Home Mail Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > World Champion Royals Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 AM  
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
Official 2011 Gardening Thread

The times gettin close for indoor seeders & planning for early varaties.

tips, tricks, varaties you like. Where to buy. What to buy. Does & donts.

Your personal picks.

All things gardening.


What you got?

Last edited by MOhillbilly; 12-21-2010 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: shit wrong year. jfc.
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Mr. Flopnuts Mr. Flopnuts is offline
We have seen this all before..
 
Mr. Flopnuts's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: It's different this time!
Casino cash: $10107665
2011 is going to be shit. I would've just skipped to 2012 too. Remember though, shit needs to harvest before December. The world is ending then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Well I was gonna blow and swallow instead of the usual gag and spit. But now it will be neither.
Posts: 53,377
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
2011 is going to be shit. I would've just skipped to 2012 too. Remember though, shit needs to harvest before December. The world is ending then.
__________________
True Son of Liberty
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Hydrae Hydrae is offline
MVP
 
Hydrae's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin, Tx
Casino cash: $17675
I have already turned the garden over and expanded it by a few feet. Being in central Texas I should have planted a second round but was too lazy in August. I will go back in a couple of months and rototill in some fertilizer and be ready to start dropping seeds by late March.
Posts: 11,310
Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/cor...rod000664.html

my pick for early sweet corn this year is early sun glow hybrid. 63 days,OP, had some last year. need to plant it on high well drained soil to mu spring rain will stunt growth.
__________________
True Son of Liberty
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Mr. Flopnuts Mr. Flopnuts is offline
We have seen this all before..
 
Mr. Flopnuts's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: It's different this time!
Casino cash: $10107665
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly View Post
http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/cor...rod000664.html

my pick for early sweet corn this year is early sun glow hybrid. 63 days,OP, had some last year. need to plant it on high well drained soil to mu spring rain will stunt growth.
I really need to come over to your place for dinner sometime. Freshly grown veggies are the shit. Maybe this is the year I get some stuff planted in the ground. If I'm around anyways. Hopefully I'll be on the road, but if not, now that I have the yard, I think I'll go for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Well I was gonna blow and swallow instead of the usual gag and spit. But now it will be neither.
Posts: 53,377
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I have already turned the garden over and expanded it by a few feet. Being in central Texas I should have planted a second round but was too lazy in August. I will go back in a couple of months and rototill in some fertilizer and be ready to start dropping seeds by late March.

im puttin taters & cabbage starts in by st. pattys day.

Guy showed me that if you cut the bottom out of 5 gallon buckets and put the bucket over the cabbage you can just put a lid on it when you have a chance of frost.
excellent trick imo.

wont turn mine over until the early march. Like you im gonna expand mine to take up most of the back half of the yard.
__________________
True Son of Liberty
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
D2112 D2112 is offline
The Poster that cares
 
D2112's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Casino cash: $7460
The best compost mix I have used was 50% top soil/40%Compost/10%Sand. rototill about 4 inches of that shit into the ground and it makes everything happy. I also use steroids for my Annuals. Growers mix/Terra sorb and slow release fert.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Welcome to being the only person on my Ignore list.

Posts: 15,828
D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.D2112 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
Groves Groves is offline
Turning the Corner
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Springfield, Missouri
Casino cash: $8641
I need to download MO's gardening brain to my kids somehow. C'mon technology!
Posts: 2,149
Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.Groves would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
Hydrae Hydrae is offline
MVP
 
Hydrae's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin, Tx
Casino cash: $17675
I had a hard time with stink bugs all over my tomatoes this year. I am going to try a trick I read about and plant marigolds around that part of the garden. Supposedly they are attracted to the yellow flowers and stay out of the maters.
Posts: 11,310
Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Hydrae Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
tooge tooge is offline
MVP
 
tooge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Liberty, MO
Casino cash: $14212
coons and deer get most of our corn, so I'm gonna plant much more this year. I've got about a quarter acre of mowed pasture to turn up.
Posts: 9,145
tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.tooge has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
I really need to come over to your place for dinner sometime. Freshly grown veggies are the shit. Maybe this is the year I get some stuff planted in the ground. If I'm around anyways. Hopefully I'll be on the road, but if not, now that I have the yard, I think I'll go for it.
Dude i will have plenty. If you need your ground turned up i have a monster tiller.
My plan this year is to start all the early stuff in the house.

Im not gonna do alot of lettuce and carrots like last year. For sow in row im gonna stick with pole/bush beans,corn,taters,& tomatos. Might put a row of sweet radish and a hill of black seed lettuce.
Only gonna do the ox heart heirlooms this year.

Gonna try these
http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/tom...rod000988.html
& a yellow variety i cant recall the name of for early tomato & stick with beefsteak and better boy for mid season. I gonna make BBQ sauce & juice by the quart.
__________________
True Son of Liberty
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I had a hard time with stink bugs all over my tomatoes this year. I am going to try a trick I read about and plant marigolds around that part of the garden. Supposedly they are attracted to the yellow flowers and stay out of the maters.
do some research on chewing & sucking garden pests.

liquid 7,malathion,permethrins, are about all i can find. Hummert int. can sometimes get the old school hardcore pesticides.
__________________
True Son of Liberty
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #14
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
coons and deer get most of our corn, so I'm gonna plant much more this year. I've got about a quarter acre of mowed pasture to turn up.
turn a radio on in your corn patch to keep varmits away.
__________________
True Son of Liberty
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #15
MOhillbilly MOhillbilly is offline
Mama Tried
 
MOhillbilly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missouri
Casino cash: $1128
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2112 View Post
The best compost mix I have used was 50% top soil/40%Compost/10%Sand. rototill about 4 inches of that shit into the ground and it makes everything happy. I also use steroids for my Annuals. Growers mix/Terra sorb and slow release fert.
what zone? what kind of annuals?
__________________
True Son of Liberty
Posts: 23,093
MOhillbilly has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.