Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $5000
Neighborhood watch captain shoots innocent black youth and doesn't even get arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida...044537742.html




ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community's newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

(Editing By Cynthia Johnston and Peter Bohan)

Last edited by Bump; 07-12-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #1726
InChiefsHell InChiefsHell is offline
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!
 
InChiefsHell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Casino cash: $5835
This is gonna get ugly as hell. If he's found not guilty, it's Rodney King 2.0.
__________________

We have a million reasons for failure, but not one excuse...
Die Donks, DIE!!

A quote:
"Oh well, there's always next year. We'll be better then, you'll see..." - Every Chiefs fan for the last 42...crap...43 years...

Quit listening to all that crappy new music and check out HEADSTRONG!
Posts: 12,909
InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.InChiefsHell is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #1727
go bowe go bowe is offline
bye bye bo...
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Yes because someone died, we MUST as a society rush to a judgment, convict and sentence someone without affording them the opportunity to present a defense.. I believe it is in the constitution somehwhere where you lose your right to be presumed innocent if a member of the opposite race dies.
wtf does race have to do with it?

you've called me a racist even though i have never brought up race in the discussion...

you must be either too stupid to comprehend written english or just determined to make race an issue no matter who you're talking to...

i have not convicted anybody, i have expressed my opinion based on the available evidence...

if that's discomfiting to you, color me pleased...

you may now return to your, shall we say, quite interesting legal theories and clever and original insults...

we sit at your feet, master...

open our eyes to the truth...
Posts: 30,005
go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #1728
AndChiefs AndChiefs is online now
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $55
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
wtf does race have to do with it?

you've called me a racist even though i have never brought up race in the discussion...

you must be either too stupid to comprehend written english or just determined to make race an issue no matter who you're talking to...

i have not convicted anybody, i have expressed my opinion based on the available evidence...

if that's discomfiting to you, color me pleased...

you may now return to your, shall we say, quite interesting legal theories and clever and original insults...

we sit at your feet, master...

open our eyes to the truth...
Racist.
__________________
Posts: 4,858
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #1729
go bowe go bowe is offline
bye bye bo...
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairplay View Post
Thats what Obama said the other day my friend.
o really?

not like it's been plastered over every news joint on the internet or anything...

or are you suggesting that obama said one of my sons looks a little like zimmerman?
Posts: 30,005
go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #1730
go bowe go bowe is offline
bye bye bo...
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndChiefs View Post
Racist.
cracker!!
Posts: 30,005
go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #1731
AndChiefs AndChiefs is online now
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $55
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
cracker!!
__________________
Posts: 4,858
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #1732
blaise blaise is online now
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $5445
Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
This is gonna get ugly as hell. If he's found not guilty, it's Rodney King 2.0.
Well, that seems to be the thing. People are saying they're calling for justice, but what they're calling for is a conviction, and that's different.
I don't see any good reason why this kid had to die that night, and it all started with Zimmerman leaving the house with his gun, but that doesn't mean justice is only served if Zimmerman gets convicted.
It's just not the way the system works.
Posts: 20,355
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1733
Radar Chief Radar Chief is online now
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $5240
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
o really?

not like it's been plastered over every news joint on the internet or anything...

or are you suggesting that obama said one of my sons looks a little like zimmerman?
Father to son: Son, someday you’ll have children of your own.
Son to father: Dad, someday you will too. /Old Benny Hill joke
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,358
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #1734
Comrade Crapski Comrade Crapski is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sea of Green 23.4°
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Trayvon was suspended for having a baggie that had contained weed in it at school.
Actually, we still don't know why he was suspended, the source of the "baggie" story is a friend of the family.
Posts: 3,833
Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.Comrade Crapski is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #1735
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $7642
Ok I found this map, its clearly got some bias on it so you can probably ignore anything it actually says BUT the jogging path thingy is an interesting physical feature, and could explain why Z got out of his car etc...

ANyhow I'm pretty much done arguing in this thread, since it seems like 99% of people have their minds made up.

It really saddens me that people are so quick to want revenge and vengeance instead of justice. I guess its because justice is so complicated and often unsatisfying. Especially in a case like this where justice will only serve to make the family more angry (because it wont be murder) and will likely be harsher than other manslaughter type cases because of the racial issues, politics and media bias that we have seen thus far.
Its easy to be outraged by Trayvon's death , but to me it is just as outrageous all of the things the media has done to demonize Zimmerman and make Martin look angelic.
This is one of the most tragic things I have seen in my life, I guess that is what makes it fascinating.

I guess the bottom line is there is really no way of convincing people who have extreme views one way or the other to take a breath and wait for the complete story before passing judgment. Since most reasonable people already do that, my time spent in this thread is pretty much wasted.

Anyhow here is the map, it might be junk, maybe it sheds light on the geography...who knows.

Anyhow , whatever 'side' you are on....Try and wait till everything comes out April 10th before you completely make up your mind. Even if you just keep 49% open mind and 51% closed.

Pawnmower Out.

__________________
-------------------
(Your company name here)
Posts: 14,040
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #1736
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $7642
Quote:
Originally Posted by go bowe View Post
you've called me a racist even though i have never brought up race in the discussion...
I actually said racist or facist.

For some reason you wish to deny Zimmerman his rights, but you can go ahead and pretend otherwise, I don't have time to show stupid people like you obvious shit any more.

Denying people of their rights is usually based on simnple fascism or some other kind of bias. Maybe you hate jews? I have no idea why....but to not afford him the presumption of innocence is one of those things. SOrry...
__________________
-------------------
(Your company name here)
Posts: 14,040
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #1737
go bowe go bowe is offline
bye bye bo...
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $5197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
I actually said racist or facist.

For some reason you wish to deny Zimmerman his rights, but you can go ahead and pretend otherwise, I don't have time to show stupid people like you obvious shit any more.

Denying people of their rights is usually based on simnple fascism or some other kind of bias. Maybe you hate jews? I have no idea why....but to not afford him the presumption of innocence is one of those things. SOrry...
thank god!!!
Posts: 30,005
go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.go bowe 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1738
philfree philfree is offline
Indian Twitter
 
philfree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Free Agency
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Ok I found this map, its clearly got some bias on it so you can probably ignore anything it actually says BUT the jogging path thingy is an interesting physical feature, and could explain why Z got out of his car etc...

ANyhow I'm pretty much done arguing in this thread, since it seems like 99% of people have their minds made up.

It really saddens me that people are so quick to want revenge and vengeance instead of justice. I guess its because justice is so complicated and often unsatisfying. Especially in a case like this where justice will only serve to make the family more angry (because it wont be murder) and will likely be harsher than other manslaughter type cases because of the racial issues, politics and media bias that we have seen thus far.
Its easy to be outraged by Trayvon's death , but to me it is just as outrageous all of the things the media has done to demonize Zimmerman and make Martin look angelic.
This is one of the most tragic things I have seen in my life, I guess that is what makes it fascinating.

I guess the bottom line is there is really no way of convincing people who have extreme views one way or the other to take a breath and wait for the complete story before passing judgment. Since most reasonable people already do that, my time spent in this thread is pretty much wasted.

Anyhow here is the map, it might be junk, maybe it sheds light on the geography...who knows.

Anyhow , whatever 'side' you are on....Try and wait till everything comes out April 10th before you completely make up your mind. Even if you just keep 49% open mind and 51% closed.

Pawnmower Out.

So these are some facts? The kid was hiding from him and then attacked from behind?
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
Posts: 9,873
philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.philfree Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #1739
Predarat Predarat is offline
Run Chiefs fans, run!!
 
Predarat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Casino cash: $5210
What the hell is he doing to that fat boy?
Posts: 9,080
Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Predarat is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #1740
Chiefnj2 Chiefnj2 is offline
MVP
 
Chiefnj2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Casino cash: $5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
What the hell is he doing to that fat boy?
Maybe that's why Zimmerman was mad. He didn't get the fat kid reach around.
__________________
Seahawks 2012 & Forever. No more waiting on a QB.
Posts: 17,443
Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Chiefnj2 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.