Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 AM  
Douche Baggins Douche Baggins is offline
welp
 
Douche Baggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10225805
PFF talks Chiefs O-line

This is also an excellent article explaining some of their grading process.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-april-2-2012/

You guys have talked a lot about Barry Richardson dragging down the quality of the Chiefs’ line. Now that they’ve added Eric Winston, how do you think their line grades out compared to the rest of the league? – Matt Conner


Ben Stockwell: The addition of Winston immediately makes the Chiefs one of the best offensive lines in the league. In terms of an offensive line ranking, Winston not only upgrades a line that we ranked 16th in the 2011 season, it plugs their biggest weakness and also takes away one of the best players from our fifth-ranked offensive line from last season. It doesn’t solve all of their problems, but any time that you can replace arguably the worst right tackle in the league with arguably the best, well you can’t really make a bigger jump than that.

You can only really imagine where the Chiefs might be if they hadn’t made the hasty decision of cutting Jared Gaither during the middle of the year. A line of Gaither at left tackle, Winston at right tackle and shifting Branden Albert inside to his collegiate position of guard would be a fearsome group for the Chiefs’ backfield duo of Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis to run behind. As it is, they don’t have Gaither anymore, but they’re not exactly short changed.

The biggest obstacle for the Chiefs to improve in 2012 will be getting more from there interior offensive line as run blockers. Winston really helps them on the edge–not only in upgrading their pass protection, but also helping them spring more runs off-tackle–but Jon Asamoah and Ryan Lilja really need to up their game as interior run blockers. It’s just about all this line is missing now that they have made that big leap at right tackle.
Posts: 162,975
Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
ChiefMojo ChiefMojo is offline
Happy, Happy, Happy!!!
 
ChiefMojo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $26389
This is where drafting someone like OG David DeCastro at #11 make the Chiefs have arguably the best OL in all of football (or at least on their way to having the best once were a little more seasoned).
Posts: 2,273
ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
Blick Blick is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $16946
It seems like center has been the forgotten position so far this off-season. We've heard a lot more about how we need to upgrade at nose, inside LB, and safety, but I think center is right up there in terms of importance.

I like Hudson, but he's unproven, and his natural position is guard.

I'd like to see the Chiefs get a true center at some point in the draft and have Hudson take Lilja's spot.
Posts: 1,004
Blick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
ChiefMojo ChiefMojo is offline
Happy, Happy, Happy!!!
 
ChiefMojo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $26389
Still would much rather just keep Hudson at center and just get a vet to back him up if he isn't ready.
Posts: 2,273
ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ChiefMojo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
prhom prhom is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver
Casino cash: $37282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick View Post
It seems like center has been the forgotten position so far this off-season. We've heard a lot more about how we need to upgrade at nose, inside LB, and safety, but I think center is right up there in terms of importance.

I like Hudson, but he's unproven, and his natural position is guard.

I'd like to see the Chiefs get a true center at some point in the draft and have Hudson take Lilja's spot.
The guys on NFL network over the weekend were talking about DeCastro and mentioned that he did some drills as a center on his pro day. This article also lauds his flexibility and even talent playing as not only a guard but a center too.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2012...-stanford.html

I think this makes DeCastro an even better pick at #11. We get a guy who can be great at guard, or if Hudson can't hack it at center or gets injured, step in and play center at the same level. Drafting a great player who gives you flexibility and a contingency plan on o line is a no-brainier. Unless Richardson somehow makes it to us or we get a ridiculous offer to trade down I think he's our pick.
__________________
The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money.
-Margaret Thatcher
Posts: 1,297
prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.prhom must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
In the misty morning...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on the edge of time...
Casino cash: $1077395
If this line would suddenly become a shadow of that 2003-2005 team, is that good enough to win even WITH Cassel? And yes, that's a sincere question.
__________________
Don't live for pleasure, make life your treasure...
\m/ Ronnie James Dio, 1942-2010 \m/
Posts: 58,025
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
Blick Blick is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $16946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMojo View Post
Still would much rather just keep Hudson at center and just get a vet to back him up if he isn't ready.
Which vet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhom View Post
The guys on NFL network over the weekend were talking about DeCastro and mentioned that he did some drills as a center on his pro day. This article also lauds his flexibility and even talent playing as not only a guard but a center too.

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2012...-stanford.html

I think this makes DeCastro an even better pick at #11. We get a guy who can be great at guard, or if Hudson can't hack it at center or gets injured, step in and play center at the same level. Drafting a great player who gives you flexibility and a contingency plan on o line is a no-brainier. Unless Richardson somehow makes it to us or we get a ridiculous offer to trade down I think he's our pick.
I like versatility, but for some reason, I don't like guards moving to center. I like natural centers. The center-QB exchange is not something I like putting in the hands of an inexperienced guy.
Posts: 1,004
Blick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
Blick Blick is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $16946
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
If this line would suddenly become a shadow of that 2003-2005 team, is that good enough to win even WITH Cassel? And yes, that's a sincere question.
Win what? The division? One playoff game? A Superbowl?

I think Cassel, with the talent around him, can play like Trent Green. Green's QB ratings from 2002-2005 are 92.6, 92.6, 95.2, and 90.1. Cassel's QB rating in 2010 was 93.

It would be interesting to see how far QB play like that could take us with the defense that we have now.
Posts: 1,004
Blick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBlick is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
tyton75 tyton75 is offline
Veteran
 
tyton75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: KC North
Casino cash: $39068
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
If this line would suddenly become a shadow of that 2003-2005 team, is that good enough to win even WITH Cassel? And yes, that's a sincere question.
If we get that type of line coupled with a staunch NT on the other side to shore up the D-Line; I think we could contend for it.
__________________
Posts: 3,020
tyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttyton75 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #10
LOCOChief LOCOChief is offline
True Chiefs Fan
 
LOCOChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bull Bay
Casino cash: $549246
Hudson will be a big improvement over wiegmann. Just because he played primarily gaurd in college doesn't mean that's his natural position.
Posts: 3,076
LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.LOCOChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #11
Douche Baggins Douche Baggins is offline
welp
 
Douche Baggins's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10225805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick View Post

I think Cassel, with the talent around him, can play like Trent Green. Green's QB ratings from 2002-2005 are 92.6, 92.6, 95.2, and 90.1. Cassel's QB rating in 2010 was 93. .


Now compare their completion percentages and yards per attempt.

Not remotely the same QB.

Green was a top 10 QB during his time here. Cassel is about the 20th best QB in the league. Maybe a few spots worse.
Posts: 162,975
Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.Douche Baggins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #12
htismaqe htismaqe is offline
In the misty morning...
 
htismaqe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: on the edge of time...
Casino cash: $1077395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanic Goat View Post


Now compare their completion percentages and yards per attempt.

Not remotely the same QB.

Green was a top 10 QB during his time here. Cassel is about the 20th best QB in the league. Maybe a few spots worse.
But can we win a playoff game?
__________________
Don't live for pleasure, make life your treasure...
\m/ Ronnie James Dio, 1942-2010 \m/
Posts: 58,025
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #13
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $168800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanic Goat View Post
You can only really imagine where the Chiefs might be if they hadn’t made the hasty decision of cutting Jared Gaither during the middle of the year. A line of Gaither at left tackle, Winston at right tackle and shifting Branden Albert inside to his collegiate position of guard would be a fearsome group for the Chiefs’ backfield duo of Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis to run behind. As it is, they don’t have Gaither anymore, but they’re not exactly short changed.
Thanks Haley!
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 47,723
Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Deberg_1990 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #14
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $2223677
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
If this line would suddenly become a shadow of that 2003-2005 team, is that good enough to win even WITH Cassel? And yes, that's a sincere question.
I think so. If Cassel could have 7 seconds to throw he could hurt you. Of course almost any QB would be HOF bound with that much time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 22,576
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $2223677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Thanks Haley!
Meh Baltimore cut him too. There's more there than what we saw.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 22,576
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.