Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 12:38 AM  
chiefbowe82 chiefbowe82 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Casino cash: $5000
our o-line should be...decent?

LT-Albert-very solid
LG-Water-solid veteran
C-Niswanger-below average
RG-Goff-solid vet...i think?
RT-McIntosh-he's ****ing horrible

niswanger and mcintosh have more experience and have atleast settled into their roles. thoughts?
Posts: 4,040
chiefbowe82 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.chiefbowe82 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
Chiefs=Good Chiefs=Good is offline
Training Camp Hero
 
Chiefs=Good's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Casino cash: $8374
I think from waters right is very suspect... but well see...
Posts: 4,594
Chiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefs=Good 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 06-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
pr_capone pr_capone is online now
** *- -- -- *
 
pr_capone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aguadilla
Casino cash: $8290
Niswanger simply cannot handle being Center in the NFL.

I would like to see Goff at C, then have Niswanger fight the scrubs for the starting RG spot.
Posts: 18,393
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
BossChief BossChief is offline
Please be better than 2004
 
BossChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: BF Iowa
Casino cash: $10451
Well, I bet 95% of posters will go research this to see if it is true, or just noob nonsense, but we had the 4th highest per carry average in the NFL! We also were far better in pass protection in the second half of the year rather than the first half...Far Far better! We gave up less sacks in the final 10 games than the first 6! Other factors figured into that, but the lines improvements figured in as much as the others.

Replacing Adrian "swinging gate" Jones with Mike Goff should allow us to run to the right without a defender meeting the runner 2 yards deep into the backfield, as often at least, and should be, at minimum, a push in pass protection.

Goff should also help Rudy and Damion because they wont be trying to do too much to compensate for Adrians lacking skills across the board.

Also, I wouldnt automatically rule out Colin Brown at right tackle. NE hit on almost every single linemen drafted while Pioli was there and the kid has a shot of surprising many if given a chance due to injury or incompetence.

Brandon Albert should benefit hugely from a full training camp and preseason (in which, he will be matched up against Jared Allen for at least a few plays) and I truly expect him to show glimpses of dominance this year. I bet he gives up 3 sacks or less all year and leads the way on many productive screens and sweeps reminding some here of, dare I say it, Willie Roaf! I truly think he will be that good, maybe not that good early on in the year, but watch out during the home stretch!

The previously mentioned predictions are only warranted if Brian Waters stays and plays like he can. He simply needs to be playing next to Albert if the kid is to reach his full potential sooner rather than later. A probowl LG is one of the most underrated players on a roster, and specifically to a young left tackle.

Rudy has taken alot of heat for his inability to play against the 3-4 defense and trouble handling bigger DTs, but he sure could get loads better practicing against it (or at least what we will call said "it") on a daily basis. He is an extremely smart linemen and is smart enough to make the line calls and is another player that will benefit alot from playing next to Waters, if he stays. I wouldnt write him off quite yet.

I just hope that Giaharic guy doesnt see the field, I have seen enough of him from my buddies love of the Bungles to know he doesnt have what it takes to be a starter for us, not even a backup imho.

We should be improved if not greatly improved!
Posts: 29,502
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #5
LaChapelle LaChapelle is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Casino cash: $5000
WTF?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kansas-City-Chiefs.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	87753  
Posts: 8,587
LaChapelle ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.LaChapelle ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $16361
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Well, I bet 95% of posters will go research this to see if it is true, or just noob nonsense, but we had the 4th highest per carry average in the NFL! We also were far better in pass protection in the second half of the year rather than the first half...Far Far better! We gave up less sacks in the final 10 games than the first 6! Other factors figured into that, but the lines improvements figured in as much as the others.

Replacing Adrian "swinging gate" Jones with Mike Goff should allow us to run to the right without a defender meeting the runner 2 yards deep into the backfield, as often at least, and should be, at minimum, a push in pass protection.

Goff should also help Rudy and Damion because they wont be trying to do too much to compensate for Adrians lacking skills across the board.

Also, I wouldnt automatically rule out Colin Brown at right tackle. NE hit on almost every single linemen drafted while Pioli was there and the kid has a shot of surprising many if given a chance due to injury or incompetence.

Brandon Albert should benefit hugely from a full training camp and preseason (in which, he will be matched up against Jared Allen for at least a few plays) and I truly expect him to show glimpses of dominance this year. I bet he gives up 3 sacks or less all year and leads the way on many productive screens and sweeps reminding some here of, dare I say it, Willie Roaf! I truly think he will be that good, maybe not that good early on in the year, but watch out during the home stretch!

The previously mentioned predictions are only warranted if Brian Waters stays and plays like he can. He simply needs to be playing next to Albert if the kid is to reach his full potential sooner rather than later. A probowl LG is one of the most underrated players on a roster, and specifically to a young left tackle.

Rudy has taken alot of heat for his inability to play against the 3-4 defense and trouble handling bigger DTs, but he sure could get loads better practicing against it (or at least what we will call said "it") on a daily basis. He is an extremely smart linemen and is smart enough to make the line calls and is another player that will benefit alot from playing next to Waters, if he stays. I wouldnt write him off quite yet.

I just hope that Giaharic guy doesnt see the field, I have seen enough of him from my buddies love of the Bungles to know he doesnt have what it takes to be a starter for us, not even a backup imho.

We should be improved if not greatly improved!
The reason we had the 4th highest per carry total is because we ran the ball so infrequently that teams were loading up against the pass. And I imagine a lot of that also has to do with Thigpen averaging 6 yards per carry.

The Chiefs repeatedly showed that they struggled to get yards when they gave a heavy dose of Larry Johnson and they had to move to the shotgun because their o-line was so poor at protecting Thigpen. Neither of these things bode well for the Chiefs. The Chiefs have a bright young star in Branden Albert and they have an overrated, but still solid guard in Waters. To the right of that is an oversized center, an over-the-hill guard, and a right tackle who will never have the leg strength to be effective there. Not a good sign. They can only hope Colin Brown turns into a solid tackle, because that's the only guy that can currently have any potential to help our o-line.
Posts: 21,546
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $16361
For that matter, does anybody know if the Chiefs have any plans for Herb Taylor? I would still rather move him to RT and have McIntosh play LT, where I think he would be a decent backup.
Posts: 21,546
chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.chiefzilla1501 threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
Micjones Micjones is offline
Whose house?
 
Micjones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $5015
People tend to go a little overboard in their assessments of Niswanger and McIntosh.

The truth is that Niswanger is a serviceable Center.
The truth is Damion McIntosh played well down the stretch at the RT spot.

I think the Offensive Line will be fairly solid.
__________________
It's like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong.
Posts: 15,285
Micjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMicjones 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
BigVE BigVE is offline
Veteran
 
BigVE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: centralKs
Casino cash: $5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micjones View Post
People tend to go a little overboard in their assessments of Niswanger and McIntosh.

The truth is that Niswanger is a serviceable Center.
The truth is Damion McIntosh played well down the stretch at the RT spot.

I think the Offensive Line will be fairly solid.


Yea, I agree I guess. Just depends on how you look at it. Left side we are above average to very good, center we are below average at best and right side we are average to below average. But, i would settle for an average O-line instead of a totally sucky line I guess.
__________________
Meh.
Posts: 4,822
BigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBigVE is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
 
Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
boogblaster boogblaster is offline
MVP
 
boogblaster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Verdigris Valley Campsite
Casino cash: $5000
I think our O-line is just average or below .. we need O-line help ...
__________________
** WR or S please**
Posts: 10,307
boogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliboogblaster 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
gblowfish gblowfish is offline
Be Kind To Your Pets
 
gblowfish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Glorious Independence, MO
Casino cash: $10019231
VARSITY
This line still sucks. Waters and Fat Albert are the only solid starting caliber players in that lineup. Goff and Sackintosh are cast offs from San Diego. Nice Schwanger is a reserve at best. Cassel goes down with Croyle's disease by game four.

Our line knocked out 2 QBs last year. No real improvement this year. Thigpen, get ready to run around like Daffy Duck again this year....

Last edited by gblowfish; 06-18-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Posts: 28,393
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
Rooster Rooster is offline
Draft a QB
 
Rooster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wichita, KS
Casino cash: $7352
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
For that matter, does anybody know if the Chiefs have any plans for Herb Taylor? I would still rather move him to RT and have McIntosh play LT, where I think he would be a decent backup.
I thought Herb Taylor held in own when given the chance.
__________________
When Reno Hightower was a prick he was the best damn quarterback in the history of Kern County.

Posts: 4,894
Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.Rooster would the whole thing.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #13
Mr. Krab Mr. Krab is offline
Big Red Nuts
 
Mr. Krab's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micjones View Post
People tend to go a little overboard in their assessments of Niswanger and McIntosh.

The truth is that Niswanger is a serviceable Center.
The truth is Damion McIntosh played well down the stretch at the RT spot.

I think the Offensive Line will be fairly solid.
Niswanger can't get much, if any, push up front. He's a pretty big guy too.

Waters hasn't been anything to write home about either the last few years.
Posts: 3,512
Mr. Krab is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mr. Krab is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mr. Krab is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mr. Krab is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mr. Krab is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mr. Krab is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $17220
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
This line still sucks. Waters and Fat Albert are the only solid starting caliber players in that lineup. Goff and Sackintosh are cast offs from San Diego. Nice Schwanger is a reserve at best. Cassell goes down with Croyle's disease by game four.

Our line knocked out 2 QBs last year. No real improvement this year. Thiggy, get ready to run around like Daffy Duck again this year....
Cassel is pretty mobile too. Id say top 5 starting qbs in terms of mobility.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 40,902
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 06-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #15
BarrySPAMAID BarrySPAMAID is offline
Barryspamaid.com
 
BarrySPAMAID's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: St.Peters, MO
Casino cash: $5000
I think this offensive line is going to look pretty good this year. I dont even want to say decent, because I think they will be a much improved unit. Take McCrapinmyshorts for example. He played pretty well in the second half IF anything last year, and a player like could very benefit from having a coach like Todd Haley who will trim the weight off of him. I personally would like to see Herm Taylor emerge as the new RT, but I think McDonaldtosh will be fine, IF he passes the test when he arrives at camp with a double cheese burger in his hand. I think Rudy is going to be much better this year, and Mike GOFF is the biggest signing we have had this entire offseason as far as I'm concerned. He helps at RG in MASSIVE proportion. Plus I'm sure he has a little chip on his shoulder for when we play the sparklers.

This line, along with Cassels mobility, should be pretty ok this season~!
__________________
Posts: 436
BarrySPAMAID < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BarrySPAMAID < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BarrySPAMAID < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BarrySPAMAID < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BarrySPAMAID < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BarrySPAMAID < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.BarrySPAMAID < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.