Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 02:27 PM  
'Hamas' Jenkins 'Hamas' Jenkins is offline
Emptying the Trash
 
'Hamas' Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Casino cash: $5560
Mother**** you Scott Pioli

Posts: 57,531
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #691
L.A. Chieffan L.A. Chieffan is online now
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL
 
L.A. Chieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: American Gardens Building
Casino cash: $5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
First of all, you have no idea what we're going to get out of Jackson. We had these same dumb arguments about Dorsey last season when he was getting pushed around like a stuffed animal. Judging that pick after 1 season is ridiculous. And yes, when people rip on the Jackson pick and then bitch about a guy we should have took that was taken 10-20 picks later, that's using hindsight.

I still don't mind dumping money on Cassel. It doesn't look like it will work out, but given that the alternative was Sanchez, I'm not convinced we did any better or worse at this point. Now, if the Chiefs don't aggressively go after some backup plan at QB this offseason, then I'll be angry. As long as they didn't blatantly miss out on a better alternative, who really cares if they ****ed up? His contract is essentially a 3-year contract, so you bring someone else in and you move on.
so anytime anybody is ever wrong about anything are you just going to play the hindsight card?

the pick was ****ing stupid in April, the minute the ****ing pick was anounced it was ****ing stupid thats what this thread is all about.

oh its not just about sanchez either. i said it right in this thread the day of the pick, the pick was stupid and i didnt even want sanchez. this has nothing to do with sanchez, it has to do with the people who we're sucking off pioli the DAY OF the draft and acting like we just won the lottery even though all the signs were there the DAY OF the draft that it was ****ing idiotic
Posts: 15,233
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #692
OnTheWarpath58 OnTheWarpath58 is offline
37 FOREVER
 
OnTheWarpath58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $5320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
I still say this team is better overall with drafting Sanchez. We could easily signed a vet like Kitna to take the reigns for the whole year or hell to the bye week.
Christ, this team might have been better with Josh ****ing Freeman.

And that's coming from someone who wanted NO PART of drafting him.
Posts: 49,723
OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #693
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $5571
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Bullshit. We know EXACTLY what we're getting with Jackson: He's a 5 tech defensive end that makes absolutely NO impact. The ONLY way Jackson can impact a game is by swallowing up blockers which allows the linebackers to make plays.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs don't have any linebackers, besides Hali. And furthermore, just as suspected, Jackson is a ****ing TWO DOWN PLAYER.
BJ Raji would also be a two-down player. And give me a ****ing break, his job would have been largely to swallow up blockers too. Maybe teams shouldn't take a Left Tackle, since their only job is to swallow up pass rushers so QBs and RBs can make plays.


Quote:
Sure. Because Sanchez, a 22 year-old rookie that definitely struggled at times and may lead his team to the playoffs, would be a worse alternative.
He certainly hasn't proven to be a better alternative. And you're on crack if you think the Jets are on track because of Sanchez. Kellen Clemens led the Jets to a similar ass-raping of the Bucs last week in Sanchez's absence with the same exact formula--play great defense, run the ball down the other team's throat, and don't ask too much of your QB. Mark Sanchez's role = Damon Huard's role in 2006.

Right now, Sanchez holds the ball like a loaf of bread, is even worse at holding on to the ball too long, hasn't proven he can throw a good ball in the conditions, and is struggling with the vanilla playbook he is operating in. Maybe he gets better over time, but right now, I have seen absolutely nothing from him that indicates that he's the answer to anything.
Posts: 19,986
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #694
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $5571
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan View Post
so anytime anybody is ever wrong about anything are you just going to play the hindsight card?

the pick was ****ing stupid in April, the minute the ****ing pick was anounced it was ****ing stupid thats what this thread is all about.

oh its not just about sanchez either. i said it right in this thread the day of the pick, the pick was stupid and i didnt even want sanchez. this has nothing to do with sanchez, it has to do with the people who we're sucking off pioli the DAY OF the draft and acting like we just won the lottery even though all the signs were there the DAY OF the draft that it was ****ing idiotic
No. If you wanted Sanchez, Raji, or Crabtree instead of Jackson, that's fine. But when people start talking about alternatives to Jackson that fell well past #3, that's using hindsight as an argument.

And you have no ****ing idea if Jackson was a good/bad pick. He's a rookie for christ sake.

If Jackson plays to a very high level next year, while it may never end up being a great pick, it certainly won't be a bad pick.
Posts: 19,986
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #695
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
BJ Raji would also be a two-down player. And give me a ****ing break, his job would have been largely to swallow up blockers too. Maybe teams shouldn't take a Left Tackle, since their only job is to swallow up pass rushers so QBs and RBs can make plays.
Who gives a shit about BJ Raji? The topic of the conversation is Tyson Jackson.

JFC. All you do is deflect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
He certainly hasn't proven to be a better alternative. And you're on crack if you think the Jets are on track because of Sanchez. Kellen Clemens led the Jets to a similar ass-raping of the Bucs last week in Sanchez's absence with the same exact formula--play great defense, run the ball down the other team's throat, and don't ask too much of your QB. Mark Sanchez's role = Damon Huard's role in 2006.

Right now, Sanchez holds the ball like a loaf of bread, is even worse at holding on to the ball too long, hasn't proven he can throw a good ball in the conditions, and is struggling with the vanilla playbook he is operating in. Maybe he gets better over time, but right now, I have seen absolutely nothing from him that indicates that he's the answer to anything.
Then you're a ****ing dumbshit, plain and simple.

No one expects Sanchez to be Peyton Manning. But he's clearly capable of handling himself on the NFL field. IMO (and in the opinion of most that wanted him at #3), he shouldn't have seen the field this year: He should have spent at least 8 games on the sidelines, if not the entire 16 games. He's 22 and has a MUCH higher ceiling than Cassel.

If you can't see that Sanchez has all of the tools to become a successful NFL QB, then you're blind.

Which wouldn't be surprising considering your takes around here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #696
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
No. If you wanted Sanchez, Raji, or Crabtree instead of Jackson, that's fine. But when people start talking about alternatives to Jackson that fell well past #3, that's using hindsight as an argument.

And you have no ****ing idea if Jackson was a good/bad pick. He's a rookie for christ sake.

If Jackson plays to a very high level next year, while it may never end up being a great pick, it certainly won't be a bad pick.
If you can't tell that Jackson should have NEVER been drafted at #3 overall, your Chiefsplanet account should be immediately revoked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER View Post
Geno > Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) View Post
Dane is gonna have to leave again after we draft Geno.

He faces monstrous backlash.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #697
dirk digler dirk digler is offline
Please squeeze
 
dirk digler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Clinton, MO
Casino cash: $5340
It looks like I was the only smart and rational person in this thread.
Posts: 48,389
dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dirk digler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #698
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
And you have no ****ing idea if Jackson was a good/bad pick. He's a rookie for christ sake.
Yes I do.

It was a ****ing awful pick.

A franchise-alteringly bad pick.

It was a firing offense.

Time will bear this out, but for right now you'll just have to accept the fact that you're a good 2 years behind the curve on all things football related.

I do, however, look forward to your stirring monologue on how invading the Chinese mainland in 1945 would be a grand idea.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #699
Raised On Riots Raised On Riots is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MS 2379yds / MC 2705yds
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
I still say this team is better overall with drafting Sanchez. We could easily signed a vet like Kitna to take the reigns for the whole year or hell to the bye week.
KC would have destroyed his career. He's better off where he is.
Posts: 14,047
Raised On Riots is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Raised On Riots is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #700
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $5571
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Who gives a shit about BJ Raji? The topic of the conversation is Tyson Jackson.

JFC. All you do is deflect.
If you're going to rip on a team for taking Tyson Jackson, you better have a viable alternative. And right now, the majority of alternatives I hear are players who were taken 10-20 picks later. Criticizing a team for reaching, then saying they should have reached for another player instead is ridiculous. Like I said, the only alternatives to Jackson at that draft value were Sanchez, Curry, Crabtree, and Raji. I'm not upset at taking the first two. Don't know how I feel about Crabtree's attitude. The only guy I would have taken, and I've said this from day 1, is Raji.

Quote:
Then you're a ****ing dumbshit, plain and simple.

No one expects Sanchez to be Peyton Manning. But he's clearly capable of handling himself on the NFL field. IMO (and in the opinion of most that wanted him at #3), he shouldn't have seen the field this year: He should have spent at least 8 games on the sidelines, if not the entire 16 games. He's 22 and has a MUCH higher ceiling than Cassel.

If you can't see that Sanchez has all of the tools to become a successful NFL QB, then you're blind.

Which wouldn't be surprising considering your takes around here.
Sanchez does have all the tools.

Except that he has shown shaky pocket presence, complete carelessness with holding the ball like a loaf of bread, an inability to read defenses, a deep lob ball that floats around in all kinds of different directions in windy conditions, the problem of holding onto the ball too long. If you're clinging to the belief that Sanchez is capable of handling the NFL after struggling in a very, very, very simplified version of an offense, then you're blind too. Like I said, 2009 Sanchez = 2006 Damon Huard.
Posts: 19,986
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #701
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $5571
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
Christ, this team might have been better with Josh ****ing Freeman.

And that's coming from someone who wanted NO PART of drafting him.
As of right now, I think Freeman is easily playing like the 2nd best QB in this class. I agree with you on this one. But that would have been a monumental reach.
Posts: 19,986
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #702
L.A. Chieffan L.A. Chieffan is online now
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL
 
L.A. Chieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: American Gardens Building
Casino cash: $5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
But that would have been a monumental reach.
almost as bad as jackson at 3
Posts: 15,233
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #703
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $5259
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
Christ, this team might have been better with Josh ****ing Freeman.

And that's coming from someone who wanted NO PART of drafting him.
I would rather have Jackson than Freeman.
__________________
a bunch of offensive linemen
Posts: 29,055
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #704
L.A. Chieffan L.A. Chieffan is online now
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL
 
L.A. Chieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: American Gardens Building
Casino cash: $5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I would rather have Jackson than Freeman.
the funny thing is, if we were drafting at 17 we still would have our choice of either
Posts: 15,233
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #705
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $5365
I just don't understand how everything is so obvious but yet so hard to fix? Everybody knew how suckledge our O-line was last year yet we didn't address it in the draft we got FA Goff instead who I think Pioli thought was still going to be good at his age. We had to have a make shift O-line this whole season and I guess they have played better the last two games even though it didn't matter cuz our WRs dropped balls and our QB threw a bunch of INts. The QB gets a break dousn't matter if he sucks or not excuses excuses excuses but he is our guy. It's a bunch of should of would of or could of done to make this team better.


It's hard to say if Tyson Jackson is going to be anything at this point, kind of early in his career I hope so for this teams sake. Was he worth it at that spot I don't think so other than the need for the 34 defense but WTF.
Posts: 20,937
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.