take a Chill Pill
 
Buck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Casino cash: $132752798
Real quick,

Is Mad Men a show for DVD or Blu-Ray?
Posts: 41,923
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.