Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 02:50 PM  
WV WV is offline
Veteran
 
WV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the Holler
Casino cash: $5025
Battlefield 3

Anyone looking forward to this? I really like BC2, but haven't been playing it long.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1147832p1.html

Battlefield 3 Coming Fall 2011
Third game is a "true successor to Battlefield 2," EA says.
February 4, 2011 February 4, 2011 February 4, 2011
Share813
User icon for Reilly-IGNLevel 8
by Jim Reilly

Call of Duty will go head-to-head with Battlefield 3 in 2011.

The third game in the series, which will be shown to press during the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco next month, is set for release this coming fall, Electronic Arts confirmed.

The publisher revealed the first teaser trailer for the game on its official website tonight. The trailer, which contains no actual gameplay, displays quick cuts of helicopters, ground troops, tanks and fighter jets.

Additional details courtesy of the official Battlefield Blog confirm a full single-player and co-op campaign, jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer for the PC version. The Frostbite 2 engine will power the game and a Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Developer DICE confirmed earlier this morning it was canceling the release of Battlefield 1943 and the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught pack for PC.



Xbox
WVChiefFan - WVMP15
Pants - pants0n
Kraus - Trespasser 989
Wickedson - Vickedson
Mr. Plow - HawkInHutch
WhitiE - White Es Back
Setsuna - RawIntensity00
CJizzles - Chyeahhh Son
Chest Rockwell - Smelcolm Black
MoreLemonPledge - BaseTilt
Bump - Anton Chigur II
Dunit35 - Dyer35
Lzen - shredder71
ChiefFripp - Ethansdad131722

PS3
Dayze - bubbajo23
Johnny Vegas - Badmajama
Wyatt Earp - CONeal81
WhitiE - IWhitiEI
Johnny Vegas -

PC
Slag - slag
BigRichard - Battlegump
loochy - erclsr
rubbersponge - TwoWhiteCupz


*****Anyone else who wants added PM me******

Last edited by WV; 03-19-2012 at 06:19 PM..
Posts: 4,968
WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #721
Wyatt Earp Wyatt Earp is online now
Starter
 
Wyatt Earp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dodge City, Kansas
Casino cash: $6450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm only showing 3 members of cp on the b-log. Is that right?


I think right now my favorite game is squad team deathmatch. I think it would be awesome with an actual squad from here.

It's definitely different than cod, it's taking some getting used to and my kd isn't very good out of the gate.
So far I think its only 3 PS3 players from CP.

As far as game modes I prefer rush. On conquest and rush your kd ratio doesn't matter as long as you complete capture flags, destroy or defend mcoms, and help your team win.
Posts: 354
Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.Wyatt Earp would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #722
crispystl420 crispystl420 is offline
Veteran
 
crispystl420's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Casino cash: $5170
One thing I like about Battlefield ( especially the big maps) is you actually establish front lines. That would never happen in the small maps on COD. I hate the small maps on battlefield though.
Posts: 3,345
crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.crispystl420 would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #723
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Ronin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $6430
I'm going to get an ulcer playing this game. The level of stupidity when it comes to teamwork is astronomical.
Posts: 10,394
Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #724
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
I'm going to get an ulcer playing this game. The level of stupidity when it comes to teamwork is astronomical.
Yeah. I was just playing with Whitie tonight, trust me, I know what you're talking about...

I kid, I kid.

But yeah, we played like 6 matches and won them all. If you're going to play solo, you have to go with TDM or STDM where you can actually make a difference if you're good enough.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,941
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #725
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Ronin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $6430
Yeah Conquest is useless. TDM....strong 2nd for foolishness, but never tried stdm.
Posts: 10,394
Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #726
WV WV is offline
Veteran
 
WV's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the Holler
Casino cash: $5025
The Hard Core servers are far too few and they still need to work on paring of squad mates. I may be in the minority, but I hate playing core mode and get really frustrated with it.
Posts: 4,968
WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #727
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5642
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVChiefFan View Post
The Hard Core servers are far too few and they still need to work on paring of squad mates. I may be in the minority, but I hate playing core mode and get really frustrated with it.
I play core. I can't stand core in MW, but I like it here.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,941
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #728
WV WV is offline
Veteran
 
WV's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the Holler
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
I play core. I can't stand core in MW, but I like it here.
I can't stand seemingly emptying my magazine into someone only to be killed by a few shots from somewhere across the map. Or better yet putting multiple shots into a guy 5 feet in front of me then he kills me. I know head shots are instant, but it sure seems like you have to hit them a lot in core mode.
Posts: 4,968
WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #729
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5642
Had a good outing tonight. SPM is up to 426 and KDR at 1.74. Kept getting the MVP pin... feels good, man.

This game is too ****ing good.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,941
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:50 AM   #730
AndChiefs AndChiefs is online now
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $2344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Yeah. I was just playing with Whitie tonight, trust me, I know what you're talking about...

I kid, I kid.

But yeah, we played like 6 matches and won them all. If you're going to play solo, you have to go with TDM or STDM where you can actually make a difference if you're good enough.
Yeah you guys kept beating me and it made me sad.
Posts: 5,055
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #731
Otter Otter is offline
holding a blood clot at birth
 
Otter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Durango, CO
Casino cash: $7215
How are the jets balanced in BF3? Would you say it's better, worse, same when compared with Bad Company?

The whole reason I haven't bought the game yet is because of the bad taste jets from BF2 left in my mouth.
__________________
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson, 1801.
Posts: 13,175
Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Otter has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #732
WV WV is offline
Veteran
 
WV's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the Holler
Casino cash: $5025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
How are the jets balanced in BF3? Would you say it's better, worse, same when compared with Bad Company?

The whole reason I haven't bought the game yet is because of the bad taste jets from BF2 left in my mouth.
From what I've seen the Jets don't make a huge difference. If you have a good pilot they can pretty much eliminate each other and a few tanks, but my experience is that they aren't a huge factor yet.
Posts: 4,968
WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.WV threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #733
ChiefFripp ChiefFripp is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: KC
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
How are the jets balanced in BF3? Would you say it's better, worse, same when compared with Bad Company?

The whole reason I haven't bought the game yet is because of the bad taste jets from BF2 left in my mouth.
While playing the 360 version of the game you'll notice jets are mostly irrelevant. While four people are trying to dogfight in the air , the real battle is being played out on the ground with troops , tanks and copters. Perhaps on the PC version; larger maps with 64 players, jets have more of an impact.

I play the 360 version unfortunately so I mostly avoid jets.
Posts: 2,579
ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefFripp must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 AM   #734
Mr. Plow Mr. Plow is offline
Bitterness
 
Mr. Plow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mmmmmm....Forbidden Donut
Casino cash: $7474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
How are the jets balanced in BF3? Would you say it's better, worse, same when compared with Bad Company?

The whole reason I haven't bought the game yet is because of the bad taste jets from BF2 left in my mouth.

In the short time I've been able to play online, they've been pretty irrelevant to me. I honestly pay no attention to them when I'm on the ground and can't say that I've actually ever been killed by one. But, I haven't been able to get online much thus far - so I could be in the minority.
Posts: 24,046
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #735
Pants Pants is offline
Time Keeps On Slipping
 
Pants's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $5642
The only air kill I have suffered so far was on a strafe run an A10 made on the MCOMM I was guarding, that's it. Engineers now have freaking Stingers and Javelins they can equip so anti-air is much more balanced than it was in BC2. Maybe once the pilots get really good and have the counter-measures unlocked, the jets will become relevant, but they're pretty much just out there right now.

I tried flying a jet twice and crashed both times trying to strafe and not pulling up fast enough.
__________________
ZootedGranny:

"That's the reason my FFL team name is TrentGreenLeadBlock. When you see this mother****er coming around the corner on a block, put your children to bed and batten down the hatch on your girl's snatch, because the same power that destroys defenders can scar the minds of the youth and simultaneously impregnate any woman within sight, live or on television."
Posts: 23,941
Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Pants 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.