Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM  
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $61250
Neighborhood watch captain shoots innocent black youth and doesn't even get arrested

http://news.yahoo.com/family-florida...044537742.html




ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

[Related: Fla. teen avoids deportation]

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Zimmerman could not be reached for comment on Wednesday evening at a phone number listed for him on the community's newsletter.

Crump said the family was concerned that police might decide to consider the shooting as self defense, and that police have ignored the family's request for a copy of the original 911 call, which they think will shed light on the incidents.

"If the 911 protocol across the country held to form here, they told him not to get involved. He disobeyed that order," said Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the family.

"He (Zimmerman) didn't have to get out of his car," said Crump, who has prepared a public records lawsuit to file on Thursday if the family doesn't get the 911 tape. "If he never gets out of his car, there is no reason for self-defense. Trayvon only has skittles. He has the gun."

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

"Why is this kid suspicious in the first place? I think a stereotype must have been placed on the kid," Crump said.

(Editing By Cynthia Johnston and Peter Bohan)

Last edited by Bump; 07-12-2013 at 11:19 PM..
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #796
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief View Post
According to his math teacher it was for excessive tardiness. His teacher could be lying.
I think this can happen...it seems fairly rare though. Normal procedure is an 'in school suspension' where they have all the tardy delinquents get togther in a detention class all day.

Normally you have to get kicked out or not show up to the 'in-school' suspension to get a real suspension.

Even then, if youre just late they would usually add a day to the in-school suspension because getting the day off school is a reward to most truants.

I would reckon he may have been kicked out of an in-school suspension for tardiness...but that is speculation. I highly doubt the out-of school suspension was for pure tardiness though.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,174
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #797
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief View Post
Well the New York Times is reporting that he has no criminal record. You'll have to ask them how they know that if it's sealed.
They also reported that zimmerman was white LOL...but of course I would tend to believe them..

I'm just asking how you knew.....clearly you seem to have your mind made up I mean why do you bother even talking about this?
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,174
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #798
Mr. Plow Mr. Plow is offline
Bitterness
 
Mr. Plow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mmmmmm....Forbidden Donut
Casino cash: $607056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Of course you don't. You don't get to beat my ass, though.
If you're following me for no ****ing reason, I have the right to defend myself if I feel threatened.
Posts: 23,743
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #799
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
If you're following me for no ****ing reason, I have the right to defend myself if I feel threatened.
That probably wouldn't fly in court, you'd likely end up with assault charges, assuming you 'won' the physical fight.

I don't think you can just punch someone in the face if you think theyre following you.....MAYBE if you say, "Hey stop following me, I am warning you..." Or something....

But to just attack someone who you perceive to be following you I do not believe is a "right".

It is called assault.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,174
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #800
Valiant Valiant is offline
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'
 
Valiant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $80874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
They also reported that zimmerman was white LOL...but of course I would tend to believe them..

I'm just asking how you knew.....clearly you seem to have your mind made up I mean why do you bother even talking about this?
They are still reporting Zimmerman as white to stir the pot more.. ABCnews this morning on their sight that the NCAAP was getting involved with other black celebrities to calm the storm of a white guy killing a black kid..

To make it worse they had pictures of the two underneath the paragraph..
Posts: 14,718
Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.Valiant wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #801
Mr. Plow Mr. Plow is offline
Bitterness
 
Mr. Plow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mmmmmm....Forbidden Donut
Casino cash: $607056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
That probably wouldn't fly in court, you'd likely end up with assault charges, assuming you 'won' the physical fight.

I don't think you can just punch someone in the face if you think theyre following you.....MAYBE if you say, "Hey stop following me, I am warning you..." Or something....

But to just attack someone who you perceive to be following you I do not believe is a "right".

It is called assault.
I'm not talking about walking down a street, seeing someone behind me and just turning around and punching them.

I'm talking about someone obviously following/tailing/stalking me for whatever ****ing reason and then when approached by said person, protecting myself. If that means I end up with an assault charge, fine. I'll protect myself, or my family from any perceived threat.
Posts: 23,743
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #802
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I'm not talking about walking down a street, seeing someone behind me and just turning around and punching them.

I'm talking about someone obviously following/tailing/stalking me for whatever ****ing reason and then when approached by said person, protecting myself. If that means I end up with an assault charge, fine. I'll protect myself, or my family from any perceived threat.
Well if you're prepared to accept the assault charge, civil suit, and possibly end up in a casket like Trayvon Martin, by all means continue to assault people who 'approach' you. (And watch as no charges are filed and they have to explain to your family that you are a moron).

Just don't kid yourself that it is a lawful act, it isn't. You don't really have the 'right' to do that, although you have the free will to do so.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,174
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Mr. Plow
This message has been deleted by Mr. Plow. Reason: Not worth it...nevermind.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #803
scott free scott free is offline
ask for it by name
 
scott free's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $3185457
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
You go right ahead, turn and get testy. See what happens.
I have, and will again if i have to, you're not talking to Pointdexter.
Posts: 26,543
scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #804
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
So because there's no evidence that he DIDN'T do something, we should assume that he did even if there's no evidence that he DID?
There's a kid dead because of this guy's gun who shouldn't be. yeah, I'm going to assume the worst.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #805
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
There's a kid dead because of this guy's gun who shouldn't be. yeah, I'm going to assume the worst.
Sadly your views probably represent the majoirty.

Thankfully the bill of rights / constitution wasn't written by idiots like you or the majoity. They were actually written by thoughtful people....


"Something bad happened, someone must pay!!@@!@@@@"
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,174
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #806
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Sadly your views probably represent the majoirty.

Thankfully the bill of rights / constitution wasn't written by idiots like you or the majoity. They were actually written by thoughtful people....


"Something bad happened, someone must pay!!@@!@@@@"
How does my having an opinion about this affect this "man" and his right to due process? Or was that just an excuse for you to engage in braindead name-calling?
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #807
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
How does my having an opinion about this affect this "man" and his right to due process? Or was that just an excuse for you to engage in braindead name-calling?
I understood our opinion is that you "assume the worst"...about Zimmerman.

What is the worst in this case?

"The worst" would be that Zimmerman tracked this kid down and killed him in cold blood, racially motivated.

Therefore you 'assume' that he is guilty of Murder 1, at least.

Do you agree so far? Do I have your words correctly?

If so you are ****ing retarded.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,174
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #808
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
I understood our opinion is that you 'assume' "the worst"...

What is the worst in this case?

"The worst" would be that Zimmerman tracked this kid down and killed him in cold blood, racially motivated.

Therefore you 'assume' that he is guilty of Murder 1, at least.

Do you agree so far? Do I have your words correctly?

If so you are ****ing retarded.
Just stop.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #809
Pawnmower Pawnmower is offline
MVP
 
Pawnmower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California
Casino cash: $100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Just stop.
Nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
There's a kid dead because of this guy's gun who shouldn't be. yeah, I'm going to assume the worst.

"omg someone died that shouldnt have LET ME JUST JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND ASSUME THE WORST"

That is how it looks to me.
__________________
**** Left CP 9-4-2013 **** Mod Harassment, requested by a more "in" user
Posts: 13,174
Pawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < CasselPawnmower < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #810
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
Nah.




"omg someone died that shouldnt have LET ME JUST JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND ASSUME THE WORST"

That is how it looks to me.
I don't care how it looks to you, you who apparently don't know the definition of murder 1.

Engage in mindless namecalling with someone else.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.