Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC & Vatican City

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM  
Dave Lane Dave Lane is offline
Space Cadet and Aczabel
 
Dave Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Kansas City, Mo, USA
Casino cash: $32494
VARSITY
Why people laugh at Creationists

Taking a lead from Killer Clown I thought I'd create a alternative thread to post some videos I like...

[EDIT New video here]

So on with the show:

Here's the Kent Hovind Theory:



"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions simply because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Last edited by Dave Lane; 01-08-2013 at 09:56 AM..
Posts: 27,642
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #1951
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Forever Royal
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I didn't say that. You're putting words in my mouth. Or you don't know the meaning of the word "gap." It's not the store in this case.
Then why would you respond to a post asking for evidence that disproves evolution?

The questions I quoted asked for evidence to disprove evolution because the claim was made it could be done. You then quote me saying "those gaps" as if they (the ones posted by patteeu) did a good job disproving evolution. Who is the one with the reading issue?
Posts: 10,316
mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #1952
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $50258
I didn't ask that. You put that word in my mouth.
__________________
Bill Belichick learned to film signals of opponents from the former Chiefs, and Charger's coach Schottenheimer. Others like Edwards, Johnson and Cowher did too. They learned from the CHEATS and CHEATERS who still couldn't win.
Posts: 64,337
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #1953
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Forever Royal
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Once, again another strawman argument. I realize it's the easy way out of an argument—by restating one that wasn't made to show how clever you are at refuting it. But I did not say that.
So we have the person you are referencing, who you claim did a good job to show gaps...now when I say we know there is more to learn ("gaps" for your sake) is not the same as disproving evolution you try to claim I am making up what was said? Good grief.
Posts: 10,316
mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #1954
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $50258
Did you say something?
__________________
Bill Belichick learned to film signals of opponents from the former Chiefs, and Charger's coach Schottenheimer. Others like Edwards, Johnson and Cowher did too. They learned from the CHEATS and CHEATERS who still couldn't win.
Posts: 64,337
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #1955
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Forever Royal
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I didn't ask that. You put that word in my mouth.
I just don't think you understand that evidence to disprove evolution is not the same as acknowledging that we are still learning (because that is all it is when someone points to "gaps"). It is okay though. Perhaps you will learn something from this thread. I have a pretty good grasp of it myself but there are others who are even more versed in it than I whom I can learn from.
Posts: 10,316
mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #1956
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Forever Royal
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Did you say something?
I did. And that sentence was the best reply you could come up with. The claim was made that there was evidence to disprove evolution. And in this thread we are still waiting for said evidence.
Posts: 10,316
mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #1957
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $50258
I say that when I think someone isn't worth talking to anymore. When you actually comprehend my point, perhaps I'll take it up.
__________________
Bill Belichick learned to film signals of opponents from the former Chiefs, and Charger's coach Schottenheimer. Others like Edwards, Johnson and Cowher did too. They learned from the CHEATS and CHEATERS who still couldn't win.
Posts: 64,337
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #1958
listopencil listopencil is offline
Akhilandeshwari
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $24998
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I'm looking for something that proves it —absolutely! Something we can all see leaving no doubt. Pat still did a good job on some of the gaps, imo.
Good luck. If you find something let me know. I do think it's the most reasonable theory that we have. In an evolution vs. creation debate/discussion/argument though...there really isn't much of anything there to support creation over it.
__________________
"Knowing there is a world that will outlive you, there are people whose well-being depends on how you live your life, affects the way you live your life, whether or not you directly experience those effects.
You want to be the kind of person who has the larger view, who takes other people’s interests into account, who’s dedicated to the principles that you can justify; like justice, knowledge, truth, beauty and morality.
"

Posts: 30,550
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #1959
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $50258
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Good luck. If you find something let me know. I do think it's the most reasonable theory that we have. In an evolution vs. creation debate/discussion/argument though...there really isn't much of anything there to support creation over it.
Again, as we've discussed before, I never said it was unreasonable or not plausible...just that it's not complete and/or completely proven empirically. It has to rely on logic to a degree.

Again, where consciousness or a soul enters in and who creates it cannot not rely on physical world laws to claim there isn't much of anything. Different subjects require different standards of proof.
__________________
Bill Belichick learned to film signals of opponents from the former Chiefs, and Charger's coach Schottenheimer. Others like Edwards, Johnson and Cowher did too. They learned from the CHEATS and CHEATERS who still couldn't win.
Posts: 64,337
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #1960
listopencil listopencil is offline
Akhilandeshwari
 
listopencil's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In Partibus Infidelium
Casino cash: $24998
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Again, as we've discussed before, I never said it was unreasonable or not plausible...just that it's not complete and/or completely proven empirically. It has to rely on logic to a degree.

Again, where consciousness or a soul enters in and who creates it cannot not rely on physical world laws to claim there isn't much of anything. Different subjects require different standards of proof.

I agree, although I'm unclear what you mean in the last sentence. I took that as each individual has to validate their own faith. That it's an internal process.
__________________
"Knowing there is a world that will outlive you, there are people whose well-being depends on how you live your life, affects the way you live your life, whether or not you directly experience those effects.
You want to be the kind of person who has the larger view, who takes other people’s interests into account, who’s dedicated to the principles that you can justify; like justice, knowledge, truth, beauty and morality.
"

Posts: 30,550
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #1961
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
BucPatriot
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $50258
Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I agree, although I'm unclear what you mean in the last sentence. I took that as each individual has to validate their own faith. That it's an internal process.
No, I don't it's only a matter of faith, as some social sciences seem to confirm and written about.
But I don't feel like arguing about it right now.
__________________
Bill Belichick learned to film signals of opponents from the former Chiefs, and Charger's coach Schottenheimer. Others like Edwards, Johnson and Cowher did too. They learned from the CHEATS and CHEATERS who still couldn't win.
Posts: 64,337
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #1962
mr. tegu mr. tegu is offline
Forever Royal
 
mr. tegu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Casino cash: $18731
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I say that when I think someone isn't worth talking to anymore. When you actually comprehend my point, perhaps I'll take it up.
You have no point. Just face it that you responded when you shouldn't have because you had nothing to add to the ACTUAL question at hand. Nobody will deny that we have more to learn, but that doesn't disprove evolution.
Posts: 10,316
mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.mr. tegu is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #1963
go bowe go bowe is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 
go bowe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: independence
Casino cash: $18479
remember who you're trying to talk with here...

rationality, logic and common sense are lacking in this one...

everything is either a strawman or an ad hominem or both...

evidence is a foreign concept and intelligible conversation is a lost art, long live wilful ignorance!!!!
Posts: 31,526
go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.go bowe has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #1964
Bump Bump is offline
DMVP
 
Bump's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Casino cash: $5075
Posts: 11,752
Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Bump has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #1965
KILLER_CLOWN KILLER_CLOWN is offline
Be HEALED!!!!!!!
 
KILLER_CLOWN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Pale(Chloros) ville
Casino cash: $23281
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
I will save him the trouble, kids had pet dinosaurs at one time~
You like many others have no clue what Hovind even says, going off half cocked...I thought you hated that kind of behavior....guess not.
__________________
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father ... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Posts: 26,598
KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.KILLER_CLOWN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dave ****s chimps, seeyouinhelldave

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:19 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.