Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Royal Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 PM  
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $8150
Iron Man 3

From some talk in other threads it looks like Iron Man 3 is getting some traction. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Posts: 21,683
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #211
silver5liter silver5liter is offline
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Didn't Favre not direct this one due to differences with Marvel? I dont remember if he directed Iron Man 2 or not.

Iron Man 1 easily the best and Avengers is up there with it as far as iron man movies
He directed 1 and 2. 2 was real cheesy, it was time to move on.
Posts: 1,702
silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #212
NewChief NewChief is online now
Greenbacker and Loving Liberal
 
NewChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Casino cash: $6437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

My buddy thought it ripped off Batman pretty hard. He was kind of disappointed.

Spoiler!

I haven't seen the movie, but that's a pretty weak criticism as the whole "lose power/symbolically die, journey to find oneself, reborn into greater power, redemption" story arc is archetypal stuff. I mean, that storyline is embedded in our DNA.
__________________
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
- H. L. Mencken
Posts: 19,207
NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.NewChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #213
silver5liter silver5liter is offline
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

My buddy thought it ripped off Batman pretty hard. He was kind of disappointed.

Spoiler!
I've seen both, thats a pretty big freaking stretch lol
Posts: 1,702
silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.silver5liter has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #214
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $9030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Didn't Favre not direct this one due to differences with Marvel? I dont remember if he directed Iron Man 2 or not.

Iron Man 1 easily the best and Avengers is up there with it as far as iron man movies
I'm not sure what happened with Faveru? But it was probably over money. I'll bet Black came cheaper. I give Faveau all the credit in the world for setting the right tone and creating the world right, but as an action director he's just kinda meh.

I thought this one created a better self contained, complete story than any of them.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,962
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #215
Buehler445 Buehler445 is offline
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $8150
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
I haven't seen the movie, but that's a pretty weak criticism as the whole "lose power/symbolically die, journey to find oneself, reborn into greater power, redemption" story arc is archetypal stuff. I mean, that storyline is embedded in our DNA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver5liter View Post
I've seen both, thats a pretty big freaking stretch lol
That's what I thought too. I was just passing on his take that I hadn't thought of.
Posts: 21,683
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #216
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $11694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Didn't Favre not direct this one due to differences with Marvel? I dont remember if he directed Iron Man 2 or not.
He finished his deal with Wrangler and left it at that...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 51,126
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #217
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $9030
So a couple of questions for the nerds...


Watched some of IM 1 last night...and noticed the terrorists symbols were the same ones used by the Manderin in his broadcasts. What's the significance?

What is AIM? My son noticed it in the movie and said its in the Avengers cartoons he watches.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,962
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #218
Aries Walker Aries Walker is online now
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver5liter View Post
I've seen both, thats a pretty big freaking stretch lol
Oh, no it isn't. The whole
Spoiler!
Posts: 4,555
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #219
Rausch Rausch is offline
MVP
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Jefferson City, mo., USA
Casino cash: $11694
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
I haven't seen the movie, but that's a pretty weak criticism as the whole "lose power/symbolically die, journey to find oneself, reborn into greater power, redemption" story arc is archetypal stuff. I mean, that storyline is embedded in our DNA.
The standard line is: Man against Man, Man against Nature and Man against Self.

All tales begin and end there.
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 51,126
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #220
Aries Walker Aries Walker is online now
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
So a couple of questions for the nerds...


Watched some of IM 1 last night...and noticed the terrorists symbols were the same ones used by the Manderin in his broadcasts. What's the significance?

What is AIM? My son noticed it in the movie and said its in the Avengers cartoons he watches.
In the comics, it's essentially the R&D division of HYDRA, responsible for creating a lot of monsters and supervillains and such, with more often than not your standard comic-book goal of taking over the world. In the movie, they really just name-dropped it as Killian's company.
Posts: 4,555
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #221
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $6032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I'm not sure what happened with Faveru? But it was probably over money. I'll bet Black came cheaper. I give Faveau all the credit in the world for setting the right tone and creating the world right, but as an action director he's just kinda meh.

I thought this one created a better self contained, complete story than any of them.
Action was crazy but it was like TDK in a sense that it was much less iron man

I still enjoyed it more than the 2nd one which almost seems forgettable at this point
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,213
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #222
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $9030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Action was crazy but it was like TDK in a sense that it was much less iron man

I still enjoyed it more than the 2nd one which almost seems forgettable at this point
Heh, yea...I kinda admired the creative ways they kept keeping him out of the suit. Understand why a lot of hardcore comic geeks might not have liked it, but overall I liked how they tried to do something different than the standard comic hero thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 49,962
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #223
Sure-Oz Sure-Oz is offline
Stay positive, don't give up
 
Sure-Oz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City, MO
Casino cash: $6032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Heh, yea...I kinda admired the creative ways they kept keeping him out of the suit. Understand why a lot of hardcore comic geeks might not have liked it, but overall I liked how they tried to do something different than the standard comic hero thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Makes me wonder if they'll make another IM movie or do another Avengers
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Sure-Oz could ****ing track anyone in the country via Twitter. Dude makes me scared to leave the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
.
Sure-Oz in this mother****er. Resident Tweet master and maligned Royals fan.
Posts: 40,213
Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Sure-Oz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #224
bowener bowener is offline
Pioli is gone, which is nice.
 
bowener's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Makes me wonder if they'll make another IM movie or do another Avengers
You're kidding right? They have already started working on Avengers 2 scripts, and at the end of IM3 it said Tony Stark would be back.
__________________
Main Entry: bowe·ner
Pronunciation: \ˈbō-nər\
Function: noun
Date: circa 2007

Posts: 7,089
bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.bowener wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #225
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $9221
Saw it today. Liked it a lot. Thought it was VERY funny.
__________________
If you make enough good decisions, three-year plans turn into two-year plans and five-year plans turn into three-year plans. If you make bad decisions, 10-year plans turn into no plan. -- Dayton Moore, 2006

"I'm not talking about getting to .500, I'm talking about winning the World Series when I say eight to 10 years." -- Dayton Moore, May 20, 2009
Posts: 44,265
siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.