Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM  
ComfortablyNumb ComfortablyNumb is offline
Rookie
 
ComfortablyNumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Casino cash: $5775
Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC

Jeff Chadiha of ESPN was interviewed on 810 this morning and had some interesting bits about Cassel:

- He revealed that Haley told him that his father, Dick Haley (famous Steelers personnel man), upon watching Cassel practice told him "I don't think you can win with this guy"

- Was told by a source within the Chiefs that he trusts that Matt Cassel was still mistakenly calling out plays using Patriots terminology...in year two

- Was told that Weiss was not a Cassel fan at all (I know this isn't new, but yet another source confirming what we already know)

- Was informed by multiple sources around the league that the Chiefs OC job is not a prime destination because of the atmosphere created by Pioli, lack of confidence in the staying power of Romeo and the fact that Cassel is the QB

Very depressing interview....

Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 01-26-2012 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: added that Chadiha works for ESPN
Posts: 11
ComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutComfortablyNumb is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #331
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Again. Look at the talent after losing Charles, Moeaki, and Berry. Was the team a playoff team? Even WITH those 3 key players, we all predicted 7-9. Without those guys, we ended up 7-9.

The fact that we won 7 games was a goddamn miracle. 2 games in an entire career should not a career make.

JFC. Norv Turner turns an ultra-talented team into a bubble playoff team. Todd Haley takes a bad team and turns them into a bubble playoff team. One of the two keeps their job. If Pioli gave Haley good enough players to work with, the Chiefs would be in the playoffs. That's the bigger issue. Not two games that they lose against teams that ended up being pretty good.
2 of those wins were damn near miracles. You want to bet on Rivers fumbling another snap? How about the ****ing Raiders playing a QB who was posting on BengalsPlanet the Monday before?

Say it: Haley was a ****ing joke. Say it and we'll back off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,552
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #332
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $7750
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
The Chiefs came into their own the second half of the year because of Justin Houston and ultimately Kyle Orton. Until those two ended up in the picture, the defense didn't have nearly enough talent and our QB (a critical position) brought our team down.

All of you hate Matt Cassel. All of you say the QB is critical. All of you would trade the entire Chiefs' draft, your first born, and the key too Zuul for a franchise QB. Yet nobody here, not a single person, can say that the Chiefs would have made the playoffs had they had a good QB all season long. Orton isn't even a great QB. He's good enough.
We would have easily made the playoffs had we had a average QB such as Orton this year. I can think of 3 games we probably win that we lost....SD #1, Denver #1 and Pittsburgh.


I don't get what your argument is? One time you are saying Cassel is good enough and the other you are saying he isn't. WTF is it?
__________________
Posts: 65,948
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #333
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Against a regular schedule.

And I should add... without Jamaal Charles to take the ball away from Matt Cassel.
What do you mean a "regular schedule"?

We played the schedule put in front of us.

This season if orton had played all 16 games I believe we would have made the playoffs, even with the injuries
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 28,926
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #334
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Huh? I will say that the kansas city chiefs would have absolutely made the playoffs with just a good qb all season long.

The real reason our d started looking so dominant is because orton cut down on the % of three and out drives.

But again that is moot if we come out strong and win in weeks one and two, even with palko starting four games.


Why won't you just say that one time?
Posted via Mobile Device
I've said multiple times that it was a huge mistake the first two games. Like I said, it's ridiculous to dwell on 2 games when the coach got more out of the next 14 games than many coaches would have gotten out of 16.

But the fact of the matter is that for the next umpteen games, the ONLY reason the Chiefs were competitive was because coaching turned an average roster into a decent one.

Without Jamaal Charles and Berry, this team had no business making the playoffs. They didn't have enough talent. And that's not because of coaching. And it starts with a HUGE whiff on the GM at the QB position.
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #335
DeezNutz DeezNutz is offline
PermaBanned
 
DeezNutz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jouissance
Casino cash: $5530
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
The Chiefs came into their own the second half of the year because of Justin Houston and ultimately Kyle Orton. Until those two ended up in the picture, the defense didn't have nearly enough talent and our QB (a critical position) brought our team down.

All of you hate Matt Cassel. All of you say the QB is critical. All of you would trade the entire Chiefs' draft, your first born, and the key too Zuul for a franchise QB. Yet nobody here, not a single person, can say that the Chiefs would have made the playoffs had they had a good QB all season long. Orton isn't even a great QB. He's good enough.
Yeah, Orton was nails, putting up a shit ton of points and all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl View Post
If you met me in person and didn't know who I was you would never guess it was me.
Posts: 46,552
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #336
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
What do you mean a "regular schedule"?

We played the schedule put in front of us.

This season if orton had played all 16 games I believe we would have made the playoffs, even with the injuries
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes. I absolutely believe that. But whose fault is that? The coach's? Or the front office that forced Haley to play with a coach that was half of Orton, an average QB's, ability?
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #337
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I've said multiple times that it was a huge mistake the first two games. Like I said, it's ridiculous to dwell on 2 games when the coach got more out of the next 14 games than many coaches would have gotten out of 16.

But the fact of the matter is that for the next umpteen games, the ONLY reason the Chiefs were competitive was because coaching turned an average roster into a decent one.

Without Jamaal Charles and Berry, this team had no business making the playoffs. They didn't have enough talent. And that's not because of coaching. And it starts with a HUGE whiff on the GM at the QB position.
Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 28,926
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #338
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $7750
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Against a regular schedule.

And I should add... without Jamaal Charles to take the ball away from Matt Cassel.
Well the schedule he played against was a regular season schedule. WTF?
__________________
Posts: 65,948
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #339
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Yes. I absolutely believe that. But whose fault is that? The coach's? Or the front office that forced Haley to play with a coach that was half of Orton, an average QB's, ability?
you just said not one person here could say that, but you could?

Are you ok tonight? You didn't fall and hit your head today did you?

Haley wasn't forced to do anything, if he didn't like it he could have walked.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 28,926
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #340
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Yeah, Orton was nails, putting up a shit ton of points and all.
The Chiefs were a much better team under Orton than under Cassel.

Period.

And Orton isn't even a great QB. He's average. But the QB isn't important. So Haley should have won behind a QB who wasn't even close to as good as an average QB like Orton.
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #341
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok.

Let's fire every coach that has 2 bad games in 3 years.

The Giants should have fired Tom Coughlin multiple teams. He lost his team worse than Haley several times over his career.
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #342
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $7750
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I've said multiple times that it was a huge mistake the first two games. Like I said, it's ridiculous to dwell on 2 games when the coach got more out of the next 14 games than many coaches would have gotten out of 16.

But the fact of the matter is that for the next umpteen games, the ONLY reason the Chiefs were competitive was because coaching turned an average roster into a decent one.

Without Jamaal Charles and Berry, this team had no business making the playoffs. They didn't have enough talent. And that's not because of coaching. And it starts with a HUGE whiff on the GM at the QB position.
A coach that got the most out of a team for the next 14 games??? Are you on the crystal? Are you suckin' back grandpa's cough medicine? Haley was only here for the next 11 games for one. Secondly he managed tot lose back-back games at home when we had a chance to take 1st place to ourselves and then won a miracle Monday night game. Proceeded to get ass blasted by NE, pulled out a hail mary against Chicago, refused to bench Palko during the Steelers game after throwing 3 pics, 2 back-back and then threw a temper tantrum on the field and for the first time im my life got a penalaty called on a Chiefs coach for unsportsmanlike. Yea, he really got the most out of our team alright!
__________________
Posts: 65,948
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #343
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Well the schedule he played against was a regular season schedule. WTF?
The schedule the Chiefs played in 2010 was the easiest in the league.

Don't play this game.
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #344
JASONSAUTO JASONSAUTO is offline
Thigpen for HOF
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mid missouri
Casino cash: $9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Ok.

Let's fire every coach that has 2 bad games in 3 years.

The Giants should have fired Tom Coughlin multiple teams. He lost his team worse than Haley several times over his career.
I'm laughing because you didn't think this team was talented enough to make the playoffs without charles, berry.

Tell me, what spectacular plays did we run that made haley this genious?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 28,926
JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.JASONSAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #345
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $7750
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
The Chiefs were a much better team under Orton than under Cassel.

Period.

And Orton isn't even a great QB. He's average. But the QB isn't important. So Haley should have won behind a QB who wasn't even close to as good as an average QB like Orton.
No one is saying the Chiefs weren't a better team under Orton. That doesn't excuse Haley from his list of fail. My God man, even the Raiders had the balls the throw Palmer in a game in his 1st week. We waited, waited, waited some more and instead of starting Orton threw him on on some stupid trick play and got him hurt. All the while Palko continued to stink up the joint with Stanzi just sitting there and Haley refusing to play him.

Stellar coaching job.
__________________
Posts: 65,948
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.