Home Mail MemberMap Chat (27) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 PM  
dirk digler dirk digler is offline
Please squeeze
 
dirk digler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Clinton, MO
Casino cash: $10320
New Apple Tablet

Cool stuff. On Engadget live right now

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/l...est&refresh=30

Posts: 48,869
dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.dirk digler has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #1846
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
as I just pointed out there are far too many sites with neither HTML5 nor an app.
Of the top 100? That's what this focused on.

I'm looking at the top 100 sites right now (http://www.alexa.com/topsites)

Most of them are google, or have an app (like eBay, amazon, ESPN -- although, you can stream videos from ESPN and NFL.com both). Of the ones that aren't, things like torrent sites, I wouldn't need to access them on a mobile device, anyway, because I'm not going to be torrenting from my iPad.

If you're talking 90% of ALL websites, then yeah, it's nowhere near that. Never said it would be, though.

Quote:
The crux of this argument is simple.. you and others said Flash was dying.. I agreed.. I said it would take a VERY long time.. you and others told me I was wrong... the only timetable I see that YOU put out there was Q2 (which was 12 months away at that point) I said 18-24 months. I've got about 6 more months before I will be wrong on HTML5 adoption as well!
Again, show me EXACTLY where I said that Flash would be dead in Q2 of this year. I never said that, so stop asserting that I did. Either post it up, or drop it (which means dropping it, because I never said it).
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #1847
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Here are some sites to illustrate my point...
Let's see...
nbc.com (need an app) ---- FALSE. I'm watching video from nbc.com right now on my iPhone.
xhamster.com (PORN!) ----- FALSE. They have a mobile version.
mint.com (not even an app) ----- FALSE. Go to the page on iOS and I'm greeted with "Get the free app."
megavideo (nada) ----- You're one for four, kinda. The VideoBrowser app lets you view megavideo videos on the iPhone without Flash. Interestingly enough, the Android apps all tout that you don't need flash on Android to use this app, either.
fox.com (I think they have an app) ----- Requires to view video clips, but they have an app

Quote:
Yes quite a few others got on board with HTML5... but here we are 18 months later and some BIG BOYS have not.
I think you just don't know what you can and cannot access with iOS, as proven by your above list. Even when you get to cherry-pick your examples, some of them are flat-out wrong, and others offer an easy alternative.
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #1848
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Let's see...
nbc.com (need an app) ---- FALSE. I'm watching video from nbc.com right now on my iPhone.
xhamster.com (PORN!) ----- FALSE. They have a mobile version.
mint.com (not even an app) ----- FALSE. Go to the page on iOS and I'm greeted with "Get the free app."
megavideo (nada) ----- You're one for four, kinda. The VideoBrowser app lets you view megavideo videos on the iPhone without Flash. Interestingly enough, the Android apps all tout that you don't need flash on Android to use this app, either.
fox.com (I think they have an app) ----- Requires to view video clips, but they have an app



I think you just don't know what you can and cannot access with iOS, as proven by your above list. Even when you get to cherry-pick your examples, some of them are flat-out wrong, and others offer an easy alternative.
Those were based on a search I did that had Jan 1 thru July 1 (since you were predicting a Q2 widespread adoption of HTML5) so Mint must have just gotten an app and xhamster and nbc had people bitching about not being able to use them on ipad so those two must have changed since then as well...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Of the top 100? That's what this focused on.

I'm looking at the top 100 sites right now (http://www.alexa.com/topsites)

Most of them are google, or have an app (like eBay, amazon, ESPN -- although, you can stream videos from ESPN and NFL.com both). Of the ones that aren't, things like torrent sites, I wouldn't need to access them on a mobile device, anyway, because I'm not going to be torrenting from my iPad.

If you're talking 90% of ALL websites, then yeah, it's nowhere near that. Never said it would be, though.



Again, show me EXACTLY where I said that Flash would be dead in Q2 of this year. I never said that, so stop asserting that I did. Either post it up, or drop it (which means dropping it, because I never said it).

Ok, first off .. Alexa is a crap ranking for top sites.. there methodology is awful.

And since you brought up Google.. that is a perfect example... Google Docs, Voice and a number of other things I use daily through Google... do not work worth a shit on an iPad.

I am not saying you said Flash would go away .. you said that HTML5 adoption would make it a non-issue by Q2.. THAT is where you were dead wrong. That said.. there were others (Irishjayhawk) who made more aggressive claims. Either way.. I was clear that it would take 18 months and here we are 18 months later.
Posts: 15,091
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #1849
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10390
This post speaks for itself... April 7th 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
...and like I said, in a few months, that won't be a big deal. You can just happily click the link and watch HTML5 video. In the meantime, you can just get an app. Is it the best solution? No. But it's hardly the "OMGWTF I MUST KILL MYSELF BECAUSE THIS IS SO ****ING HARD" process you're making it out to be.
Posts: 15,091
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #1850
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Those were based on a search I did that had Jan 1 thru July 1 (since you were predicting a Q2 widespread adoption of HTML5) so Mint must have just gotten an app and xhamster and nbc had people bitching about not being able to use them on ipad so those two must have changed since then as well...
Even still, you had the Hulu app available during that time period for NBC shows.

Mint, I don't know. Is that even a top 100 site?

xhamster is, I know, but it isn't as if there are no other porn sites out there, especially iOS compatible ones. They're a dime a dozen.

Quote:
Ok, first off .. Alexa is a crap ranking for top sites.. there methodology is awful.
What's better? I really don't know.

And in any case, there can't be THAT much of a difference between that list and others. Apps and mobile versions abound.

Quote:
And since you brought up Google.. that is a perfect example... Google Docs, Voice and a number of other things I use daily through Google... do not work worth a shit on an iPad.
This is ****ing ridiculously incorrect. I take notes for my glasses on Google docs on my iPad. It works VERY well, especially after they optimized it for mobile devices. It worked fine before, though. The spreadsheet was a little slow before, but works fine now.

Quote:
I am not saying you said Flash would go away .. you said that HTML5 adoption would make it a non-issue by Q2.. THAT is where you were dead wrong.
It IS a non-issue for the top 100 sites (and beyond), due to mobile versions and apps. How is that dead wrong? Show me some kind of concrete proof.
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #1851
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
This post speaks for itself... April 7th 2010
Yeah, because it happened like that. Most of the top sites have a mobile version, and those that don't mostly have apps available and have had for quite some time.
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #1852
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Even still, you had the Hulu app available during that time period for NBC shows.

Mint, I don't know. Is that even a top 100 site?

xhamster is, I know, but it isn't as if there are no other porn sites out there, especially iOS compatible ones. They're a dime a dozen.



What's better? I really don't know.

And in any case, there can't be THAT much of a difference between that list and others. Apps and mobile versions abound.



This is ****ing ridiculously incorrect. I take notes for my glasses on Google docs on my iPad. It works VERY well, especially after they optimized it for mobile devices. It worked fine before, though. The spreadsheet was a little slow before, but works fine now.



It IS a non-issue for the top 100 sites (and beyond), due to mobile versions and apps. How is that dead wrong? Show me some kind of concrete proof.
better then Alexa? I honestly don't know either. I'll be honest I haven't tested Google Docs on an iPad in the last 6 months but last time I tried it was GARBAGE Pretty sure THAT didn't hit your Q2 time frame... but I'm glad to hear it's better now.. is it fully functional(can you do drawings and presentations?)
? What about Voice? Analytics?

mobile versions I will let you count.. but you can't count APPS.. it is clear from your posts that you thought HTML5 would make downloading apps unnecessary... so nice try but no dice.

That means I get NBC.COM and FOX.COM as examples.. if google isn't fully functional I am counting it as well... I'm tempted to count YouTube since an iPad can only view SOME of the videos. They are moving to HTML5 but they are currently a hodgepodge of h.264 and WebM

So I need 6 more? Pretty sure there are 6 more I can find if I bother to look.
Posts: 15,091
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #1853
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Yeah, because it happened like that. Most of the top sites have a mobile version, and those that don't mostly have apps available and have had for quite some time.
Except your post says I won't HAVE TO download an app.. it will be html5! Yes there are pain in the ass apps for tons of sites.. but I think it's pretty clear from your post that you were saying that HTML5 would make apps to watch video unnecessary... and it will ... someday. But you were wrong about a "few months" or even 12...
Posts: 15,091
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #1854
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
better then Alexa? I honestly don't know either. I'll be honest I haven't tested Google Docs on an iPad in the last 6 months but last time I tried it was GARBAGE Pretty sure THAT didn't hit your Q2 time frame... but I'm glad to hear it's better now.. is it fully functional(can you do drawings and presentations?)
? What about Voice? Analytics?
I've been using it for about a year on the iPad, so I'd say it did. I don't use Google voice, but my friends do, and I don't hear them complain about it.

Quote:
mobile versions I will let you count.. but you can't count APPS.. it is clear from your posts that you thought HTML5 would make downloading apps unnecessary... so nice try but no dice.
No, you're just reading into it what you want to read into it. My contention was that site would offer either a mobile version, HTML5 version or an app. As for the adoption of HTML5, it all depends upon what you consider "a few months." I tend to think of a few months as a lot more than you do, apparently. That and the Q2 were separate conversations.

Quote:
That means I get NBC.COM and FOX.COM as examples.. if google isn't fully functional I am counting it as well... I'm tempted to count YouTube since an iPad can only view SOME of the videos. They are moving to HTML5 but they are currently a hodgepodge of h.264 and WebM

So I need 6 more? Pretty sure there are 6 more I can find if I bother to look.
Google has always been fully functional. And counting YouTube? Are you joking? Also, NBC and Fox aren't in the top 100.

Last edited by Silock; 11-10-2011 at 12:53 AM..
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #1855
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Except your post says I won't HAVE TO download an app.. it will be html5! Yes there are pain in the ass apps for tons of sites.. but I think it's pretty clear from your post that you were saying that HTML5 would make apps to watch video unnecessary... and it will ... someday. But you were wrong about a "few months" or even 12...
It's clear to you, because that's how you want to read it.
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #1856
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10390
Quote:
I've been using it for about a year on the iPad, so I'd say it did. I don't use Google voice, but my friends do, and I don't hear them complain about it.
Fair enough on Voice but Docs was GARBAGE on an ipad just a few months back man.


Quote:
No, you're just reading into it what you want to read into it. It all depends upon what you consider "a few months." That and the Q2 were separate conversations.
NO ONE can consider "a few months" to = 12+ that's ridiculous. And I'm not "reading into" anything... here was the conversation...

Me: blah blah bitch bitch having to download an app for each site sucks...
You: in a few months, that won't be a big deal. You can just happily click the link and watch HTML5 video. In the meantime, you can just get an app

How is that NOT you saying that I won't have to download an app because HTML5 was on its way? So, NO you don't get to count apps.

Quote:
Google has always been fully functional. And counting YouTube? Are you joking? Also, NBC and Fox aren't in the top 100.
If Fox and NBC aren't in the top 100 than that list and the entire argument is invalid... gimme a break.. 2 of the 5 broadcast networks? Come on son.

Lastly, YES I will count YouTube since you can NOT view all the videos on an iPad.. I proved that way way back in this thread somewhere.. IF it was fully HTML5 compliant (Apple's version of HTML5 of course) like you predicted then that would not be the case.
Posts: 15,091
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #1857
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
NO ONE can consider "a few months" to = 12+ that's ridiculous.
To talk about things in an 18 month time frame isn't exactly unheard of. Maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but I also think of a "few weeks" as 16-20. This is all pretty subjective.

Quote:
And I'm not "reading into" anything... here was the conversation..

Me: blah blah bitch bitch having to download an app for each site sucks...
You: in a few months, that won't be a big deal. You can just happily click the link and watch HTML5 video. In the meantime, you can just get an app

How is that NOT you saying that I won't have to download an app because HTML5 was on its way? So, NO you don't get to count apps.
Because the point was that you won't have to download an app for EVERY site. And you don't for EVERY SITE. The adoption of HTML5 has borne that out. But there are still apps available and necessary for some sites. Some sites are perfectly accessible on iOS, but still have an app that has increased functionality.

Quote:
If Fox and NBC aren't in the top 100 than that list and the entire argument is invalid... gimme a break.. 2 of the 5 broadcast networks? Come on son.
Well, ARE they? Most people use Hulu.

Quote:
Lastly, YES I will count YouTube since you can NOT view all the videos on an iPad.. I proved that way way back in this thread somewhere.. IF it was fully HTML5 compliant (Apple's version of HTML5 of course) like you predicted then that would not be the case.
LOL Whatever, man. You have such a hard-on for being right that you refuse to count YouTube as iOS5 compatible, even when you can view YouTube videos natively on the OS, within Safari and other apps, OR use the app? GMAFB.
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #1858
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
To talk about things in an 18 month time frame isn't exactly unheard of. Maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but I also think of a "few weeks" as 16-20. This is all pretty subjective.
That's a bit of a stretch man but whatever.



Quote:
Because the point was that you won't have to download an app for EVERY site. And you don't for EVERY SITE. The adoption of HTML5 has borne that out. But there are still apps available and necessary for some sites. Some sites are perfectly accessible on iOS, but still have an app that has increased functionality.
Also a stretch.. you sure you're not a politician? Pretty sure an overwhelming majority of people would read your post and assume you mean that HTML5 would be standard on most if not all sites in "a few months"

Quote:
LOL Whatever, man. You have such a hard-on for being right that you refuse to count YouTube as iOS5 compatible, even when you can view YouTube videos natively on the OS, within Safari and other apps, OR use the app? GMAFB.
Can you watch all YouTube video on an iPad? Simple question. Either way, I'll let ya keep YouTube... it doesn't change the fact that it was pretty clear that you and others said HTML5 was coming fast and furious and DaFace and myself stated that it was gonna take a lot longer than you may think.

It's also clear to me that you are the PERFECT Apple customer.. your expectations for a web experience are set so amazingly low that you are easy to please. I am much more demanding.
Posts: 15,091
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #1859
Silock Silock is online now
MVP
 
Silock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $9787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Also a stretch.. you sure you're not a politician? Pretty sure an overwhelming majority of people would read your post and assume you mean that HTML5 would be standard on most if not all sites in "a few months"
Most people would have also read the conversation in context, instead of pulling it out of the conversation and applying it incorrectly.

Are you sure you're not Fox News?

Quote:
Can you watch all YouTube video on an iPad? Simple question. Either way, I'll let ya keep YouTube... it doesn't change the fact that it was pretty clear that you and others said HTML5 was coming fast and furious and DaFace and myself stated that it was gonna take a lot longer than you may think.
I can watch the overwhelming majority in the YouTube app or Safari. Far in excess of 99%. Perfect? No. Acceptable enough to say that YouTube works well on iOS? Absolutely. And for that small percentage that won't? There's an app for those, too.

Most of the top sites offer mobile or HTML5 versions now. That's what is pretty clear. Even sites outside of the top 100 are on the bandwagon. iOS is a perfectly viable platform.

Quote:
It's also clear to me that you are the PERFECT Apple customer.. your expectations for a web experience are set so amazingly low that you are easy to please. I am much more demanding.
As I've said many times before, I don't alter what I view between my iPad and my Win 7 machine. I look at the same exact websites. I have encountered zero issues doing so. You, on the other hand, are in the extreme minority who are so demanding, anything less than perfect is garbage. I rarely have to workaround, but they are there. Like I've said before, it's not perfect, but what Apple does well, it does REALLY well. Certainly well enough that it overshadows a couple of minor inconveniences.
Posts: 17,558
Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.Silock threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #1860
AustinChief AustinChief is online now
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $10390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Well, ARE they? Most people use Hulu.
Almost forgot this...

Ok fine... people use Hulu... another site that DOES NOT work on iPad.
Posts: 15,091
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.