Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Media Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 10:33 PM  
Buehler445 Buehler445 is online now
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $17027
Iron Man 3

From some talk in other threads it looks like Iron Man 3 is getting some traction. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Posts: 22,789
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #406
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I figured, but I wondered if they changed that profit sharing deal with the other ones.
I haven't spoken to my friends in the Disney Finance department yet but I seriously doubt that they'd just shell out money to him because it would cause all kinds of issues with the prior accounting years.

My best guess is that there's a $50 million per film minimum with a small percentage of back end depending on certain requirements being met in terms of box office receipts.
Posts: 50,044
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #407
Buehler445 Buehler445 is online now
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $17027
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I haven't spoken to my friends in the Disney Finance department yet but I seriously doubt that they'd just shell out money to him because it would cause all kinds of issues with the prior accounting years.

My best guess is that there's a $50 million per film minimum with a small percentage of back end depending on certain requirements being met in terms of box office receipts.
That sounds reasonable to assume. IMO he deserves the jack though. He is wildly entertaining in that role.
Posts: 22,789
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #408
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
That sounds reasonable to assume. IMO he deserves the jack though. He is wildly entertaining in that role.
Yeah, he's the Franchise. While I thoroughly enjoyed Iron Man, I thought that Iron Man 2 was one notch above awful. I haven't seen IM3 yet but I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD.

As for The Avengers, even after repeated viewings ("What am I missing?"), I still don't like the film for reasons I've stated in the past. But regardless of my opinion, the Avengers films would suffer a huge blow at the box office without Downey, who is undoubtedly the film's true star and the only person, at this point anyway, capable of carrying those films.

As for the contract, I'm sure there are built-in escalators that pay him a bigger percentage of the film's gross at different levels. For example, 2% at $500 million, 3% at $750 million and 4% for anything over $1 billion.

So in reality, he could end up earning as much or more than $90 million per film.
Posts: 50,044
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #409
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $16197
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Yeah, he's the Franchise. While I thoroughly enjoyed Iron Man, I thought that Iron Man 2 was one notch above awful. I haven't seen IM3 yet but I'm sure I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD.

As for The Avengers, even after repeated viewings ("What am I missing?"), I still don't like the film for reasons I've stated in the past. But regardless of my opinion, the Avengers films would suffer a huge blow at the box office without Downey, who is undoubtedly the film's true star and the only person, at this point anyway, capable of carrying those films.

I'll admit he's been a HUGE reason for Marvels success, but ultimately fans will show up for the character as well. Downey is getting fairly old now to keep doing this. What happens when he eventually moves on? Reboot?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 50,966
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #410
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I'll admit he's been a HUGE reason for Marvels success, but ultimately fans will show up for the character as well. Downey is getting fairly old now to keep doing this. What happens when he eventually moves on? Reboot?
Posted via Mobile Device
I doubt they'll reboot. They'll recast and go with it.
Posts: 50,044
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #411
Buehler445 Buehler445 is online now
Supporter
 
Buehler445's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Scott City KS
Casino cash: $17027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I'll admit he's been a HUGE reason for Marvels success, but ultimately fans will show up for the character as well. Downey is getting fairly old now to keep doing this. What happens when he eventually moves on? Reboot?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think it pretty much depends on how the films do as they reach farther and farther away from concrete realistic type ideas to outerspace/magic, etc., as is bound to happen.
Posts: 22,789
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #412
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I think it pretty much depends on how the films do as they reach farther and farther away from concrete realistic type ideas to outerspace/magic, etc., as is bound to happen.
The only problem with "rebooting" is that you'd have to cast the "rebooted" Iron Man in The Avengers movies as well, so there'd really be no reason to reboot the Iron Man franchise.

Now, if Disney decided to scrap every actor, then there would be room for a reboot. But that seems like a very risky move considering that Hemsworth and Evans have earned well with their standalone properties.
Posts: 50,044
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #413
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $9937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I'll admit he's been a HUGE reason for Marvels success, but ultimately fans will show up for the character as well. Downey is getting fairly old now to keep doing this. What happens when he eventually moves on? Reboot?
Posted via Mobile Device
they'll "James Bond" the continuity, during negotiations they were even threatening him with that "no actor is bigger than the Marvel property" bullshit.
__________________
Posts: 28,725
Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #414
Mosbonian Mosbonian is offline
On Hiatus
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
they'll "James Bond" the continuity, during negotiations they were even threatening him with that "no actor is bigger than the Marvel property" bullshit.
I was sitting in the lunch room, which I usually rarely do, listening to a couple of fanboys talking about Iron Man. One of them was talking about the very subject of who else could have played Iron Man besides Downey....his response almost made me choke from laughing. The guy was saying that he felt like Matthew McConaughey could have pulled off the role and done a pretty good job.

I now remember why I eat me lunch in my office each day.
Posts: 8,619
Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Mosbonian Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #415
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $9937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I was sitting in the lunch room, which I usually rarely do, listening to a couple of fanboys talking about Iron Man. One of them was talking about the very subject of who else could have played Iron Man besides Downey....his response almost made me choke from laughing. The guy was saying that he felt like Matthew McConaughey could have pulled off the role and done a pretty good job.

I now remember why I eat me lunch in my office each day.



As I said before Billy Zane could play the part without missing a beat.
__________________
Posts: 28,725
Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.Tribal Warfare threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #416
Wallcrawler Wallcrawler is offline
How tall is this thing?
 
Wallcrawler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ground 0 for enema of US.
Casino cash: $10258
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Spider-Man 3 and X-3 were two of the worst comic movies to date, but it didn't have anything to do with fandom or continuity. They were simply awful movies. Iron Man 3 isn't even remotely in that ballpark.
IM 3 took a character from the comics, led us to believe in the trailers that he would be IM's nemesis in the film, and then just threw him out halfway through the movie. He was just some douchebag actor playing a role.

That's right on par with shitting all over "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" with Spider-Man 3. Hey Pete, even if you would've stopped that guy with the cash, Sandman is the guy that killed your uncle. You've become Spider-Man out of guilt for no reason! Yay!

X-3 was a symphony of shit. Juggernaut losing his power to run through a wall when next to the mutant cure kid. Juggs isn't a mutant. That should've never happened. Throw in offing Cyclops in the first 15 minutes, offing Charles halfway in, taking away Mystique's powers and Rogue simply giving hers up, and you have the motherlode of F YOU FANs garbage.


We're supposed to believe that the Mandarin wasn't done because the 10 rings of power would've been too unbelievable? Then we do a story where dudes are melting everything around them, and exploding. All while taking a character that had about a half a page of mention in the original Extremis book, before putting a bullet in his own head and giving him the lead villain role.

Yeah, lets make the dead scientist, Aldrich Killian, the main mastermind and drop a massive deuce on the Mandarin and all of the fans of the comics. Iron Man 3 for me is right on par with X-3 and Spider-Man 3.

Especially loved the part where
Spoiler!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Now name a great WR who had superior route-running skills and/or great athletic skill, but had not the greatest set of hands among his peers. I'll give you a ****ing name. Jerry ****ing Rice.
Don't do drugs, kids.
Posts: 2,691
Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.Wallcrawler wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #417
BigBeauford BigBeauford is online now
Veteran
 
BigBeauford's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lenexa, KS
Casino cash: $8806
Haha, you give away the plot twist that occurs almost 3/4 into the movie, but then decide to us the spoilertag for something not really spoiler worthy?
Posts: 1,192
BigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBigBeauford 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #418
MagicHef MagicHef is offline
The Seated Villain
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle
Casino cash: $9666
Regarding The Mandarin, I don't think a villain whose only defining feature (to non-Iron Man followers) is the fact that he's Chinese would fly in today's world.

What was the most recent superhero film that had a non-white main villain?
Posts: 5,008
MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.MagicHef would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #419
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $16197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
IM 3 took a character from the comics, led us to believe in the trailers that he would be IM's nemesis in the film, and then just threw him out halfway through the movie. He was just some douchebag actor playing a role.

That's right on par with shitting all over "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" with Spider-Man 3. Hey Pete, even if you would've stopped that guy with the cash, Sandman is the guy that killed your uncle. You've become Spider-Man out of guilt for no reason! Yay!

X-3 was a symphony of shit. Juggernaut losing his power to run through a wall when next to the mutant cure kid. Juggs isn't a mutant. That should've never happened. Throw in offing Cyclops in the first 15 minutes, offing Charles halfway in, taking away Mystique's powers and Rogue simply giving hers up, and you have the motherlode of F YOU FANs garbage.


We're supposed to believe that the Mandarin wasn't done because the 10 rings of power would've been too unbelievable? Then we do a story where dudes are melting everything around them, and exploding. All while taking a character that had about a half a page of mention in the original Extremis book, before putting a bullet in his own head and giving him the lead villain role.

Yeah, lets make the dead scientist, Aldrich Killian, the main mastermind and drop a massive deuce on the Mandarin and all of the fans of the comics. Iron Man 3 for me is right on par with X-3 and Spider-Man 3.

Especially loved the part where
Spoiler!
I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy. I Enjoyed it immensely. I'm not much of a comic book purist though. Each entertainment medium is its own thing.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 50,966
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #420
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $12129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Regarding The Mandarin, I don't think a villain whose only defining feature (to non-Iron Man followers) is the fact that he's Chinese would fly in today's world.

What was the most recent superhero film that had a non-white main villain?
Unbreakable
Posts: 50,044
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:52 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.