Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 01:40 AM  
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $5490
Kos kiddies are calling for a "unified proletariat" on the 5th of November

Here's your chance to rail against the bourgeois...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/0...th-of-November
Posts: 50,838
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
chiefsnorth chiefsnorth is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Casino cash: $5000
A spectre is hanging over America...
Posts: 1,808
chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chiefsnorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
Sannyasi Sannyasi is offline
Veteran
 
Sannyasi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Casino cash: $5225
Yeah, I don't really get the marxist rhetoric, especially when at the bottom of the article they claim the proposals were worked on together by "a far-left liberal and a far-right libertarian". That being said, I thought there were actually some good ideas in there. The parts I agreed with:

1. Term Limits - Members of Congress may serve a total of 12 years in any combination of the House and the Senate. If a member of Congress has already served 12 years then he/she is no longer eligible for re-election.

4. Members of Congress are hereby banned from campaigning directly for any office until 6 weeks prior to an election.

6. Vacation - Members of Congress and their staff are in the employ of their constituents and like their constituents will be required to work throughout the year and are allotted the same amount of vacation time as the constituents that they serve, which is currently 2 weeks with 1 week added for every 3 years of service. (The tone of this one is a little too populist for my taste, but I still like the sentiment behind it; congressmen spend way too much time doing things other than their job, in my opinion)

Only United States citizens who are registered voters may contribute funds to campaigns for eligible election participants. Contributions can ONLY be made within the registered voters district.

"The United States Federal Reserve Bank will be audited annually and the results of this audit will be made publicly available for all citizens to review."

I also thought there were some intriguing lobbying reforms, but I won't pretend to know enough to comment on their feasibility.

Last edited by Sannyasi; 04-08-2011 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: grammar
Posts: 1,363
Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
AndChiefs AndChiefs is offline
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannyasi View Post
Yeah, I don't really get the marxist rhetoric, especially when at the bottom of the article they claim the proposals were worked on together by "a far-left liberal and a far-right libertarian". That being said, I thought there were actually some good ideas in there. The parts I agreed with:

1. Term Limits - Members of Congress may serve a total of 12 years in any combination of the House and the Senate. If a member of Congress has already served 12 years then he/she is no longer eligible for re-election.

4. Members of Congress are hereby banned from campaigning directly for any office until 6 weeks prior to an election.

6. Vacation - Members of Congress and their staff are in the employ of their constituents and like their constituents will be required to work throughout the year and are allotted the same amount of vacation time as the constituents that they serve, which is currently 2 weeks with 1 week added for every 3 years of service. (The tone of this one is a little too populist for my taste, but I still like the sentiment behind it; congressmen spend way too much time doing things other than their job, in my opinion)

1. Only United States citizens who are registered voters may contribute funds to campaigns for eligible election participants. Contributions can ONLY be made within the registered voters district.

"The United States Federal Reserve Bank will be audited annually and the results of this audit will be made publicly available for all citizens to review."

I also thought there were some intriguing lobbying reforms, but I won't pretend to know enough to comment on their feasibility.
I'd replace members of congress with everyone. Otherwise you could have someone campaigning for half a year while the congressman gets only 6 weeks.
Posts: 4,858
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Hydrae Hydrae is offline
MVP
 
Hydrae's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin, Tx
Casino cash: $5297
Term limits are simple, don't keep voting the same idiot in every cycle. This is in the power of the voters, no law should be needed.
Posts: 10,358
Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.Hydrae would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Sannyasi Sannyasi is offline
Veteran
 
Sannyasi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Casino cash: $5225
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndChiefs View Post
I'd replace members of congress with everyone. Otherwise you could have someone campaigning for half a year while the congressman gets only 6 weeks.
Yeah, good point. Then again, 6 weeks might not be long enough for a challenger to really get his name out there Some of the ideas still need some work, obviously, but I think they are interesting and worth discussing.

Except for the general strike. We can skip right over that one
Posts: 1,363
Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Sannyasi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
AndChiefs AndChiefs is offline
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannyasi View Post
Yeah, good point. Then again, 6 weeks might not be long enough for a challenger to really get his name out there Some of the ideas still need some work, obviously, but I think they are interesting and worth discussing.

Except for the general strike. We can skip right over that one
Oh come on. I'm sure that will be very effective.
Posts: 4,858
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.