Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $61200
Neighborhood watch captain shoots innocent black youth and doesn't even get arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida...044537742.html




ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community's newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

(Editing By Cynthia Johnston and Peter Bohan)

Last edited by Bump; 07-12-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #5266
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Judge rules that manslaugther can be consider. State drops aggravated assault charge and is asking Judge to allow 3rd degree murder felony charge. Arguing the Zimmerman committed child abuse.

This sounds ridiculous
O.M.G. Anything to hang the guy. What kangaroo court!
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #5267
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
You say it as if it's a fact. It isn't. Zimmerman told a story about what he was doing and there was no evidence to prove he was lying, nor was there evidence to prove he was telling the truth.
I thought more about what you posted here last night. So in addition to what I already responded with to you on this point, if there is no evidence in that gap period you mention, either way—the fact that other parts where there is corroborating evidence can only suggest his version of events were true. It therefore, makes him credible. That and his story never wavered. That's usually a reliable sign a person is being truthful, even if not absolute.

If I were on the jury, I'd vote "not guilty" on all charges. If it hangs, I'd do my best in that room to persuade those unconvinced why.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 07-11-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #5268
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Judge rules that manslaugther can be consider. State drops aggravated assault charge and is asking Judge to allow 3rd degree murder felony charge. Arguing the Zimmerman committed child abuse.

This sounds ridiculous
I don't even see how Third Degree fits—at all!

Definition of Third Degree Murder

The crime of Third Degree Murder occurs when you unintentionally kill a person while committing, or attempting to commit, a non-violent felony.
What was Zimmerman's non-violent felony?
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #5269
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
He pulled the trigger on purpose so I dont see how it could be involuntary. And since it was in self defense I cant see voluntary. The jury would have to think that way though.
Well, this is the state, and the same general area, that did not find Casey Anthony guilty.

Then again, it is an all female jury and women can rely on sympathy allowing that emotion to cloud their judgement.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #5270
Garcia Bronco Garcia Bronco is offline
No Keys, No Problem
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Denver
Casino cash: $74769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I don't even see how Third Degree fits—at all!

Definition of Third Degree Murder

The crime of Third Degree Murder occurs when you unintentionally kill a person while committing, or attempting to commit, a non-violent felony.
What was Zimmerman's non-violent felony?
The proc is arguing Child Abuse.
Posts: 21,856
Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Garcia Bronco Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #5271
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Here are my observations from watching the commentators on Fox, particularly on Greta's show.

The ones that think Z is guilty, so far, have all expressed that Zimmerman was a racist and hold to the profiling issue because as one lady said, that's what happens to blacks. ( The latter of which I can agree with at times.) Anyhow, so much for reason being used. That's just reverse prejudice. She'd never get on the jury. That was the red haired lawyer too. He doesn't believe Z because he's likely a racist. None of this is based on fact but is speculation.

Then there was Greta's usual forensic guy, Baden. Earlier in the trial, he was going on and on about how he grew up in his area where guys got into fist fights and yet no one pulled a gun. Then look at how old he is? In his day, one of the worst things a kid could do in school was stick gum under the desk. Today kids come to school with guns and shoot a bunch of other students. So his day, the culture wasn't as coarse.

This is what I see, so far, in those who jumped on Z being guilty from the start and have NEVER let go of it: They either have a problem with guns, or gun use or are race hustlers. I can at least cut slack for blacks feeling like it's race, because I think there have been abuses in the past that they carry around with them as a chip on their shoulders. But I think what happens is they view it as a generality, as in every situation is identical, so that it's true in all cases. It isn't.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #5272
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
O.M.G. Anything to hang the guy. What kangaroo court!
They're just trying to stave off the inevitable riots. Good luck with that.

BTW, this is the 209th anniversary of the Hamilton/Burr duel. Celebrate with a beer at lunch.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #5273
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The proc is arguing Child Abuse.
Yeah, that's even more far-fetched.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #5274
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
They're just trying to stave off the inevitable riots. Good luck with that.

BTW, this is the 209th anniversary of the Hamilton/Burr duel. Celebrate with a beer at lunch.
I'm not a Hammy fan though. Remember? ( See my avy!)
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #5275
Chief Gump Chief Gump is offline
Run dumb ass run
 
Chief Gump's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Casino cash: $11717
Did anyone see the interview with the original Chief of Police that was in charge before everyone went full retard? If you didn't you should check it out on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...-long-intv.cnn

He basically stated that they just kept preassuring him to make arrest even if he didn't have the evidence to support an arrest. He also stated the way they handled the audio tapes was complete BS as well. He said they should have never played the audio to a large group. It should have been done individually and it should have been done while police were present. He said the mayor of the city basically told him they were going to do it even though he advised against it.
Posts: 422
Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.Chief Gump is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #5276
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I'm not a Hammy fan though. Remember? ( See my avy!)
Uh, Hamilton lost.
Posts: 91,143
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #5277
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
Quit white knighting for Pea,
Are you kidding me? Mikey will let loose on me if he thinks it's warranted. He has plenty of times.
You're not in DC often, are ya'? Just maybe, he happens to see the same thing about this case that many others see.

Quote:
I have already said after seeing the evidence I would have to find him not guilty of murder because as I understand the law the prosecutor didn't prove that Zimmerman acted in anything other than self defense. But IMHO his actions started the entire chain of events.
Okay, I can deal with that. I just don't think his actions were nefarious, based on recent events there. I mean so what? Trayvon still didn't have to back track either. Or punch him.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #5278
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Uh, Hamilton lost.
I thought you were mourning his death.

Besides the damage was already done by him with his first Bank of the US.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #5279
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gump View Post
Did anyone see the interview with the original Chief of Police that was in charge before everyone went full retard? If you didn't you should check it out on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...-long-intv.cnn

He basically stated that they just kept preassuring him to make arrest even if he didn't have the evidence to support an arrest. He also stated the way they handled the audio tapes was complete BS as well. He said they should have never played the audio to a large group. It should have been done individually and it should have been done while police were present. He said the mayor of the city basically told him they were going to do it even though he advised against it.
I didn't see that one. However, I read all about the political pressures brought to bear on them.
I remember at the time the story broke, or just after, seeing Dershowitz on TV even saying it was political and that it was a valid self-defense case. He's a huge liberal too.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,193
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #5280
chiefzilla1501 chiefzilla1501 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Casino cash: $121717
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Here are my observations from watching the commentators on Fox, particularly on Greta's show.

The ones that think Z is guilty, so far, have all expressed that Zimmerman was a racist and hold to the profiling issue because as one lady said, that's what happens to blacks. ( The latter of which I can agree with at times.) Anyhow, so much for reason being used. That's just reverse prejudice. She'd never get on the jury. That was the red haired lawyer too. He doesn't believe Z because he's likely a racist. None of this is based on fact but is speculation.

Then there was Greta's usual forensic guy, Baden. Earlier in the trial, he was going on and on about how he grew up in his area where guys got into fist fights and yet no one pulled a gun. Then look at how old he is? In his day, one of the worst things a kid could do in school was stick gum under the desk. Today kids come to school with guns and shoot a bunch of other students. So his day, the culture wasn't as coarse.

This is what I see, so far, in those who jumped on Z being guilty from the start and have NEVER let go of it: They either have a problem with guns, or gun use or are race hustlers. I can at least cut slack for blacks feeling like it's race, because I think there have been abuses in the past that they carry around with them as a chip on their shoulders. But I think what happens is they view it as a generality, as in every situation is identical, so that it's true in all cases. It isn't.
I am neither of the above but understand where you are coming from. I dont think z is a racist. I dont havr a problem with guns. I dont think z was out for blood.
this isnt about race or guns. its a shame thats the case
Posts: 18,911
chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.chiefzilla1501 is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.