Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 03:23 PM  
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $5812
Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread

There's been some recent confusion with the old spoiler thread, so I'm kicking off a new one for tonight's premiere. This is going to be the one for folks who've read all the books. So anything anybody might want to talk about is in bounds. Suffice to say, if you haven't read the books, you'll probably want to stay out of here until you do...

I'll bump the old spoiler-free thread shortly in case anybody's interested. For future reference the link to that one is here
Posts: 51,455
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #1636
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $5812
Guess it was time for the annual "7 seasons is the plan" story: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/11/ga...nes-7-seasons/

Funny how we were just talking about that amongst ourselves.
Posts: 51,455
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #1637
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7475
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I have never for a second thought that Jon Snow was not going to be back.

We'll see how it turns out.
This and when halfman went overboard. I know he kills people but for some reason I think these two were safe.
__________________
Attempted troll/humor while discussing potential child abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
If it's effective, who are you, me, or anybody else to call it abuse? I worked with a guy back in Moberly who would shove a finger up his son's ass each time he had anything worse than a C on his report card. If he came home with 2 D's and an F, that's 3 fingers (and this was a big dude). Does that sound hideous and disgusting? Absolutely. Did the kid ever get anything worse than a C after this rule was implemented? Not a chance.

I'm not saying it's morally right or wrong, but does it make the child because of it? Think about that for a second.
Posts: 43,148
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #1638
NewChief NewChief is online now
Greenbacker and Loving Liberal
 
NewChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Casino cash: $5992
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I have never for a second thought that Jon Snow was not going to be back.

We'll see how it turns out.
This. I get kind of confused by people who think he's done.
__________________
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
- H. L. Mencken
Posts: 19,179
NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #1639
KcMizzou KcMizzou is offline
Supporter
 
KcMizzou's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parkville MO
Casino cash: $5270
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Here is an article from Vanity Fair:

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...id=synd_yshine
I got a chuckle out of this...

Quote:
Windolf also asks Benioff and Weiss about the recent rumors that President Obama receives screeners of the show to watch before the general public. In an e-mail, they jointly reply, “One perk of being the most powerful man in the world: yes, you get to see episodes early.”
Posts: 54,696
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 AM   #1640
AndChiefs AndChiefs is offline
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $495
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou View Post
I got a chuckle out of this...
Finally a legitimate reason to hate Obama!
__________________
Posts: 4,866
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #1641
Hawk Hawk is offline
Veteran
 
Hawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Casino cash: $5795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraus View Post
No kidding? Holy cliffhangers, Batman!
Now that you're done with the books, I would recommend spending a few minutes (hours) reading through some of the essays at the Tower of the hand site. They write about a lot of subtle things and theories that I missed when reading it myself. There is of course an essay on who Jon Snow's real parents are, but also some good ones on books 4 and 5. These are a couple of my favorites if you are interested:

Is the Hound still alive:
http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2010/...he_/index.html

What is up at the Citadel?
http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2010/...nt_/index.html
Posts: 4,046
Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #1642
Hawk Hawk is offline
Veteran
 
Hawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Casino cash: $5795
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Guess it was time for the annual "7 seasons is the plan" story: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/11/ga...nes-7-seasons/

Funny how we were just talking about that amongst ourselves.
Well, they do say 7 or 8. I hope it's 8, because I don't see how they can do it well in 7. Too much still left to happen.

That does crack me up that Obama gets to watch the episodes early. nice perk to being President!
Posts: 4,046
Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.Hawk is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:08 AM   #1643
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $5812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Well, they do say 7 or 8. I hope it's 8, because I don't see how they can do it well in 7. Too much still left to happen.

That does crack me up that Obama gets to watch the episodes early. nice perk to being President!
I don't see how they can do it in 8.
Posts: 51,455
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #1644
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $7475
VARSITY
What do you guys think is the end game? What has George RR have taking place at the end of book 8?

Who is sitting on the throne? Starks's? Denery's? Both sharing? Wind Walkers wipe everyone out?
__________________
Attempted troll/humor while discussing potential child abuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
If it's effective, who are you, me, or anybody else to call it abuse? I worked with a guy back in Moberly who would shove a finger up his son's ass each time he had anything worse than a C on his report card. If he came home with 2 D's and an F, that's 3 fingers (and this was a big dude). Does that sound hideous and disgusting? Absolutely. Did the kid ever get anything worse than a C after this rule was implemented? Not a chance.

I'm not saying it's morally right or wrong, but does it make the child because of it? Think about that for a second.
Posts: 43,148
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #1645
DaFace DaFace is offline
Version 3.0
 
DaFace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Donkey Land
Casino cash: $6213
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
What do you guys think is the end game? What has George RR have taking place at the end of book 8?

Who is sitting on the throne? Starks's? Denery's? Both sharing? Wind Walkers wipe everyone out?
At some point, the White Walker storyline has to come to a head. I predict some sort of epic battle involving White Walkers and dragons, and no one survives except Bran sitting in his tree.
Posts: 28,049
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #1646
Sorter Sorter is offline
Caralho
 
Sorter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belo Horizante
Casino cash: $6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
At some point, the White Walker storyline has to come to a head. I predict some sort of epic battle involving White Walkers and dragons, and no one survives except Bran sitting in his tree.
Jon has to make it. He's fire and ice (if the rumor about his parents are correct)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace View Post
I have completely given up on Alex Smith as a qb. Its painful to watch. Like, worse than watching Colt McCoy.
Posts: 15,211
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #1647
keg in kc keg in kc is offline
oxymoron
 
keg in kc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: OP/KC/Whatever
Casino cash: $5812
What are the normal scenarios, Jon and Dany as king and queen of the 7 kingdoms, riders of two of the dragons, with Tyrion on the 3rd. Jamie and Brienne together doing something somewhere. Cersei tied naked to a rock somewhere. Arya killing everybody from the shadows, eventually reunited with her wolf. Sansa doing something stupid and boring somewhere. Bran growing branches.

I just find it hard to believe that he'll have a happy ending. I mean, I'm sure some things will turn out the way people want, but I'd be surprised if it ends all clean and neat.
Posts: 51,455
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #1648
Bowser Bowser is offline
Eff an A, Cotton!!
 
Bowser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In Transition
Casino cash: $6230
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
What are the normal scenarios, Jon and Dany as king and queen of the 7 kingdoms, riders of two of the dragons, with Tyrion on the 3rd. Jamie and Brienne together doing something somewhere. Cersei tied naked to a rock somewhere. Arya killing everybody from the shadows, eventually reunited with her wolf. Sansa doing something stupid and boring somewhere. Bran growing branches.

I just find it hard to believe that he'll have a happy ending. I mean, I'm sure some things will turn out the way people want, but I'd be surprised if it ends all clean and neat.
Jaime is going to die somewhere, somehow, most likely at the hands of Cersei. Cersei will die at the hands of Danerys, of course. Sansa will be the new Cersei after Littlefinger gets done programming her. Arya will be forever alone, an assassin druring the day and warging into Nymeria at night when she sleeps. Bran will "die", but not really be dead, living on as the world's most powerful warg, jumping from people to animals between time frames, lost to oblivion. Rickon will rule the North, possibly overtaking the Umbers for the far north, possibly becoming King Beyond the Wall. Jon and Dany will rule after killing Stannis and Melisandre, and Tyrion will be their Hand. The dragons will not be civilized, and Westeros will offer fealty out of fear of flame.

And Sam will still be fat and wracked with guilt every time he ****s Gilly for the rest of his life. The end.
Posts: 52,263
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #1649
AndChiefs AndChiefs is offline
Bazinga!
 
AndChiefs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Casino cash: $495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Jaime is going to die somewhere, somehow, most likely at the hands of Cersei. Cersei will die at the hands of Danerys, of course. Sansa will be the new Cersei after Littlefinger gets done programming her. Arya will be forever alone, an assassin druring the day and warging into Nymeria at night when she sleeps. Bran will "die", but not really be dead, living on as the world's most powerful warg, jumping from people to animals between time frames, lost to oblivion. Rickon will rule the North, possibly overtaking the Umbers for the far north, possibly becoming King Beyond the Wall. Jon and Dany will rule after killing Stannis and Melisandre, and Tyrion will be their Hand. The dragons will not be civilized, and Westeros will offer fealty out of fear of flame.

And Sam will still be fat and wracked with guilt every time he ****s Gilly for the rest of his life. The end.
Cersei will be killed by Jaime.
__________________
Posts: 4,866
AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AndChiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #1650
tomahawk kid tomahawk kid is offline
Drunk in the Neighborhood
 
tomahawk kid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Beating the War Drums
Casino cash: $5380
Isn't there a theory that Tyrion is also a Targarian?

Also Daenerys and Jon couldn't rule together could they?

If the theories of Jon's parentage are true., wouldn't he be Daenerys' nephew?
Posts: 5,655
tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.