Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM  
Chief Gump Chief Gump is offline
Run dumb ass run
 
Chief Gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Android Phone + Car Stereo

Just wondering if anyone in here is up to date on the latest car stereo technology. I am looking for a car stereo that can use all the apps and everything off of your Android phone.

I know Pioneer has one that you can basically project your phone onto the screen of the stereo and control it from there as well. It is model SPH-DA100. From what I read it is a little buggy and I am slightly concerned with the brightness of the screen.

Does anyone else have anything similar? Is there maybe something else I should look into?
Posts: 437
Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
loochy loochy is offline
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $10360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gump View Post
Just wondering if anyone in here is up to date on the latest car stereo technology. I am looking for a car stereo that can use all the apps and everything off of your Android phone.

I know Pioneer has one that you can basically project your phone onto the screen of the stereo and control it from there as well. It is model SPH-DA100. From what I read it is a little buggy and I am slightly concerned with the brightness of the screen.

Does anyone else have anything similar? Is there maybe something else I should look into?
get some sort of monitor and hook it up to the hdmi output of your phone (if it has one)
__________________
Please note that any racist, sexist, or otherwise outrageous opinions expressed in this post have been made for comedic or trolling purposes only and are not the actual opinions of loochy or any affiliated entities. Reader discretion is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 18,827
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Chief Gump Chief Gump is offline
Run dumb ass run
 
Chief Gump's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
get some sort of monitor and hook it up to the hdmi output of your phone (if it has one)
Posts: 437
Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
loochy loochy is offline
That's what she said.
 
loochy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TECKSIS
Casino cash: $10360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gump View Post
half and half
__________________
Please note that any racist, sexist, or otherwise outrageous opinions expressed in this post have been made for comedic or trolling purposes only and are not the actual opinions of loochy or any affiliated entities. Reader discretion is advised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut View Post
yeah i may be a retard but I'll be the one banging your girlfriend when you're out with your friends.
Posts: 18,827
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $6821
I have a $80 JVC KDX50BT. Got it so I can play music via bluetooth. It's not the greatest b/c bluetooth takes ~30secs to sync but it does the trick. It will also play google Nav and phone calls(comes w/ a mic you can mount on steering wheel) over the stereo, but I really don't use that.

Go to crutchfield.com and look around. Just go to "car receivers" and make sure it has "android control" preferably with bluetooth IMO. A lot of brands work great with iPhone, but Android's getting better support.

I just looked and they have units from $50 to $1400 that have bluetooth control, so yeah dunno your rage, but if you find one go search the model # for reviews. A lot of models will have forum threads devoted to people's questions about using Android with that unit.

Last edited by KChiefer; 05-08-2013 at 04:46 PM..
Posts: 4,943
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.