Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 09:38 AM  
Ebolapox Ebolapox is offline
remember, remember
 
Ebolapox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Casino cash: $6072
***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread***

Very few non-bronco fans can tolerate him. he creates inane threads that are homeristic in nature (his avatar is very apropos), and nobody loves him (not even his own mother)

'face, this can be the home for all knowmo threads so we aren't treated to the bi-weekly steaming 'presents' left by the front door.
Posts: 25,540
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
 
Old 09-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #166
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
SB or Bust
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $5350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
Let's see those stats during the Donkeys week 7 bye week after playing Dallas, NE and at San Diego. Being labeled a great defense after playing a Bengals team that forgot how to throw the football and the Browns(possibly the most inept offensive team in the league) is pretty comical stuff.
The bye week is the ideal time for me to review things...
__________________

Posts: 19,664
Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #167
CoMoChief CoMoChief is offline
The Revolution Has Begun
 
CoMoChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $6442
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 View Post
Denver's defense is...


1st in the NFL in PPG
3rd in the NFL in YPG
4th in the NFL in Yards per play
2nd in the NFL in first downs allowed
2nd in the NFL in 3rd down defense
3rd in the NFL in sacks
5th in the NFL in INT's
5th in the NFL in fumble recoveries

Its week 2.
Posts: 30,783
CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.CoMoChief threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 09-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #168
Von Dumbass Von Dumbass is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Its week 2.
Our defense is also 6th in the NFL in yards per rush, giving up a stingy 2.9 yards per carry.

Last edited by Von Dumbass; 09-21-2009 at 01:31 PM..
Posts: 10,481
Von Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < Cassel
 
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #169
Von Dumbass Von Dumbass is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Elvis Dumervil named AFC West Player of the Week

You can't get four sacks and not be the player of the week.

So, we bestow the Week 2 AFC West player of week award to Denver’s Elvis Dumervil. He led Denver’s 27-6 win over Cleveland on Sunday with four sacks.

The Broncos were excited about the prospect of Dumervil playing in the new 3-4 defense employed by defensive coordinator Mike Nolan. Duemervil was moved from defensive end to linebacker, but his main job remained the same: rush the quarterback.

And he’s done a fabulous job of it so far. His four-sack performance against Cleveland was spectacular. If Denver’s defensive resurgence is going to continue, the Broncos will need more dominant efforts from Dumervil.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest
Elvis is a PERFECT fit at OLB in the 3-4.
Posts: 10,481
Von Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < Cassel
 
Old 09-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #170
Quiet Storm Quiet Storm is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Casino cash: $5000
after 2 weeks, your doing this much boasting?

That is exactly what is wrong with donk fans. They are so caught up in the moment. They started 3-0 last year, their coach guaranteed playoffs and look what happened. This team has lesser talent so the collapse is inevitable.

I guarantee you it will happen.
Posts: 301
Quiet Storm is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Quiet Storm is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
 
Old 09-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #171
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
SB or Bust
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $5350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
after 2 weeks, your doing this much boasting?

That is exactly what is wrong with donk fans. They are so caught up in the moment. They started 3-0 last year, their coach guaranteed playoffs and look what happened. This team has lesser talent so the collapse is inevitable.

I guarantee you it will happen.
Enh, you have overly excitable fans with every team...
__________________

Posts: 19,664
Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #172
Von Dumbass Von Dumbass is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
after 2 weeks, your doing this much boasting?

That is exactly what is wrong with donk fans. They are so caught up in the moment. They started 3-0 last year, their coach guaranteed playoffs and look what happened. This team has lesser talent so the collapse is inevitable.

I guarantee you it will happen.
Last year was different. The Browns put up over 30 points on our defense last year... This year they put up 6. If Denver gets a 3 game division lead with 3 games to go we will not lose the division AGAIN. Last years team had no heart.
Posts: 10,481
Von Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < Cassel
 
Old 09-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #173
Von Dumbass Von Dumbass is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Kyle Orton: Better than advertised

The Denver Broncos offense and Kyle Orton have been much-maligned through two weeks of the season, but some interesting stats suggest things aren’t quite so bad. Consider:
  • Orton is the only quarterback in the NFL with at least 50 attempts and no interceptions.
  • In fact, the Broncos offense is the only unit in the league yet to commit a turnover.
  • Thinking Orton is the master of the dink-and-dunk? Think again. Orton ranks second in the NFL in 25+ yard completions (ahead of scoreboard blazer Drew Brees and division rival Philip Rivers).
  • As we pointed out in the DL, Orton’s Week 2 performance puts him 6th in DYAR, a better measurement of the value of each throw based on down and distance.
  • Broncos offense ranks 8th in the league in yards. If Matt Prater doesn’t miss two windy field goals Sunday, the scoring offense ranks 11th.
  • Kyle Orton ranks first among NFL QBs in the fourth quarter with a near-perfect 152.1 passer rating (8-of-10, 215 yds., 1 TD, 0 INT)
Are things perfect? Of course not — scoring 19 points in seven quarters of football certainly indicates there are problems. But the offense doesn’t quite reflect the gloomy picture some fans are painting.

Need more convincing? Enjoy these fantastic Week 2 highlights, after the jump.

After scheduling this post, YouTube took down the audio for this clip for copyright infringement. I’ll wait a bit for the irony to sink in.

http://broncotalk.net/2009/09/9585/b...an-advertised/
Posts: 10,481
Von Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < Cassel
 
Old 09-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #174
ArrowheadHawk ArrowheadHawk is offline
Bringing the Pain!
 
ArrowheadHawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Casino cash: $5822
.

.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	This_thread_sucks.gif
Views:	140
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	89205  
__________________
Posts: 15,121
ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 09-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #175
Von Dumbass Von Dumbass is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $5000
Broncos believe they have a special coach


After a controversial offseason, Josh McDaniels has the Broncos players buying into his program in Denver.

OAKLAND -- Vonnie Holliday had heard the stories about the Denver Broncos under young head coach Josh McDaniels when he was deciding whether to join the team a week before the start of the season.

McDaniels had almost attained villain status in Denver. He ran a Pro Bowl quarterback out of town. He fought with a Pro Bowl receiver. He traded a first-round pick in next year’s draft. He relied on his New England Patriots roots more than anything else as he built his roster. He didn’t add any recognizable names to his defensive front.

The Broncos, after 14 years of mostly good times in the Mike Shanahan era, were being questioned nationally. There were whispers about whether the kid from Canton, Ohio, would go one and done in Denver. There was arguably no coach in the history of the NFL who faced more scrutiny before walking the sideline for the first time than McDaniels.

“I heard all of that,” Holliday said Sunday. “But when I was talking to some coaches on this staff, guys who were much older and much more experienced than Coach McDaniels, they said, ‘Don’t listen.’ They said some good things were happening here. They said Coach McDaniels was special ... it didn’t take me long to realize they were right. There’s something about Josh McDaniels.”

Three games into McDaniels' NFL head-coaching career, and it’s difficult to argue with Holliday. There is something about McDaniels.

His Broncos dismantled the Oakland Raiders on the road in a 23-3 victory Sunday. They dominated every phase of the game as they raised their record to 3-0 against the shell-shocked Raiders.

If there's an early favorite for the surprise team of 2009, it has to be Denver, and McDaniels has to be considered an early candidate NFL coach of the year.

Of course, it has been only three games and Denver is now entering a brutal 10-game stretch: Dallas, New England, at San Diego, at Baltimore, Pittsburgh, at Washington, San Diego, the New York Giants, at Kansas City and at Indianapolis. Sure, the Redskins and the Chiefs don’t look like killers, but this a meaty schedule.

“Nothing gets better than 3-0. But we also know that we are very humble and we have got to understand that it’s a long way to go and a lot of things to improve on,” McDaniels said. “But we are happy to be 3-0.”

We’ll find out much more about Denver in the coming weeks. But what we know now is the Broncos are undefeated and look much better than they were expected to be. Quarterback Kyle Orton, acquired in the controversial Jay Cutler trade, is not terrific, but he is efficient and Denver is running the ball well.

Defensively, Denver is much improved from the past couple of seasons. The Broncos have allowed an NFL-low 16 points and one touchdown this season. They have created eight turnovers, five less than all of last season.

In addition to McDaniels’ impact on his new team, many around the league have wondered if New England’s unsteady offensive start has anything to do with playing without McDaniels, whose offense set records.

McDaniels said he does not feel vindicated after being questioned about his decisions during his first offseason.

“The people that we care about and their opinions are the ones in our building," he said. "We know what we are doing. We feel comfortable and confident in our players, with who we drafted and what we’ve done. I’ve never wavered from it for one minute and we aren’t now.”

So far, the Broncos couldn’t be happier with the decision to fire Shanahan and replace him with McDaniels, who turned 33 in April. Shanahan was fired because his message got stale. The Broncos hired McDaniels because they thought he’d bring energy and much-needed youthful zeal.

McDaniels is a guy who does television shows in jeans and Birkenstocks. He laughs with team employees in the building and he twirls his whistle in practice. When Holliday first visited the Broncos, he saw a young man sitting at a desk, wearing a sweatshirt and a hat pulled low to his eyes with his feet kicked up. He said he had no idea it was the coach.

“From our first meeting I knew [Denver owner Pat] Bowlen made the right decision,” Denver receiver Brandon Stokley said. “We’re lucky we have him. We’ve all bought into his plan.”


Several Denver veterans said what sticks out most about McDaniels is his belief that the Broncos are going to win every game. He oozes confidence. When I met with McDaniels in August, he made a point of saying he has never been part of a team that was even .500, dating back to his CYA basketball team when he was 9. He said he has always been a winner and has no plans of ever being a loser.

“He’s all about the details,” Holliday said. “He breaks down every potential game situation. He knows our upcoming opponent so well ... Take age out of this thing. He’s got football knowledge that goes way beyond his years. I really think something special is happening here.”

It’s early, but after three games it’s difficult to quarrel with what McDaniels has done in Denver.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-special-coach

BEST OFFSEASON EVER!
Posts: 10,481
Von Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < Cassel
 
Old 09-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #176
Von Dumbass Von Dumbass is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Time to hop on the Broncos’ bandwagon?
They’re winning with defense, Orton and a run game. Matt Bowen

After the offseason the Denver Broncos had — including their training camp saga with WR Brandon Marshall — could anyone have predicted that this team would be sitting alone atop the AFC West at 3-0?

Broncos fans? I would hope so, but for the rest of the experts, fans and avid followers of the NFL, a 3-0 start was the last thing we expected from coach Josh McDaniels and his team.

But that’s where we’re at today, and now I’m wondering if it’s time to jump on this Broncos bandwagon — because I see this team going places.

How are they doing it? Let’s take a look at the Broncos after three weeks.

Defense

Without a doubt, the Broncos’ defense was the biggest question mark heading into September. They lacked playmakers, they couldn’t get to the quarterback, and McDaniels’ offense would have to outscore teams to win.

Not so fast, folks. The Broncos rank first in points allowed (5.3) and total yards allowed per game (214.7). Add in the fact that the front seven is giving up just over 78 yards per game on the ground, and maybe it’s defensive coordinator Mike Nolan who should be getting some more publicity.

This unit has given up 11 third down conversions out of 39 attempts and has 10 sacks in its first three games. In the back end, Brian Dawkins is playing solid football, Champ Bailey is healthy, and the Broncos as a team are plus-6 in turnover ratio.

The stats don’t lie. That’s winning football.

Kyle Orton


Orton wasn’t a good fit for Ron Turner’s offense in Chicago, but in Denver, he doesn’t take long drops, he gets the ball out of his hands quickly, and to be honest, he’s the ideal quarterback to run this scheme. Plus, he’s only been sacked three times.

Through three weeks, Orton has a QB rating of 91.2, and although he is isn’t lighting it up in terms of TD passes (three total), he has yet to thrown an interception — and that statistic is more important when you’re trying to win games. He has spread the ball around to nine different receivers, and with Brandon Marshall starting to work his way back into the lineup, expect Orton’s numbers to increase.

That trade doesn’t look too bad right now, does it?

The running game

McDaniels’ scheme is often misinterpreted as a pro version of the Texas Tech run-and-gun, but the difference is McDaniels’ ability to incorporate the running game. And right now, the Broncos are producing out of the backfield.

As a team, Denver is ranked fourth overall in the league in rushing yards, averaging over 158 yard a game. Knowshon Moreno is going to continue to develop over the course of the next month, but what about some love for Correll Buckhalter? The guy is averaging 7.4 yards a carry. Plus, the Broncos also have LaMont Jordan in the mix.

Sound familiar? Well, it should because it’s the exact same way New England won Sunday at home against the Falcons -- a committee of backs and fresh legs in the game at all times.

Josh McDaniels



Josh McDaniels is silencing his critics with a 3-0 start in Denver.

Why McDaniels? Because somehow, some way, he has held this team together despite an offseason and a summer that was atrocious from a PR standpoint. McDaniels became the punching bag for every joke and every satire column about the NFL.

But he weathered the storm and has kept his focus on the team. Marshall got no special treatment when he started his own circus in training camp, and despite the constant beating McDaniels takes from the media, he’s doing the right things inside those meeting rooms, on the practice field and in the way he has this team prepared to play on Sundays.

Give him the credit. He deserves it.

Can the Broncos keep it going?

Sure they can. I fully understand that the early season schedule has been favorable for the Broncos, but looking ahead, they still have two games against Kansas City, one more at home versus the Raiders (three games they should win) and two big games against Philip Rivers and the Chargers.

Without a doubt, the schedule will become more competitive, but after three weeks the Broncos are doing what it takes to win — and that’s what matters on Sunday nights.

Are you on the bandwagon yet? I am.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...bandwagon.html

Pretty soon Mile High Mania will be on the Broncos bandwagon!
Posts: 10,481
Von Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < Cassel
 
Old 09-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #177
Bane Bane is offline
C.H.I.E.F.S
 
Bane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: **** your face
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 View Post
Broncos believe they have a special coach


After a controversial offseason, Josh McDaniels has the Broncos players buying into his program in Denver.

OAKLAND -- Vonnie Holliday had heard the stories about the Denver Broncos under young head coach Josh McDaniels when he was deciding whether to join the team a week before the start of the season.

McDaniels had almost attained villain status in Denver. He ran a Pro Bowl quarterback out of town. He fought with a Pro Bowl receiver. He traded a first-round pick in next year’s draft. He relied on his New England Patriots roots more than anything else as he built his roster. He didn’t add any recognizable names to his defensive front.

The Broncos, after 14 years of mostly good times in the Mike Shanahan era, were being questioned nationally. There were whispers about whether the kid from Canton, Ohio, would go one and done in Denver. There was arguably no coach in the history of the NFL who faced more scrutiny before walking the sideline for the first time than McDaniels.

“I heard all of that,” Holliday said Sunday. “But when I was talking to some coaches on this staff, guys who were much older and much more experienced than Coach McDaniels, they said, ‘Don’t listen.’ They said some good things were happening here. They said Coach McDaniels was special ... it didn’t take me long to realize they were right. There’s something about Josh McDaniels.”

Three games into McDaniels' NFL head-coaching career, and it’s difficult to argue with Holliday. There is something about McDaniels.

His Broncos dismantled the Oakland Raiders on the road in a 23-3 victory Sunday. They dominated every phase of the game as they raised their record to 3-0 against the shell-shocked Raiders.

If there's an early favorite for the surprise team of 2009, it has to be Denver, and McDaniels has to be considered an early candidate NFL coach of the year.

Of course, it has been only three games and Denver is now entering a brutal 10-game stretch: Dallas, New England, at San Diego, at Baltimore, Pittsburgh, at Washington, San Diego, the New York Giants, at Kansas City and at Indianapolis. Sure, the Redskins and the Chiefs don’t look like killers, but this a meaty schedule.

“Nothing gets better than 3-0. But we also know that we are very humble and we have got to understand that it’s a long way to go and a lot of things to improve on,” McDaniels said. “But we are happy to be 3-0.”

We’ll find out much more about Denver in the coming weeks. But what we know now is the Broncos are undefeated and look much better than they were expected to be. Quarterback Kyle Orton, acquired in the controversial Jay Cutler trade, is not terrific, but he is efficient and Denver is running the ball well.

Defensively, Denver is much improved from the past couple of seasons. The Broncos have allowed an NFL-low 16 points and one touchdown this season. They have created eight turnovers, five less than all of last season.

In addition to McDaniels’ impact on his new team, many around the league have wondered if New England’s unsteady offensive start has anything to do with playing without McDaniels, whose offense set records.

McDaniels said he does not feel vindicated after being questioned about his decisions during his first offseason.

“The people that we care about and their opinions are the ones in our building," he said. "We know what we are doing. We feel comfortable and confident in our players, with who we drafted and what we’ve done. I’ve never wavered from it for one minute and we aren’t now.”

So far, the Broncos couldn’t be happier with the decision to fire Shanahan and replace him with McDaniels, who turned 33 in April. Shanahan was fired because his message got stale. The Broncos hired McDaniels because they thought he’d bring energy and much-needed youthful zeal.

McDaniels is a guy who does television shows in jeans and Birkenstocks. He laughs with team employees in the building and he twirls his whistle in practice. When Holliday first visited the Broncos, he saw a young man sitting at a desk, wearing a sweatshirt and a hat pulled low to his eyes with his feet kicked up. He said he had no idea it was the coach.

“From our first meeting I knew [Denver owner Pat] Bowlen made the right decision,” Denver receiver Brandon Stokley said. “We’re lucky we have him. We’ve all bought into his plan.”


Several Denver veterans said what sticks out most about McDaniels is his belief that the Broncos are going to win every game. He oozes confidence. When I met with McDaniels in August, he made a point of saying he has never been part of a team that was even .500, dating back to his CYA basketball team when he was 9. He said he has always been a winner and has no plans of ever being a loser.

“He’s all about the details,” Holliday said. “He breaks down every potential game situation. He knows our upcoming opponent so well ... Take age out of this thing. He’s got football knowledge that goes way beyond his years. I really think something special is happening here.”

It’s early, but after three games it’s difficult to quarrel with what McDaniels has done in Denver.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-special-coach

BEST OFFSEASON EVER!

Oh yeah he's very special alright.
Posts: 12,616
Bane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBane 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
 
Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #178
bowener bowener is offline
Pioli is gone, which is nice.
 
bowener's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $5480
Quote:
Originally Posted by H5N1 View Post
Very few non-bronco fans can tolerate him. he creates inane threads that are homeristic in nature (his avatar is very apropos), and nobody loves him (not even his own mother)

'face, this can be the home for all knowmo threads so we aren't treated to the bi-weekly steaming 'presents' left by the front door.
Those were gifts god dammit! Gifts for all of us! He is like a ****ing cat.
__________________
Main Entry: bowe·ner
Pronunciation: \ˈbō-nər\
Function: noun
Date: circa 2007

Posts: 7,089
bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.
 
Old 09-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #179
Mile High Mania Mile High Mania is offline
SB or Bust
 
Mile High Mania's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tejas
Casino cash: $5350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Those were gifts god dammit! Gifts for all of us! He is like a ****ing cat.

"The painting was a gift, Todd..."

__________________

Posts: 19,664
Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mile High Mania Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #180
Von Dumbass Von Dumbass is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $5000
Some random stats

Opp records of 7 undefeated teams: 1. N.O. (4-5), 2. Denver (3-6), NYJ (3-6), NYG (3-6), Min. (3-6), 6. Bal. (2-7), Ind. (2-7)


Orton just 4th quarterback since 1960 to win 1st 3 starts for a team while throwing at least 1 TD and no INTs in each game.
Posts: 10,481
Von Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < CasselVon Dumbass < Cassel
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.