Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM  
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $1504
Gun Control

We have all heard about what happened in Aurora, Co, and I think that Gun Control is going to be a huge topic in the following months.


What measures need to be taken? Do you have any ideas that will help prevent this kind of thing from happening again as it pertains to guns?
Posts: 30,166
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #826
crazycoffey crazycoffey is offline
Space for rent
 
crazycoffey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $22419539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
We have different ideas of what is qualifying as an epidemic. You thinking along the lines of, if half the population as getting murdered, then we'd have an epidemic.

I'm thinking along the lines of, the number of these things happening as gone up an incredible amount in the last few years. It's gone up enough to make me ask why? And what can we do?
Hey hey, Captain Jack. Meet me down by the railroad track
With that weapon in your hand, We're going to be fightin men!
Fight, fight, all we can!
get that rifle in your hand, we're going to be shootin men!
shoot, shoot, all we can!


In other words; Pick up your weapon and follow me.
Posts: 23,873
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #827
Messier Messier is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $41678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Stinson View Post
You need a geography lesson?
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...-deaths/69354/

Again, I wasn't talking about the mass shooting here, just gun violence in general.
Posts: 6,447
Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #828
Messier Messier is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $41678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Stinson View Post
Hey hey, Captain Jack. Meet me down by the railroad track
With that weapon in your hand, We're going to be fightin men!
Fight, fight, all we can!
get that rifle in your hand, we're going to be shootin men!
shoot, shoot, all we can!


In other words; Pick up your weapon and follow me.
I don't think more guns is the answer.
Posts: 6,447
Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.Messier would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #829
BigRedChief BigRedChief is online now
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $299640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
I don't think more guns is the answer.
of course its not. In Florida they issued the 1 millionth concealed gun permit this week. They passed the Stand your ground law allowing citizens to murder other citizens if they feel threatened. Florida is not any safer and violence has went up since they passed those laws.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I believe Hitler hated Jews and had a lot of them killed. I dont believe it was anywhere close to 6 million though. I'm not an anti-semite; I just think that number has been severely inflated and there is a lot of evidence that supports this belief.
Posts: 42,500
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #830
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...-deaths/69354/

Again, I wasn't talking about the mass shooting here, just gun violence in general.
As I pointed out earlier, Maryland, California, Nevada, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, and Arizona are all states in the top ten of gun violence. It seems pretty evenly spread out to me.
__________________
How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Samuel Adams
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #831
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
of course its not. In Florida they issued the 1 millionth concealed gun permit this week. They passed the Stand your ground law allowing citizens to murder other citizens if they feel threatened. Florida is not any safer and violence has went up since they passed those laws.
And some of the most strict control laws in the US haven't reduced violence in Colorado one iota.
__________________
How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Samuel Adams
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #832
BigRedChief BigRedChief is online now
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $299640
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCWolfman View Post
And some of the most strict control laws in the US haven't reduced violence in Colorado one iota.
Correct. Flooding the streets with guns or trying to keep guns off the streets will not stop us from committing violence against one another. Those two options are not the solution.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I believe Hitler hated Jews and had a lot of them killed. I dont believe it was anywhere close to 6 million though. I'm not an anti-semite; I just think that number has been severely inflated and there is a lot of evidence that supports this belief.
Posts: 42,500
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #833
crazycoffey crazycoffey is offline
Space for rent
 
crazycoffey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $22419539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
I don't think more guns is the answer.
I don't need more guns. But I need to be able to carry them. to church, to drop of my kids at school, etc. A person like me, military, properly trained with guns, owns guns and can carry them in most places, can't take that gun to work at the school yesterday.

But again, that's still not the real issue. I meant for that cadence more for a charge to take some actions than just talk about things. And as I previously stated, the real issue (IMO) is mental illness, and human problems, not gun regulation problems.
Posts: 23,873
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #834
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
We have different ideas of what is qualifying as an epidemic. You thinking along the lines of, if half the population as getting murdered, then we'd have an epidemic.

I'm thinking along the lines of, the number of these things happening as gone up an incredible amount in the last few years. It's gone up enough to make me ask why? And what can we do?
Half? Hell, to even get it up to half a percent of the national population you'd need THOUSANDS of incidents like this to happen in a year. Not a handful.

If 70 people died in America a year as a result of cancer, there'd be no need for the American Cancer Society. If 70 people died in a year as a result of car crashes, nobody would give a crap about seatbelts.

But 70 people were killed in mass shootings this year, so liberals think we should all be disarmed.

Maybe you should stop letting the media scare the shit out of you.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #835
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Correct. Flooding the streets with guns or trying to keep guns off the streets will not stop us from committing violence against one another. Those two options are not the solution.
Thank you.

As I said earlier, control mood enhancers more strictly, stop prescribing serotonins as if they are cold medicine, and have medical providers give non-medicated solutions to our "epidemic" of depression and I guarantee violence in this nation will go down.
__________________
How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Samuel Adams
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #836
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Stinson View Post
I don't need more guns. But I need to be able to carry them. to church, to drop of my kids at school, etc. A person like me, military, properly trained with guns, owns guns and can carry them in most places, can't take that gun to work at the school yesterday.

But again, that's still not the real issue. I meant for that cadence more for a charge to take some actions than just talk about things. And as I previously stated, the real issue (IMO) is mental illness, and human problems, not gun regulation problems.
Barney is a freakin' genius!!!
__________________
How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Samuel Adams
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #837
crazycoffey crazycoffey is offline
Space for rent
 
crazycoffey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $22419539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...-deaths/69354/

Again, I wasn't talking about the mass shooting here, just gun violence in general.
hmmm, Montana is the same color as Texas. I wonder how the population ranks in that demographic. Oh, wait. It says it's based off of firearm events for every 100,000 citizens. So Montana is just as deadly as Texas? Shit, so much for moving north to be more protected.....
Posts: 23,873
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #838
Frazod Frazod is offline
Banned
 
Frazod's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: my own personal pig hell
Casino cash: $1001187
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCWolfman View Post
Thank you.

As I said earlier, control mood enhancers more strictly, stop prescribing serotonins as if they are cold medicine, and have medical providers give non-medicated solutions to our "epidemic" of depression and I guarantee violence in this nation will go down.
Big Pharma would like to have a word with you.
Posts: 91,125
Frazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < CasselFrazod < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #839
KCWolfman KCWolfman is offline
Fall down 7 times, get up 8
 
KCWolfman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazod View Post
Big Pharma would like to have a word with you.
Probably. As I don't work in the industry anymore this may be seen as dumping dirty secrets by a jilted lover.
__________________
How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Samuel Adams
Posts: 15,465
KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.KCWolfman would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #840
crazycoffey crazycoffey is offline
Space for rent
 
crazycoffey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Casino cash: $22419539
I just got reminded of an old favorite quote; "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but a sheepdog LIVES for that day."

and another favorite quote, "I don't want anymore tragedies. But if one is going to happen, let it happen in front of me so I can make a difference, or die trying."

I read the first one from grossman. But I coined the second one when I first started Basic in 1994.
Posts: 23,873
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.