Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 AM  
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dystopia
Casino cash: $9283
Mad Men

Season 4 premiered tonight. I would have bumped the season three thread but I titled it "season 3," which no longer seems appropriate.

Who saw it? It was a stupendous hour of television. All sorts of shit has happened in the eleven months that have passed (in-story) between the formation of Sterling Cooper Draper Price and the beginning of season 4. The premeir was stepped in the juices of the sexual revolution. It also had a lot to say about the increasing role of the media in the success or failure of things. It was great to see Don fail a little bit, and it was exciting to consider the future implications at the end of Don crafting a public/media persona that is completely unlike his actual personality.
Posts: 32,778
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #316
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
I'm cutting Lane a little slack. I did some reading and at the time of this episode, British citizens paid as much as 83% in taxes to the Crown. Plus a possible 15% more in unearned income PLUS capital gains. Plus Lane would be paying US taxes as well. He's really in a hole.
I believe it was still marginal rates, though.

His 83% tax bracket wasn't on his entire income, just on probably the top 10% of it.

He's still a worm.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #317
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Any chance Peggy comes back as a partner?
What would she do, though?

I guess if she became a heavy-hitter in creative and could bring clients with her upon a return to SCDP, they'd bring her in. But if you notice the partnership structure, it seems to be the rainmaker 'account-men' at the top; the gladhanders, etc..., with their top-dog creative guy in tow. Partnership is more about generating clients than ideas. And ultimately, does that strike you as something Peggy is likely to excel at? They'd have to develop her character a great deal to make her more of an accounts and ideas person.

That or they'd have to get to a point where Don becomes more of an accounts guy and Peggy becomes the lead creative partner. Otherwise you just have a clash of titans in the partnership structure and some fairly redundant parts.

She'd have to bring some clients with her and there would have to be a fairly significant shakeup in the partnership roles...likely with Campbell being the guy to fall on a sword.

Another thought - could Joanne's ascension to partnership help ease the tracks for a Lane demise? They both serve essentially the same role.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #318
Red Brooklyn Red Brooklyn is offline
Veteran
 
Red Brooklyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Casino cash: $7266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Any chance Peggy comes back as a partner?
Could be interesting. Lane dies, Don offers Peggy a partnership to get her back (and to get at Pete). Something along those lines could be interesting. I'm sure they'd find a way to sell it.
Posts: 3,453
Red Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRed Brooklyn 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #319
Demonpenz Demonpenz is online now
Royals Hall Of Fame
 
Demonpenz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Apartment "G UNIT!"
Casino cash: $10941
Peggy Marries Duck Freddy Falls off wagon and aggrees to piss on Don for cash.
Posts: 45,117
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #320
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dystopia
Casino cash: $9283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Another thought - could Joanne's ascension to partnership help ease the tracks for a Lane demise? They both serve essentially the same role.

Yes, of course it does. Lane even says in a line of dialogue this season that Joan does all the same work as him.

There's been a suicide foreshadowed all season, and at this point it'll be a mega-swerve if Lane isn't the one who offs themselves.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,778
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #321
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $19485
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
What would she do, though?

I guess if she became a heavy-hitter in creative and could bring clients with her upon a return to SCDP, they'd bring her in. But if you notice the partnership structure, it seems to be the rainmaker 'account-men' at the top; the gladhanders, etc..., with their top-dog creative guy in tow. Partnership is more about generating clients than ideas. And ultimately, does that strike you as something Peggy is likely to excel at? They'd have to develop her character a great deal to make her more of an accounts and ideas person.

That or they'd have to get to a point where Don becomes more of an accounts guy and Peggy becomes the lead creative partner. Otherwise you just have a clash of titans in the partnership structure and some fairly redundant parts.

She'd have to bring some clients with her and there would have to be a fairly significant shakeup in the partnership roles...likely with Campbell being the guy to fall on a sword.

Another thought - could Joanne's ascension to partnership help ease the tracks for a Lane demise? They both serve essentially the same role.
Excellent post.
Posts: 45,863
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #322
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $19114
VARSITY
Whats with all the spoiler tags? If its aired, its fair game.
__________________
If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu
Posts: 44,930
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #323
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $19114
VARSITY
I'm with most here. It's either the most brilliant episode evah or a jump the shark episode.
__________________
If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu
Posts: 44,930
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #324
Pushead2 Pushead2 is offline
**** off
 
Pushead2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Casino cash: $7759
Mmm.....Borderline NSFW

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...30_634x902.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...10_634x759.jpg
__________________
"Just make sure you mention my name in the top brackets. And make sure they mention your name as the top - insert vulgar language that Chiefsplanet doesn't like even though it's a harmless lyric -....."
Posts: 4,435
Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Pushead2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #325
mikeyis4dcats. mikeyis4dcats. is offline
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy
 
mikeyis4dcats.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $8807
who is this?
__________________
Originally Posted by KC_Connection
I am a pillowbiter.

Posts: 9,880
mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #326
Reaper16 Reaper16 is online now
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dystopia
Casino cash: $9283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
who is this?
Elizabeth Moss. She plays the character of Peggy. Why would anyone reading posts in the Mad Men thread not recognize her face?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,778
Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Reaper16 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #327
mikeyis4dcats. mikeyis4dcats. is offline
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy
 
mikeyis4dcats.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Casino cash: $8807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Elizabeth Moss. She plays the character of Peggy. Why would anyone reading posts in the Mad Men thread not recognize her face?
I thought it was at first, but she looked TOO hot. I googled here and didn't see anything that showed her looking that good, so I thought for sure I was mistaken.
__________________
Originally Posted by KC_Connection
I am a pillowbiter.

Posts: 9,880
mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.mikeyis4dcats. Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #328
Kyle DeLexus Kyle DeLexus is offline
Opie and Anthony XM 105
 
Kyle DeLexus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Casino cash: $-5464
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
I thought it was at first, but she looked TOO hot. I googled here and didn't see anything that showed her looking that good, so I thought for sure I was mistaken.
She did look really hot. If they had her looking like that on the show, maybe I wouldn't dislike her.
Posts: 7,331
Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Kyle DeLexus Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #329
Thig Lyfe Thig Lyfe is offline
Banned
 
Thig Lyfe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thigpen's America
Casino cash: $5000
DAYUM GRRL
Posts: 25,677
Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.Thig Lyfe threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #330
OnTheWarpath58 OnTheWarpath58 is offline
37 FOREVER
 
OnTheWarpath58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $10650
Wow. Excellent episode.
Posts: 50,215
OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.