Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 01:52 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186000
****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.****

the second thread has been pronounced dead.
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #3211
kepp kepp is offline
MVP
 
kepp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $196896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
Why would the other SEC schools want to have the tournament in KC? I think MU fans want it just to stick it to the Big 12 schools as a, "This is our town!" kind of thing, but I guess I don't see what the other schools get out of it other than a long trip.
I don't think he said that SEC schools want to have the tourney in KC. He was referencing a ku writer's viewpoint that, if the SEC should ask, KC should say no. Which is entirely stupid.
Posts: 9,346
kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #3212
Reaper16 Reaper16 is offline
Best in the World
 
Reaper16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Better Than You
Casino cash: $990439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Speculation that the Big 12 Tourney is staying in Kansas City.
Good. KC needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
Why would the other SEC schools want to have the tournament in KC? I think MU fans want it just to stick it to the Big 12 schools as a, "This is our town!" kind of thing, but I guess I don't see what the other schools get out of it other than a long trip.
They'll get the chance to discover what real barbecue tastes like.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
Reaper16's taste in beer, music, and literature are unmatched on this message board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 32,262
Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Reaper16 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #3213
Codered Codered is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $41465
Any tournament is good for Kansas City. I doubt Texas allows it to stay in KC for very long. And KU will take whatever Texas wants on the chin with a smile.
Posts: 617
Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #3214
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $127735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codered View Post
Any tournament is good for Kansas City. I doubt Texas allows it to stay in KC for very long. And KU will take whatever Texas wants on the chin with a smile.
Whatever happens makes KU look bad.

We all know this.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,888
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #3215
qabbaan qabbaan is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Casino cash: $24150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
I love the KU writer's idea that, if the SEC offers to hold their basketball tournament at the Sprint Center, Kansas City should say no.
The poor dear doesn't know what state Kansas City is in. It's a shame he is so intent on holding his conference tournament in a state where his conference has no teams.

Des Moines, Charleston WV, Oklahoma City, Dallas, maybe Charlotte and Tallahassee soon, are Big 12 cities. Perhaps he should see if one of those is willing to host.

The weight of the Big 12's footprint has shifted south with Missouri and Nebraska gone. I am guessing Dallas will be the tournament's usual home.
Posts: 2,973
qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #3216
Messier Messier is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $41513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codered View Post
Any tournament is good for Kansas City. I doubt Texas allows it to stay in KC for very long. And KU will take whatever Texas wants on the chin with a smile.
I don't think Texas cares about the basketball tournament very much.
Posts: 6,434
Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #3217
Codered Codered is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $41465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
I don't think Texas cares about the basketball tournament very much.
If that was the case then the Big 12 Basketball tourney would have always stayed in KC where it should have year-after-year.
Posts: 617
Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #3218
qabbaan qabbaan is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Casino cash: $24150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
I don't think he said that SEC schools want to have the tourney in KC. He was referencing a ku writer's viewpoint that, if the SEC should ask, KC should say no. Which is entirely stupid.
IIRC the SEC prez mentioned having the basketball tournament in KC when the Missouri to SEC move was official. Not all the time, but some years.

According to Big 12 stragglers, travel isn't an issue for FSU, Clemson, or WV because "once you're on a plane you're on a plane".
Posts: 2,973
qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #3219
qabbaan qabbaan is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Casino cash: $24150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codered View Post
If that was the case then the Big 12 Basketball tourney would have always stayed in KC where it should have year-after-year.
Attendance in Dallas seemed unimpressive most of the time but they continued to hold it there.
Posts: 2,973
qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.qabbaan would the whole thing.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #3220
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186000
Quote:
Originally Posted by qabbaan View Post
The poor dear doesn't know what state Kansas City is in. It's a shame he is so intent on holding his conference tournament in a state where his conference has no teams.

Des Moines, Charleston WV, Oklahoma City, Dallas, maybe Charlotte and Tallahassee soon, are Big 12 cities. Perhaps he should see if one of those is willing to host.

The weight of the Big 12's footprint has shifted south with Missouri and Nebraska gone. I am guessing Dallas will be the tournament's usual home.
I hope it stays in Kansas City. The best place for the tournament is in Missouri.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #3221
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $71314
Quote:
Originally Posted by qabbaan View Post
IIRC the SEC prez mentioned having the basketball tournament in KC when the Missouri to SEC move was official. Not all the time, but some years.

According to Big 12 stragglers, travel isn't an issue for FSU, Clemson, or WV because "once you're on a plane you're on a plane".
The SEC tourney rotates. Right now it's scheduled through 2016 so 2017 is the earliest possible date it could be in KC. KC has to vie against Atlanta, NO, Tampa, Orlando, and Nashville.
__________________
Posts: 33,582
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #3222
Codered Codered is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Casino cash: $41465
Quote:
Originally Posted by qabbaan View Post
Attendance in Dallas seemed unimpressive most of the time but they continued to hold it there.
I agree ... There is no doubt that was mostly due to support from Texas and Oklahoma. There was no reason the Basketball tournament should have been held anywhere but Kansas City.
Posts: 617
Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Codered has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #3223
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
The SEC tourney rotates. Right now it's scheduled through 2016 so 2017 is the earliest possible date it could be in KC. KC has to vie against Atlanta, NO, Tampa, Orlando, and Nashville.
Don't forget St. Louis.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,539
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #3224
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $71314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Don't forget St. Louis.
Yeah, forgot about STL. They're also in the mix.
__________________
Posts: 33,582
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
 
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #3225
Messier Messier is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $41513
Quote:
Originally Posted by qabbaan View Post
The poor dear doesn't know what state Kansas City is in. It's a shame he is so intent on holding his conference tournament in a state where his conference has no teams.

Des Moines, Charleston WV, Oklahoma City, Dallas, maybe Charlotte and Tallahassee soon, are Big 12 cities. Perhaps he should see if one of those is willing to host.

The weight of the Big 12's footprint has shifted south with Missouri and Nebraska gone. I am guessing Dallas will be the tournament's usual home.
It'll stay in KC. Sure Sprint is in Missouri, but is still less than an hour away from the school that brings the most fans. It's not like MU is what was keeping the tournament in KC.
Posts: 6,434
Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.