Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM  
The Rick The Rick is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Casino cash: $5100
Scott Walker For President?

Hadn't even considered something like this until I saw the notion pop up in a couple of recent articles.

Apparently, there are quite a few individuals impressed with Governor Scott Walker and his handling of this budget/union situation here in Wisconsin. So much so that some are now saying he could be a dark horse Republican candidate in the 2012 Presidential election. I've heard Vice-President and even President, mainly due to the fact that there aren't any clear GOP front runners at this point.

I can't really see it, but I'm wondering if maybe I'm a little too close to situation since I've kind of been exposed to Walker for a number of years now (he served as Milwaukee County Executive before being elected Governor).

What do the rest of you (conservatives) think? Could Walker really be a dark horse candidate in 2012?
Posts: 2,234
The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
SNR SNR is offline
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $7118
He'd be insane to try. He would lose and it would probably mark the end of his political career.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,499
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
The Rick The Rick is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Casino cash: $5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
He'd be insane to try. He would lose and it would probably mark the end of his political career.
Sort of what I'm thinking...too soon. If he ends up doing big things for the state, then maybe 2016 depending upon the situation.
Posts: 2,234
The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.The Rick must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5510
I don't know much about the guy, but I love how he's handling the situation in Wisconsin so far. I was at a family get-together last night, and an uncle was droning on about how Walker was going to pay the price at re-election time. I explained to him that he was elected to do exactly what he is doing.

He went on about how these unions were going to vote him out. I told him that the protesters and unions all voted against him just a couple months ago, but he won anyway. My uncle was completely unfazed. Now I read that Obama's popularity has taken a plunge since coming out in support of the protesters. (His popularity had taken a nice bump since extending the Bush tax cuts.)

He's been as high as +30 points and as low as -23 points in his approval rating. He is currently at -18 which is a 9 point drop in the last 4 days.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,586
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
orange orange is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Denver, CO
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
He is currently at -18 which is a 9 point drop in the last 4 days.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history
Meanwhile, Gallup went from -4 to +5. A 9 point jump. Ironic, huh?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...044.html#polls

I wonder if Gallup polls different people than Rasmussen.
Posts: 11,661
orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.orange Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
LiveSteam LiveSteam is offline
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $5595
tell the truth ,tell the truth ,tell the truth ,tell the truth , tell the truth.
Posts: 16,822
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
AndChiefs AndChiefs is online now
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $55
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange View Post
Meanwhile, Gallup went from -4 to +5. A 9 point jump. Ironic, huh?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...044.html#polls

I wonder if Gallup polls different people than Rasmussen.
Or maybe polling is just a bunch of malarkey.
Posts: 4,858
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $5510
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange View Post
Meanwhile, Gallup went from -4 to +5. A 9 point jump. Ironic, huh?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...044.html#polls

I wonder if Gallup polls different people than Rasmussen.
Gallup does 3 day rolling averages of adults. Rasmussen does single day polls of likely voters.

Not enough time had passed by 2/20 to show the reaction in a 3 day rolling average. Look at the most recent daily poll on the link you posted. His support has dropped. Give it a couple of days, and the average will reflect as much, I would guess.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,586
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
Chiefshrink Chiefshrink is offline
MVP
 
Chiefshrink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: donkey land
Casino cash: $5177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I don't know much about the guy, but I love how he's handling the situation in Wisconsin so far. I was at a family get-together last night, and an uncle was droning on about how Walker was going to pay the price at re-election time. I explained to him that he was elected to do exactly what he is doing.

He went on about how these unions were going to vote him out. I told him that the protesters and unions all voted against him just a couple months ago, but he won anyway. My uncle was completely unfazed. Now I read that Obama's popularity has taken a plunge since coming out in support of the protesters. (His popularity had taken a nice bump since extending the Bush tax cuts.)

He's been as high as +30 points and as low as -23 points in his approval rating. He is currently at -18 which is a 9 point drop in the last 4 days.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._index_history
You nailed it!!!

He is doing 'exactly' what he was elected to do
Posts: 11,995
Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefshrink is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.