Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM  
notorious notorious is offline
I Lay Wood for a Living
 
notorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Who knows?
Casino cash: $2116
Gun Control

We have all heard about what happened in Aurora, Co, and I think that Gun Control is going to be a huge topic in the following months.


What measures need to be taken? Do you have any ideas that will help prevent this kind of thing from happening again as it pertains to guns?
Posts: 29,173
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #1051
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89823
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Yea, I used to be big on home school but there are some really ****ed up kids that come from home schooling too. I can't recall any shooting up 20 6 year old kids though.
Compared to what...public school kids? If that's the standard it's not saying much.
Parents who homeschool are more on-top of their children. They do better but no system is perfect. There are kids with problems, including learning in any system.
Or any home, even with decent parents.


Quote:
I am just so sick right now thinking of those kids and all those little smiling faces.
Yeah, it's a heartbreaker and more when it's kindergardners.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,233
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #1052
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $2113385
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenidol View Post
  • Complete automatic weapons ban.
  • Require a license for every gun owned, and the license is only given when someone reaches 18, after psychological testing by a doctor, and showing expert knowledge how to use it.
  • The license should be renewed every 2 years, and only one renewal is required for all licences possessed.
  • If a person with a license commits a crime with a gun, the doctor that gave the test should have their right to issue the licenses revoked.
  • People who are convicted felons, have a history of mental disorder or drug or alcohol addiction are banned from owning guns.
  • Owning a gun without the proper license is a felony with automatic prison time.
  • Have a damn good reason for leaving the house with a gun.
Your lawyerin' is top notch. Might as well just copy and paste the above on to that Constitution thingy.
__________________
Posts: 24,580
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #1053
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenidol View Post
  • Complete automatic weapons ban.
  • Require a license for every gun owned, and the license is only given when someone reaches 18, after psychological testing by a doctor, and showing expert knowledge how to use it.
  • The license should be renewed every 2 years, and only one renewal is required for all licences possessed.
  • If a person with a license commits a crime with a gun, the doctor that gave the test should have their right to issue the licenses revoked.
  • People who are convicted felons, have a history of mental disorder or drug or alcohol addiction are banned from owning guns.
  • Owning a gun without the proper license is a felony with automatic prison time.
  • Have a damn good reason for leaving the house with a gun.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #1054
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
I disagree, I think anyone other than your normal gun grabbers step up the NRA will launch a campaign of epic proportion to ensure they do not get re-elected.
Something tells me the NRA isn't very popular at the moment.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #1055
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89823
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenidol View Post
How many gun murders are there every year in the US? I would say more than a few. I am all for changing how drugs are made, distributed, etc. but let's not act like using guns to kill someone is a not common.
How many car accident deaths to we have every year in the US?

Seriously, we have a crime problem in the US. Switzerland is awash in guns, even kids can practice at a shooting range and their gun murder rate is extremely low. Quit blaming an inanimate object.

You also missed this in an earlier post of mine:

Quote:
There are hundreds of millions of guns in this country and tens of millions of gun owners. The majority of which go their entire lives without using the gun for crime let alone thinking about doing so. If guns were truly to blame, we’d have 80 million murderers living within our own borders. The law abiding citizens have guns and want to keep owning guns because violent people have guns. Criminals have guns.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,233
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #1056
3rd&48ers 3rd&48ers is offline
Molôn Labé
 
3rd&48ers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $948633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Compared to what...public school kids? If that's the standard it's not saying much.
Parents who homeschool are more on-top of their children. They do better but no system is perfect. There are kids with problems, including learning in any system.
Or any home, even with decent parents.




Yeah, it's a heartbreaker and more when it's kindergardners.
Oh I am not bashing homeschooled kids by no means as long as they are being properly taught and given the chance to be around other kids their age from time to time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
Wanna know whats really sad, that the Raiders have had double digit losses every year since 2004. Here is the kicker, since 2002, the Raiders have had more post season wins then we have had in the last 43 years. How about that for a kick in the balls.
Posts: 18,136
3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #1057
3rd&48ers 3rd&48ers is offline
Molôn Labé
 
3rd&48ers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $948633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Something tells me the NRA isn't very popular at the moment.
NRA Principles have nothing to do with what happened Friday... We don't support criminals.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
Wanna know whats really sad, that the Raiders have had double digit losses every year since 2004. Here is the kicker, since 2002, the Raiders have had more post season wins then we have had in the last 43 years. How about that for a kick in the balls.
Posts: 18,136
3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #1058
A Salt Weapon A Salt Weapon is offline
Veteran
 
A Salt Weapon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alaska
Casino cash: $1000968313
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenidol View Post
  • Complete automatic weapons ban.
  • Require a license for every gun owned, and the license is only given when someone reaches 18, after psychological testing by a doctor, and showing expert knowledge how to use it.
  • The license should be renewed every 2 years, and only one renewal is required for all licences possessed.
  • If a person with a license commits a crime with a gun, the doctor that gave the test should have their right to issue the licenses revoked.
  • People who are convicted felons, have a history of mental disorder or drug or alcohol addiction are banned from owning guns.
  • Owning a gun without the proper license is a felony with automatic prison time.
  • Have a damn good reason for leaving the house with a gun.
So you really do not understand what the word infringe means. Take whatever hobbies or possessions that are important to you, and ask yourself if you would be comfortable having restrictions placed on them.

Even if so, it doesn't address the fact that firearm possession is a right. You got a problem with that, change the bill of rights, or shut the **** up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posts: 1,599
A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.A Salt Weapon is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #1059
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
NRA Principles have nothing to do with what happened Friday... We don't support criminals.
That doesn't matter. The phone lines to DC are going to be jammed with people telling them to do something. They are going to do something. IMO, it's a slam dunk.
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #1060
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89823
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ers View Post
Oh I am not bashing homeschooled kids by no means as long as they are being properly taught and given the chance to be around other kids their age from time to time.
Oh, the ole' socialization argument that the left loves. It's really a conformity point.
Anyway, without turning this into a major hijack, most people don't know much about homeschooling if they think these kids aren't around others ( and preferrably of mixed ages not just their own) because there's all kinds of coordinated events between HS families including sport teams and proms. Then again, public schools have their loners too.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,233
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #1061
stevenidol stevenidol is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Casino cash: $5553
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon View Post
So you really do not understand what the word infringe means. Take whatever hobbies or possessions that are important to you, and ask yourself if you would be comfortable having restrictions placed on them.

Even if so, it doesn't address the fact that firearm possession is a right. You got a problem with that, change the bill of rights, or shut the **** up.
Posted via Mobile Device
I completely understand. I would repeal the 2nd amendment if I could, however that most likely isn't going to happen. Gun culture in America is toxic and needs to be changed. People need to learn how to live without them.
Posts: 476
stevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Casselstevenidol < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #1062
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
That doesn't matter. The phone lines to DC are going to be jammed with people telling them to do something. They are going to do something. IMO, it's a slam dunk.
Probably won't be the right thing either. Probably no investigation of drugs that cause violent side effects which are prescribed by doctors and made by pharmaceutical firms.
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,233
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #1063
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Frazod Loves Hammy
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $89823
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenidol View Post
I completely understand. I would repeal the 2nd amendment if I could, however that most likely isn't going to happen. Gun culture in America is toxic and needs to be changed. People need to learn how to live without them.
Are you a reincarnated Stalin?
__________________
"“Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business.”" — Calvin Coolidge
Posts: 53,233
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #1064
3rd&48ers 3rd&48ers is offline
Molôn Labé
 
3rd&48ers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: North Carolina
Casino cash: $948633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Oh, the ole' socialization argument that the left loves. It's really a conformity point.
Anyway, without turning this into a major hijack, most people don't know much about homeschooling if they think these kids aren't around others ( and preferrably of mixed ages not just their own) because there's all kinds of coordinated events between HS families including sport teams and proms. Then again, public schools have their loners too.

Seriously, I have a close family member that home schooled religiously 3 boys..

Oldest One is Gay (not that there is anything wrong with that)
One is a sadsack and walks looking at the ground.
The other (youngest) visits mental hospitals regularly.


I know this does not happen to many and is just an isolated case but it is what it is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja View Post
Wanna know whats really sad, that the Raiders have had double digit losses every year since 2004. Here is the kicker, since 2002, the Raiders have had more post season wins then we have had in the last 43 years. How about that for a kick in the balls.
Posts: 18,136
3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.3rd&48ers has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #1065
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $160873
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenidol View Post
I completely understand. I would repeal the 2nd amendment if I could, however that most likely isn't going to happen. Gun culture in America is toxic and needs to be changed. People need to learn how to live without them.
Leaving people at the mercy of vicious criminals and incompetent cops is the answer!
Posts: 42,720
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.