Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 01:52 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
MVP
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186200
****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.****

the second thread has been pronounced dead.
Posts: 30,519
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #436
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
The answer may surpass your comprehension.
lol
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,932
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #437
kepp kepp is offline
MVP
 
kepp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KCMO
Casino cash: $197150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Shouldn't be a problem for the Big 12 to easily show that the actions of the departing schools was intentionally meant to damage the conference.

Especially in the case of Missouri where the public statements for desiring a move to the BIG can easily be presented as a harmful act towards a conference that had done nothing but help them progress as an athletic and academic entity.

If Missouri settles quickly we'll know this is the truth.

The Big 12 can then wash their hands of underperforming institutions and progress towards building a conference that contains loyal and honest parties.

Everyone wants Missouri gone but they should be held accountable for their actions over the past two years financially. That's a no brainer.
Thanks, wickedmatlock. I see you have the legal side of this under control.
Posts: 9,371
kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kepp Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #438
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Shouldn't be a problem for the Big 12 to easily show that the actions of the departing schools was intentionally meant to damage the conference.

Especially in the case of Missouri where the public statements for desiring a move to the BIG can easily be presented as a harmful act towards a conference that had done nothing but help them progress as an athletic and academic entity.

If Missouri settles quickly we'll know this is the truth.

The Big 12 can then wash their hands of underperforming institutions and progress towards building a conference that contains loyal and honest parties.

Everyone wants Missouri gone but they should be held accountable for their actions over the past two years financially. That's a no brainer.
Try not to discuss the law.

You look even dumber than usual.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #439
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Shouldn't be a problem for the Big 12 to easily show that the actions of the departing schools was intentionally meant to damage the conference.

Especially in the case of Missouri where the public statements for desiring a move to the BIG can easily be presented as a harmful act towards a conference that had done nothing but help them progress as an athletic and academic entity.

If Missouri settles quickly we'll know this is the truth.

The Big 12 can then wash their hands of underperforming institutions and progress towards building a conference that contains loyal and honest parties.

Everyone wants Missouri gone but they should be held accountable for their actions over the past two years financially. That's a no brainer.
Tell me, ****head, should Texas and Oklahoma and their suck-up schools (meaning the suck-up schools they actually care about) have to pay anything for taking the conference to the brink of ruin when they nearly bolted for the Pac-12?

Or was that Missouri's fault, too?
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #440
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128155
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Try not to discuss the law.

You look even dumber than usual.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Should be interesting.

You can't just **** with people and walk away.

Missouri has done a pretty stupid thing.

Figuring things out has never been MU's strength.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,932
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #441
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Shouldn't be a problem for the Big 12 to easily show that the actions of the departing schools was intentionally meant to damage the conference.

Especially in the case of Missouri where the public statements for desiring a move to the BIG can easily be presented as a harmful act towards a conference that had done nothing but help them progress as an athletic and academic entity.

If Missouri settles quickly we'll know this is the truth.

The Big 12 can then wash their hands of underperforming institutions and progress towards building a conference that contains loyal and honest parties.

Everyone wants Missouri gone but they should be held accountable for their actions over the past two years financially. That's a no brainer.
Mizzou made this move to intentionally damage the conference? That is the dumbest comment I've heard about this whole thing yet, and I read some of WVU's fans' comments.

BTW, who said anything about the B1G? I'd be interested in a link quoting what Mizzou officials said that is harmful to the conference. I thought it was "we are proud members of the Big XII" but I would gladly recalibrate my perspective if evidence to the contrary were presented.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,519
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #442
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128155
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Tell me, ****head, should Texas and Oklahoma and their suck-up schools (meaning the suck-up schools they actually care about) have to pay anything for taking the conference to the brink of ruin when they nearly bolted for the Pac-12?

Or was that Missouri's fault, too?
Oklahoma and Texas made statements publicly indicating that they were interested in moving to the PAC-12?

I admit I hadn't seen any. If they have or did I'd like to see the link because yes, you would be correct.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,932
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #443
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
Oklahoma and Texas made statements publicly indicating that they were interested in moving to the PAC-12?

I admit I hadn't seen any. If they have or did I'd like to see the link because yes, you would be correct.
Oh, so you never heard about this, right?
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #444
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Should be interesting.

You can't just **** with people and walk away.

Missouri has done a pretty stupid thing.

Figuring things out has never been MU's strength.
No, you see - you don't have to wait and see on anything here.

What you said made no sense. Not only did you misstate the proper cause of action, as near as I can tell you didn't actually state proper elements or standards of proof for any real cause of action. I suppose you could stretch it into some kind of tortious interference claim or something, but even still that's probably more of an alternative cause of action than the one you'd actually proceed on (the BoK claim is far easier to make than a tort action would be).

No, you sound like an idiot and we know that in real time. Your analysis was about as useful as my dog banging away at the keyboard would have been. Regardless of how this ultimately plays out, you came nowhere near what the actual justifications for said outcome would be.

No need to wait and see - we can go ahead and call this one now: You are guilty of being a present, material, moron.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #445
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Mizzou made this move to intentionally damage the conference? That is the dumbest comment I've heard about this whole thing yet, and I read some of WVU's fans' comments.

BTW, who said anything about the B1G? I'd be interested in a link quoting what Mizzou officials said that is harmful to the conference. I thought it was "we are proud members of the Big XII" but I would gladly recalibrate my perspective if evidence to the contrary were presented.
not an "official" but I would think think a lawyer could easily group together the governor and the state's flagship institution.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Missouri governor pushes Big Ten move

By Chuck Carlton / Reporter

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon just gave a little more momentum to the Missouri-to-the-Big-Ten rumors.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Nixon, a Missouri grad, endorsed the move and offered some interesting opinions of current Big 12 member institutions.

"I'm not going to say anything bad about the Big 12, but when you compare Oklahoma State to Northwestern, when you compare Texas Tech to Wisconsin, I mean, you begin looking at educational possibilities that are worth looking at," Nixon told the AP.

"If a significant conference with a long history of academic and athletic excellence talks about you joining them, you shouldn't just say, 'We're from the old Big 8 and I remember when ... If they want to talk, we should talk, and we should listen."
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,932
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #446
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
not an "official" but I would think think a lawyer could easily group together the governor and the state's flagship institution.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Missouri governor pushes Big Ten move

By Chuck Carlton / Reporter

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon just gave a little more momentum to the Missouri-to-the-Big-Ten rumors.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Nixon, a Missouri grad, endorsed the move and offered some interesting opinions of current Big 12 member institutions.

"I'm not going to say anything bad about the Big 12, but when you compare Oklahoma State to Northwestern, when you compare Texas Tech to Wisconsin, I mean, you begin looking at educational possibilities that are worth looking at," Nixon told the AP.

"If a significant conference with a long history of academic and athletic excellence talks about you joining them, you shouldn't just say, 'We're from the old Big 8 and I remember when ... If they want to talk, we should talk, and we should listen."
Really. So you're saying Nixon runs the university?
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #447
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
not an "official" but I would think think a lawyer could easily group together the governor and the state's flagship institution.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Missouri governor pushes Big Ten move

By Chuck Carlton / Reporter

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon just gave a little more momentum to the Missouri-to-the-Big-Ten rumors.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Nixon, a Missouri grad, endorsed the move and offered some interesting opinions of current Big 12 member institutions.

"I'm not going to say anything bad about the Big 12, but when you compare Oklahoma State to Northwestern, when you compare Texas Tech to Wisconsin, I mean, you begin looking at educational possibilities that are worth looking at," Nixon told the AP.

"If a significant conference with a long history of academic and athletic excellence talks about you joining them, you shouldn't just say, 'We're from the old Big 8 and I remember when ... If they want to talk, we should talk, and we should listen."
AWESOME!

Now we're imparting vicarious liability from the Governor onto the University?!?!? I'm not even going to go into the ways that would be legally impossible in this instance, but trust me - it is.

Jesus Christ, please stop. I'm begging you, just stop. You clearly have no earthly idea what you're talking about. Again - we don't have to wait and see, we can affirmatively state right now that you have no goddamn clue what you're talking about.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #448
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Really. So you're saying Nixon runs the university?
Fantastic, isn't it?

We've gone from a mere BoK action, to a claim of tortious interference (I guess), to what now has to amount to a wholesale, statewide conspiracy whereupon Jay Nixon was either an agent in the employ of the University or evidently the ringleader of active fraud perpetrated by the University against the IIX, giving rise to conspiratorial liability for each one of them.

Jay better get his Lawyers on the phone - Wicklock has him by the balls on this one.

**** me - he and Braincase are in retard-off over the last 12 hours, aren't they? It's like Wickedson saw the degree of Braincase's trolling and thought to himself "how can I appear to be even more mindless than him?"

Congrats, chief - I think you've managed.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #449
Bambi Bambi is online now
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128155
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Oh, so you never heard about this, right?
I've read lots of blogs over the past 2 years.

Shit, I remember back in the 90's when the the Big 10 was talking about trying to Kansas and Missouri.

None of the talk equals what Missouri has been doing over the past 2 years. But it's not my job to prove that in court.

I don't remember seeing anything concrete about a school or state official saying publicly that OK and UT wanted to join the PAC-12. Only bloggers.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,932
Bambi has disabled reputation
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #450
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedson View Post
I've read lots of blogs over the past 2 years.

Shit, I remember back in the 90's when the the Big 10 was talking about trying to Kansas and Missouri.

None of the talk equals what Missouri has been doing over the past 2 years. But it's not my job to prove that in court.

I don't remember seeing anything concrete about a school or state official saying publicly that OK and UT wanted to join the PAC-12. Only bloggers.
Sit the next couple out, champ.

Let this roll over to the next page and maybe you can act like the last 15 minutes never happened.

I just got off the phone with Jay and I'm advising him to do the same thing.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.