Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 03:23 PM  
ChiefaRoo ChiefaRoo is offline
Nite Nite
 
ChiefaRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Austin,TX
Casino cash: $6256
Obama is going to lose big time

I'm calling it. The guy is going to lose in an electoral landslide.
Posts: 10,139
ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #466
Aries Walker Aries Walker is online now
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Reluctantly served his country.
Vietnam had the draft. Lots of people reluctantly served then. That doesn't mean their service demands any less respect.

So, I haven't been following this thread that closely. It's just another standard Us vs. Them thread by now, eh?
Posts: 5,019
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #467
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
Vietnam had the draft. Lots of people reluctantly served then. That doesn't mean their service demands any less respect.
I disagree. Draftees who served honorably certainly deserve respect, but those who volunteered, when they didn't have to, deserve a little special appreciation. And servicemen, whether drafted or volunteer, who come home and disgrace their uniforms by slandering their brothers in arms forfeit some of that respect.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,744
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #468
Donger Donger is offline
"Think BOOM!"
 
Donger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 33.675 N 106.475 W
Casino cash: $356
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
Vietnam had the draft. Lots of people reluctantly served then. That doesn't mean their service demands any less respect.
It does if they made it the cornerstone of their campaign for POTUS, combined with Kerry's behavior after his return.

For me, it's more that some people tend to exaggerate Kerry's service (e.g., He volunteered for one of the most dangerous assignments in Vietnam).
__________________
I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down," verbally, don't you?
Posts: 78,176
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #469
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $6829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo View Post
John Kerry? Is that the feeling that he gives you? What part of Romney's uber successful businessman credentials, good looks, public and private sector experience and all around winner at life history reminds you of John Kerry? John Kerry married his money, he's not good looking which unfortunately is important in todays political era. John Kerry took a big shit on his country and our soldiers in the field publically after he returned from Vietnam. John Kerry and Mitt Romney have two very different life stories. Romney is simply a better man than John Kerry ever hoped to be. Your comparison is lame.
This is a great thread.
__________________
Posts: 45,792
|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #470
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo View Post
Listen dummy. Romney is either a great businessman who climbed to success on the backs of the working man or a bumbling idiot who can't get out of his way according to many Democrats. You guys can't get your stories straight. Bain Capital has been extremely successful and it has made Romney extremely rich. He didn't get that money from his family. He created that wealth along with his business partners. My point is he can't be a bumbling second tier candidate like John Kerry was one moment and then be some kind of Uber rich guy with his Car elevators and money the next. Face it, the guy is a winner. He's proven it with his public, private and personal life. His kids aren't losers, he's got a rock solid personal story and he's been more succesful than most and he's got a good public record.

If you want to take a crap on him go ahead you have the right but you look like a fool doing it.
Really? Bain's record is only good if you measure it by the fees it gave to their partners. Their invesmtent performance is no better than indexing over the same time frame and when yu consider the leverage they used their record is worse because their clients took unnecessary risk.

Let's also not forget about the government bailout that Bain (parent company this time) received. Something tells me you have no idea about that.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,868
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #471
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17019
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I don't think it. I know it.
Ok BEpatteeu
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,868
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #472
vailpass vailpass is offline
Yah Mules!
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $13201
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
Really? Bain's record is only good if you measure it by the fees it gave to their partners. Their invesmtent performance is no better than indexing over the same time frame and when yu consider the leverage they used their record is worse because their clients took unnecessary risk.

Let's also not forget about the government bailout that Bain (parent company this time) received. Something tells me you have no idea about that.
Let's not forget that neither Bain nor Romney would hire you as a janitor much less a financial analyst yet here you sit acting as though you are qualified to comment on them.
__________________
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Posts: 37,623
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #473
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17019
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Let's not forget that neither Bain nor Romney would hire you as a janitor much less a financial analyst yet here you sit acting as though you are qualified to comment on them.
LOL the resident racist thinks he knows something about the financial industry.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,868
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #474
LiveSteam LiveSteam is online now
All aboard the crazy train
 
LiveSteam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: homeof43conferencetitles
Casino cash: $11007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
LOL the resident racist thinks he knows something about the financial industry.
Please Negro
Posts: 17,374
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #475
ChiefaRoo ChiefaRoo is offline
Nite Nite
 
ChiefaRoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Austin,TX
Casino cash: $6256
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
Really? Bain's record is only good if you measure it by the fees it gave to their partners. Their invesmtent performance is no better than indexing over the same time frame and when yu consider the leverage they used their record is worse because their clients took unnecessary risk.

Let's also not forget about the government bailout that Bain (parent company this time) received. Something tells me you have no idea about that.
You measure the mans success by the money he made. I realize it's not fashionable to talk about moving money and creating wealth because our current President has demonized people who do that but face it Romney is a smart guy, a leader and a winner. He gets the job done and he's the much better fit to lead the US in troubled economic times. Obama is just a guy. He's a celebrity with no specific skills.. As a leader he's been a failure and we are bleeding to death on his watch literally and figuratively. Obama has been a disaster
Posts: 10,139
ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.ChiefaRoo would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #476
Baby Lee Baby Lee is online now
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $29045
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
LOL the resident racist thinks he knows something about the financial industry.
Wow, talk about pure essence of ad hominem fallacy.

Racism, real or perceived, has nothing to do with financial knowledge.

"Yeah, like a homophobe knows anything about particle physics, pshaw."
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.
Posts: 45,554
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #477
J Diddy J Diddy is offline
One Groovy Cat
 
J Diddy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Pitt State baby
Casino cash: $14549
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Let's not forget that neither Bain nor Romney would hire you as a janitor much less a financial analyst yet here you sit acting as though you are qualified to comment on them.
and this was any different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Wow, talk about pure essence of ad hominem fallacy.

Racism, real or perceived, has nothing to do with financial knowledge.

"Yeah, like a homophobe knows anything about particle physics, pshaw."
Posts: 30,673
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #478
Baby Lee Baby Lee is online now
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $29045
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
and this was any different?
They're both fallacies, but Native's is more distilled.

'You are not qualified to declare what you declare' is attacking the messenger, but there exists at least a strand of background where people can assess an individual's qualification to declare. VP would be better served to explain WHY he considers KCN unqualified, but people can review prior posts to flesh out the argument if they wish.

OTOH, 'you are a racist and therefore unqualified' differs in that it seeks to both inflame and cut off such assessment of actual qualification.

Qualification to declare cannot suffice, by itself, as evidence of a faulty argument, as it attacks the person and not the argument. But that does not mean questioning qualification to declare negates the questioners argument either. It can serve as a springboard if meritorious, but inflammatory irrelevant accusations offer no evidence of merit and indeed seeks to curtail investigation of merit.
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 09-21-2012 at 06:44 PM..
Posts: 45,554
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #479
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
They're both fallacies, but Native's is more distilled.

'You are not qualified to declare what you declare' is attacking the messenger, but there exists at least a strand of background where people can assess an individual's qualification to declare. VP would be better served to explain WHY he considers KCN unqualified, but people can review prior posts to flesh out the argument if they wish.

OTOH, 'you are a racist and therefore unqualified' differs in that it seeks to both inflame and cut off such assessment of actual qualification.

Qualification to declare cannot suffice, by itself, as evidence of a faulty argument, as it attacks the person and not the argument. But that does not mean questioning qualification to declare negates the questioners argument either. It can serve as a springboard if meritorious, but inflammatory irrelevant accusations offer no evidence of merit and indeed seeks to curtail investigation of merit.
Do you think his troll remark deserved a more sophisticated reply?
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,868
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #480
KC native KC native is offline
a toda madre o un desmadre
 
KC native's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Casino cash: $17019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
They're both fallacies, but Native's is more distilled.

'You are not qualified to declare what you declare' is attacking the messenger, but there exists at least a strand of background where people can assess an individual's qualification to declare. VP would be better served to explain WHY he considers KCN unqualified, but people can review prior posts to flesh out the argument if they wish.

OTOH, 'you are a racist and therefore unqualified' differs in that it seeks to both inflame and cut off such assessment of actual qualification.

Qualification to declare cannot suffice, by itself, as evidence of a faulty argument, as it attacks the person and not the argument. But that does not mean questioning qualification to declare negates the questioners argument either. It can serve as a springboard if meritorious, but inflammatory irrelevant accusations offer no evidence of merit and indeed seeks to curtail investigation of merit.
Also, calling a racist "racist" isn't an ad hominem. It's a remark on what he actually is.
__________________
The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your actions. Ras Kass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I'm just a little pussy from Iowa
Posts: 18,868
KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.KC native is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.