Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $5000
Neighborhood watch captain shoots innocent black youth and doesn't even get arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida...044537742.html




ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community's newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

(Editing By Cynthia Johnston and Peter Bohan)

Last edited by Bump; 07-12-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #4201
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan View Post
Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- Trayvon Martin's familiarity with guns, his marijuana use, and fights he may have been in cannot be brought up in George Zimmerman's murder trial, the judge overseeing the case ruled Tuesday.

At the hearing two weeks before the scheduled start of the trial, Judge Debra Nelson handed a series of victories to the prosecution when she barred the defense from introducing some information about Martin.

Defense attorneys argued that some of the evidence could prove crucial in backing up Zimmerman's claim of self-defense, depending on what the prosecution argues.

Certain evidence could ultimately be raised during the trial, however, if it is proven relevant and admissible based on what the prosecution presents, the judge decided.

Follow a live blog of Tuesday's hearing at HLNTV.com

Nelson left the door open on one issue involving marijuana. Defense attorneys say toxicology tests show Martin had enough THC -- the key active ingredient in marijuana -- in his system to indicate he may have smoked the drug a couple of hours before the shooting. Nelson barred any mention of this from opening statements, but said she will rule later on whether it will be admissible after she hears defense experts' testimony about the marijuana use.
New photos in Trayvon Martin case New photos in Trayvon Martin case
George Zimmerman back in court

Marijuana use in general can come up during jury selection, the judge said.

The attorneys also cannot bring up Martin's text messages. The defense argued that texts from the day of the shooting show the teen was "hostile." The judge also agreed to block previous text messages from Martin about drugs and a gun.

Zimmerman, who is out on bail, did not appear at the hearing.

He's charged with second-degree murder in the February 26, 2012, shooting. He was a neighborhood watch volunteer when he called 911 reporting "a suspicious person" in the neighborhood, who turned out to be 17-year-old Martin.

Defense: State didn't turn over some evidence

Nelson did agree, however, to a key request from the defense: to hold a hearing on whether the state failed to turn over some evidence.

The defense called Wesley White, a former employee of the state attorney's office, who said the prosecution did not turn over certain photos -- including one of a firearm in someone's hand -- as well as some deleted text messages.

Nelson agreed to subpoena the state IT investigator who allegedly issued a report about the photos and text messages.

But she denied a defense request for a delay in the start of the trial. Jury selection will begin June 10, she said.

Nelson also granted the prosecution's motion to bar evidence about why it took so long to arrest Zimmerman.

She denied a defense motion asking that the jury be taken to the crime scene, and called it "disingenuous" in light of another defense motion requesting anonymity for the jury.

The jurors' faces will not be shown by media, and they will be referred to by their number only, she said.

After arguments by an attorney representing media outlets, however, Nelson set a hearing for Friday to determine whether the media will be able to shoot video or photos of the jury.

Gun, drug texts feature in new evidence

Judge to rule on screaming heard in 911 calls

Defense attorneys also raised questions Tuesday about an analysis that suggests Martin might be heard screaming in the background of a 911 call just before the shooting.

Voice identification experts hired by the prosecution say that they don't know for certain whose voice it is, and that there isn't enough sound to make a conclusive determination.

One analyst, Alan Reich, said he believes Martin can be heard saying the word "stop."

Reich told the Washington Post that he believes the voice is Martin, but another analyst told the Post that no determination can be made.

Defense attorneys said Tuesday that in a deposition on Friday, Reich said he had not completed his report and would need another two weeks.

The defense does not want Reich's analysis admitted.

Judge Nelson ruled that in a hearing at the end of next week, the science being used for voice identification will be discussed, and she will determine whether it is admissible at trial.

If she approves the science as admissible, there's still another barrier for either side to present witnesses using that science. Once the trial begins, when either side wants to call a witness who conducted such an analysis, the judge will consider whether the scientist's qualifications give him or her adequate expertise to weigh in.

Zimmerman will not seek 'stand your ground' hearing

No gold teeth

While defense attorneys had argued in court papers that they may want other details about Martin admitted -- including an assertion that he had removable gold tooth caps -- they agreed Tuesday that they don't expect it to become relevant at trial.

Nelson ruled there will be no such mention in the trial.

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin's family, previously lashed out against the prosecution for trying to get such details admitted.

"Is the defense trying to prove Trayvon deserved to be killed by George Zimmerman because (of) the way he looked?" Crump asked in a statement. "If so, this stereotypical and closed-minded thinking is the same mindset that caused George Zimmerman to get out of his car and pursue Trayvon, an unarmed kid who he didn't know."

Zimmerman's brother: Drop murder charge

After the hearing, Robert Zimmerman, brother of George, called on the state to drop the second-degree murder charge.

"George lived in a community plagued by crime and was the first to come forward to help his neighbors," he said. "George is a good, decent and honest man. It is now my honor to advocate for him. George is in the fight of his life quite literally. As the oldest son, the only right thing for me to do is deliver him back to our parents. The only right way to do it is by relying on truth. We are not a wealthy family but we are rich in honor."

Authorities initially "did their job when they refused to charge someone with a crime who had committed no crime," Robert Zimmerman said. "In this country, you don't charge someone with any crime solely to assuage the concerns of misinformed masses."

Daryl Parks, another attorney for the Martin family, praised Tuesday's hearing.

"Without question, today was a very important day in this case," he said.

"What was rather clear: All of the bad information put out by the defense team will not be evidence in this case," Parks added.

None of the information that was barred, he argued, "had anything to do" with the confrontation that led to Trayvon Martin being killed.


http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/28/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
There are a few things in there I can understand. Trayvon having gold teeth should have no bearing on the case and should be denied.

If using texts and comments, etc... are barred, that's downright criminal, as it's important to understand Trayvon's history and pattern of behavior. I'm wondering if there's something shady about the way the evidence was presented, if the judge plans on barring this evidence entirely, or what. For now, it's a headscratcher.
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #4202
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $6152
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
You Think... Did you come to this conclusion after the botched photos, altered audio of the 911 call or the biggest racist lynching since everybody thought OJ was guilty?
You clearly are paying much more attention to this than I am. As I have said Zimmerman's actions give me pause. I have also stated that this is political and I think he catches a manslaughter rap of some sort. I would have liked to have had all the evidence presented for a fair trial. It appears that will not be the case which only confirms my belief that he will be doing some time~
__________________
There are several ways to view the world we live in. I personally enjoy it with the wind in my face and the vibration of my bike beneath me~
Posts: 24,101
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #4203
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Because a person's history has nothing to do with what he will do in the future.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Complete bullshit. I have posted several times that the actions of Zimmerman give me pause. That said it appears they are stacking the deck on this guy~
This is standard procedure under the rules of evidence because they don't want people losing lawsuits (or being convicted in a criminal situation) based on the fact that they used to be a bad person. Evidence is only allowed if it's specifically relevant to the issue at hand.

Having said that, there are some circumstances under which this type of evidence can be admitted. I'm not the best person to describe all the possibilities, so I'll leave that for someone else.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #4204
Garcia Bronco Garcia Bronco is offline
No Keys, No Problem
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Denver
Casino cash: $5847
Either way...if you consider Zimmerman's past then you must logically consider Martin's past as well.
Posts: 22,192
Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #4205
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $6152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Either way...if you consider Zimmerman's past then you must logically consider Martin's past as well.
Pretty much how I see it. I am not a lawyer and know little about the rules regarding evidence. It just appears to me that the deck is being stacked against Zimmerman~
__________________
There are several ways to view the world we live in. I personally enjoy it with the wind in my face and the vibration of my bike beneath me~
Posts: 24,101
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #4206
Garcia Bronco Garcia Bronco is offline
No Keys, No Problem
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Denver
Casino cash: $5847
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Pretty much how I see it. I am not a lawyer and know little about the rules regarding evidence. It just appears to me that the deck is being stacked against Zimmerman~
Absolutely.
Posts: 22,192
Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #4207
duncan_idaho duncan_idaho is offline
M-I-Z-Z-O-U
 
duncan_idaho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $6502
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Pretty much how I see it. I am not a lawyer and know little about the rules regarding evidence. It just appears to me that the deck is being stacked against Zimmerman~
My understanding (from sleeping next to a prosecutor every night) is that it is all about relevance to the trial and how clear it is. This is a subjective thing, and one of the primary ways a judge affects criminal cases.

Zimmerman's history of following people, and incidents in which he exhibited poor judgment/a hot temper, have clear relevance to the situation.

Martin having gold teeth, or having trouble at school have less clear relevance. Same thing with comments on his twitter feed (unless there is something there that relates to fighting/beating people up/etc. I'm not sure if that exists or not).

Ultimately, murder 2 sounds like a stretch. The guy will probably get a lesser degree of manslaughter, and - honestly - I think that's about right.

Zimmerman created the situation and an unarmed kid died because of it. That's hard to circumvent.

One side note:

The way the prosecution presents Martin can also open up Martin's background as evidence. If they try to paint him as a squeaky-clean good kid, the defense will have its in.
__________________
"You gotta love livin', cause dying is a pain in the ass."
---- Sinatra
Posts: 7,953
duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.duncan_idaho has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #4208
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $6152
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
My understanding (from sleeping next to a prosecutor every night) is that it is all about relevance to the trial and how clear it is. This is a subjective thing, and one of the primary ways a judge affects criminal cases.

Zimmerman's history of following people, and incidents in which he exhibited poor judgment/a hot temper, have clear relevance to the situation.

Martin having gold teeth, or having trouble at school have less clear relevance. Same thing with comments on his twitter feed (unless there is something there that relates to fighting/beating people up/etc. I'm not sure if that exists or not).

Ultimately, murder 2 sounds like a stretch. The guy will probably get a lesser degree of manslaughter, and - honestly - I think that's about right.

Zimmerman created the situation and an unarmed kid died because of it. That's hard to circumvent.

One side note:

The way the prosecution presents Martin can also open up Martin's background as evidence. If they try to paint him as a squeaky-clean good kid, the defense will have its in.
I could careless about the teeth, but actions by the kid speak to how he reacted also. Texts leading up to the shooting are relevant IMO as is any confrontations he has engaged in. I have caught some grief for my stance of questioning Zimmerman's actions. I also have predicted he will catch some sort of manslaughter rap.
This is looking more and more like a fixed deal. I have not seen all of the evidence so I cannot speak to how I would vote on a jury. This thing started out with threats of violence against white people along with shitbags like Sharpton stirring emotions. Just read the OP. I is looking more and more like people are intimidated and they are doing everything they can to get a politically correct outcome~
__________________
There are several ways to view the world we live in. I personally enjoy it with the wind in my face and the vibration of my bike beneath me~
Posts: 24,101
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #4209
stonedstooge stonedstooge is offline
Arf! Arf! Arf!
 
stonedstooge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North
Casino cash: $9446
Zimmerman's just lucky he's not White White instead of Hispanic White
__________________
2013 ADOPT A CHIEF
Eric Kush




"Often is a word I seldom use"--JP
Posts: 20,832
stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.stonedstooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #4210
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
I don't think GZ was brave enough to confront TM with or without a gun... I think TM pushed the situation and unfortunately cost him his life.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,293
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #4211
RaiderH8r RaiderH8r is offline
Now it's Willie Time!
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Beating hippies
Casino cash: $5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Pretty much how I see it. I am not a lawyer and know little about the rules regarding evidence. It just appears to me that the deck is being stacked against Zimmerman~
This guy's goose is cooked. There is no way he doesn't get convicted. Can you imagine the riots if Z walks?
__________________
You may think RaiderH8r is just a thinker. But Im not just a thinker. Im a doer. Every day I go out there, and rev that engine, fire it up, grab a hold of that line between speed and chaos, and wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra. And when the fear rises up in my belly, I use it. Fear is powerful, because its been there for billions of years. And it is good. And I use it. And I ride it; I ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell.
Posts: 3,226
RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RaiderH8r Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #4212
-King- -King- is offline
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
 
-King-'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Casino cash: $9053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
If he was a good lil boy he would have ran home & called the cops on Zimmerman.
But he was just another black kid with a gangster rap attitude. The second his heart stopped beating America became a better place.
Wow.
__________________
43-8
Posts: 39,293
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #4213
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
This is standard procedure under the rules of evidence because they don't want people losing lawsuits (or being convicted in a criminal situation) based on the fact that they used to be a bad person. Evidence is only allowed if it's specifically relevant to the issue at hand.

Having said that, there are some circumstances under which this type of evidence can be admitted. I'm not the best person to describe all the possibilities, so I'll leave that for someone else.
I have a feeling it will be admitted. If the toxicology report shows marijuana in his bloodstream, then I'm sure his drug use becomes relevant. If the prosecution paints him as a choir boy, then I'm sure this becomes admissable. Seems like a tactic by GZ's lawyers to sway public opinion, and it's a smart one and in fairness a necessary thing to do given the unfair bias against GZ by the media.

If I'm not mistaken, GZ's myspace and social media profiles are not yet admissable, so I guess it's not fair to say the deck is stacked either way... yet. It might be an interesting game to play to see if either side is willing to talk about their client's character, because both open up a rabbit hole for each side to talk about shady pasts.
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #4214
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I have a feeling it will be admitted. If the toxicology report shows marijuana in his bloodstream, then I'm sure his drug use becomes relevant. If the prosecution paints him as a choir boy, then I'm sure this becomes admissable. Seems like a tactic by GZ's lawyers to sway public opinion, and it's a smart one and in fairness a necessary thing to do given the unfair bias against GZ by the media.

If I'm not mistaken, GZ's myspace and social media profiles are not yet admissable, so I guess it's not fair to say the deck is stacked either way... yet. It might be an interesting game to play to see if either side is willing to talk about their client's character, because both open up a rabbit hole for each side to talk about shady pasts.
It's weird how you're trying to turn this into a GZ conspiracy.

It will be easier for the prosecution to get this extraneous character stuff in against GZ if GZ testifies, and in all likelihood he'll have to, because his ability to testify honestly will be an issue. That won't happen with Trayvon.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #4215
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
It's weird how you're trying to turn this into a GZ conspiracy.

It will be easier for the prosecution to get this extraneous character stuff in against GZ if GZ testifies, and in all likelihood he'll have to, because his ability to testify honestly will be an issue. That won't happen with Trayvon.
What are you talking about? I'm just re-confirming your point that the admission of evidence will probably be based on the direction the case goes, and what arguments the defense and the prosecution make. I've already said that the Trayvon drug behavior will probably be admitted if his toxicology report showed drug usage and that it would be criminal not to admit Trayvon's comments about guns and violence. Because they're absolutely relevant to the way Trayvon may have acted that night.

I was pointing to the GZ social media angle to back your point that the judge is probably witholding some evidence for BOTH sides until they become pertinent to the case.
Posts: 20,302
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.