Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 07:24 PM  
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $16688
VARSITY
Why people laugh at Creationists

Taking a lead from Killer Clown I thought I'd create a alternative thread to post some videos I like...

[EDIT New video here]

So on with the show:

Here's the Kent Hovind Theory:



"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions simply because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Last edited by Dave Lane; 01-08-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Posts: 25,425
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #1576
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
You forgot to invent the Internet. Call Al Gore... oh wait Alexander Graham Bell oh wait Ben Franklin...

Damn this is hard.
I know. This sucks. It's difficult to just ignore centuries of human endeavor and wander blindly. Creationism is a lot harder than it looks.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,170
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #1577
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $11334
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLX View Post
You don't understand, probably never will. Each time someone shows you their point of view you fall back on the work of others. How much actual study have you done to prove evolution? I see lots of evidence that was sorted out by what I will call non-believers. What have you proven?
Settle down Tom, you are getting all worked up again. It is pretty rich you would question how much study someone has done while adding you see lots of evidence that was sorted out by others This coming from a person quoting books written in bronze age Persia. Books I am reasonably certain you have only read parts of yet boldly callout people for relying on others I have spent a great deal of time studing this subject including the books you base your attacks with others on. What evidence have we discovered form these writings? I will part with a couple quotes from a personal hero of mine Christopher Hitchens:

There are four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum of servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking.

Religion spoke its last intelligible or noble or inspiring words a long time ago: either that or it mutated into an admirable but nebulous humanism, as did, say, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a brave Lutheran pastor hanged by the Nazis for his refusal to collude with them. We shall have no more prophets or sages from the ancient quarter, which is why the devotions of today are only the echoing repetitions of yesterday, sometimes ratcheted up to screaming point so as to ward off the terrible emptiness~
__________________
It would indeed be a tragedy if the history of the human race proved to be nothing more than the story of an ape playing with a box of matches on a petrol dump.
David Ormsby Gore~

Last edited by RedNeckRaider; 01-04-2013 at 05:19 PM..
Posts: 24,703
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #1578
CLX CLX is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nunya
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
See this is kinda what I'm talking about when I said learn yourself. Somebody long ago put the idea in your head that evolution means monkeys turning into humans. But that's not the case. That's not even the right interpretation of evolution. One species doesn't turn into another existing species. It is possible however, for 2 species, like humans and chimps, to share a common ancestor. We know that apes as well as humans, had an apelike ancestor that both species evolved from. It's actually evident in every cell in the human body.

Humans carry 23 chromosomal pairs, while the other three great ape species all carry 24. If we evolved from a common ancestor, we should find evidence that two of the ape chromosomes fused together to form one of our human chromosomes. That exact evidence is found on human chromosome number 2. We can find there markings from leftover “ends” from the old great ape chromosomes where the two connected. We can also find markings from the leftover centromere (the bend in the middle) from the one chromosome that had to lose the centromere when the two joined together. These are clear-as-day evidence of evolution in action, marked in every cell in our body.

And regarding the "Missing Link", I addressed this above a few posts back. There really isn't one. A missing link is a transitional fossil. And we've found plenty of transitional fossils. Here's the quote, since you missed it:
You are wrong on so many fronts. I doubt that you would follow what I believe as you are sold on evolution and are not willing to listen to a time based belief. Think if me as you will, but I would love to give you the answer that you can believe and it has nothing to do with the creationism group you want to damn to hell for believing what they do. They very well could be just as wrong as you.

Last edited by CLX; 01-04-2013 at 08:03 PM..
Posts: 358
CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #1579
CLX CLX is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nunya
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
Settle down Tom, you are getting all worked up again. It is pretty rich you would question how much study someone has done while adding you see lots of evidence that was sorted out by others This coming from a person quoting books written in bronze age Persia. Books I am reasonably certain you have only read parts of yet boldly callout people for relying on others I have spent a great deal of time studing this subject including the books you base your attacks with others on. What evidence have we discovered form these writings? I will part with a couple quotes from a personal hero of mine Christopher Hitchens:

There are four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum of servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking.

Religion spoke its last intelligible or noble or inspiring words a long time ago: either that or it mutated into an admirable but nebulous humanism, as did, say, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a brave Lutheran pastor hanged by the Nazis for his refusal to collude with them. We shall have no more prophets or sages from the ancient quarter, which is why the devotions of today are only the echoing repetitions of yesterday, sometimes ratcheted up to screaming point so as to ward off the terrible emptiness~
You are so wrong that it's pretty funny. You have your belief in science and give no credibility to what most likely formed the life on earth. You claim things that are not and cannot be proven, regardless of the books that have been written.

I am whomever you want me to be none of the names you people throw my way click. But with a little bit of investigation I understand your conundrum, you have an issue with Bob, Tom and Gabe. Sorry about that but find a way to get by your petty concepts and look at how this earth was formed and when.
Posts: 358
CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #1580
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLX View Post
You are wrong on so many fronts. I doubt that you would follow what I believe as you are sold on evolution and are not willing to listen to a time based belief. Think if me as you will, but I would love to give you the answer that you can believe and it has nothing to do with the creationism group you want to damn to hell for believing what they do. They very well could be just as wrong as you.

And this was AFTER an edit? Holy shit, I can't imagine what you must have originally typed.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,170
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #1581
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $6587
You're so easily outed that it's hilarious when you try to deny being Tom, Tom. We know it's you.
Posts: 42,947
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #1582
Fish Fish is online now
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $11386
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLX View Post
You are wrong on so many fronts. I doubt that you would follow what I believe as you are sold on evolution and are not willing to listen to a time based belief. Think if me as you will, but I would love to give you the answer that you can believe and it has nothing to do with the creationism group you want to damn to hell for believing what they do. They very well could be just as wrong as you.
I'm not "Sold" on any one thing. I'll believe just about anything if there's definitive evidence for it. But you haven't offered up anything yourself. You've simply criticized other people's explanations. By all means offer an explanation and evidence. Tell me exactly what I'm wrong about. You've never specified.
__________________
Posts: 26,237
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #1583
listopencil listopencil is online now
sic semper tyrannis
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I'm not "Sold" on any one thing. I'll believe just about anything if there's definitive evidence for it. But you haven't offered up anything yourself. You've simply criticized other people's explanations. By all means offer an explanation and evidence. Tell me exactly what I'm wrong about. You've never specified.
Are you sure that you can follow a time based belief? I find the concept intriguing myself. Could it be a belief that is either correct or incorrect depending upon the time of day? Could it be a belief that takes a substantial amount of time to learn? To explain? To record? Could it be a belief that was once valid at some random point in time but is no longer valid? More importantly, would any of these be worthy of a belief system? Only time will tell, I suppose. I'm sure Tom...err..Time will come shining through at any moment now to illuminate the unenlightened.
__________________
"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison."


Posts: 29,170
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #1584
CLX CLX is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nunya
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
You're so easily outed that it's hilarious when you try to deny being Tom, Tom. We know it's you.
How do you react when you are told you are an asshole when you aren't an asshole? Some of the more intelligent posters told me that to deny that I'm tom, as you have, that I have to be someone I'm not. I don't care who you think I am but to not correct you would be nothing more than to allow you to show yourself as more stupid than I already think you are.

Call me Tom all you want, if he believes anything as I do he is probably all right in most peoples book. I'd rather be called Tom than Brock.
Posts: 358
CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #1585
CLX CLX is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nunya
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I'm not "Sold" on any one thing. I'll believe just about anything if there's definitive evidence for it. But you haven't offered up anything yourself. You've simply criticized other people's explanations. By all means offer an explanation and evidence. Tell me exactly what I'm wrong about. You've never specified.
You are bound by time, as are all that walk on the earth. God, on the other hand, is the alpha and omega and not bound by time.
Posts: 358
CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #1586
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $11334
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLX View Post
How do you react when you are told you are an asshole when you aren't an asshole? Some of the more intelligent posters told me that to deny that I'm tom, as you have, that I have to be someone I'm not. I don't care who you think I am but to not correct you would be nothing more than to allow you to show yourself as more stupid than I already think you are.

Call me Tom all you want, if he believes anything as I do he is probably all right in most peoples book. I'd rather be called Tom than Brock.
So you are saying there is no Tom??? Well Tom damn~
__________________
It would indeed be a tragedy if the history of the human race proved to be nothing more than the story of an ape playing with a box of matches on a petrol dump.
David Ormsby Gore~
Posts: 24,703
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #1587
CLX CLX is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nunya
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
So you are saying there is no Tom??? Well Tom damn~
I'm sure there are Toms all over the country. To want so badly for me to be Tom shows that you are desperate to have an enemy. Sorry, you have an enemy because you are a raider fan, almost all raider fans are either assholes or criminals. Rhetorical question of the day: Which are you?
Posts: 358
CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.CLX < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #1588
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $16688
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLX View Post
You are bound by time, as are all that walk on the earth. God, on the other hand, is the alpha and omega and not bound by time.
Perfect proof and evidence. I concede.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
High Tech is Sorcery and the people who are really powerful are literally telling people to commit crimes using the psychic interspace created by the WWW and Wireless. They are controlling peoples actions like drones . The two things are deeply intertwined. The more man's brain interfaces with machines the creepier it gets. They use brains separate from a human body in a supercomputer and you have The Image of the Beast. The military has been doing this since the 50s
Posts: 25,425
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #1589
RedNeckRaider RedNeckRaider is offline
Got highway?
 
RedNeckRaider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Close to the big pond~
Casino cash: $11334
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLX View Post
I'm sure there are Toms all over the country. To want so badly for me to be Tom shows that you are desperate to have an enemy. Sorry, you have an enemy because you are a raider fan, almost all raider fans are either assholes or criminals. Rhetorical question of the day: Which are you?
Tom you are like Don Quixote and ChiefsPlanet is your windmill. You keep charging only to be unseated from your mount ending up flustered on the ground. I will give you this much, you always muster up the will to get in the saddle ready for another charge. The results are always the same and a person can only wonder what is behind this endless yet futile battle~
__________________
It would indeed be a tragedy if the history of the human race proved to be nothing more than the story of an ape playing with a box of matches on a petrol dump.
David Ormsby Gore~
Posts: 24,703
RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.RedNeckRaider is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #1590
LiL stumppy LiL stumppy is offline
62-21
 
LiL stumppy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Springfield, Mo
Casino cash: $8192
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
That's not an issue of evolution. I think that has been mentioned once or twice before.
Theoretically it is, without the Big Bang, or the start of man kind, evolution would be an after thought. Any evolutionist's thoughts would have to begin with where we started.
__________________
I'm just cakn partna
Posts: 4,066
LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.LiL stumppy is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 PM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.