Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM  
Mr. Laz Mr. Laz is offline
Don't Tease Me
 
Mr. Laz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: KS
Casino cash: $1021827
Stay Classy Republicans

Scott Van Duzer's Big Apple Pizza Gets Negative Yelp Reviews After Owner Bear-Hugs Obama

The Huffington Post | By Harry Bradford Posted: 09/10/2012 2:34 pm

Now there's yet another way to lower your business’s rating on Yelp: bear-hug the president.

Scott Van Duzer, a Republican and the owner of Big Apple Pizza in Fort Pierce, Fla., became an Internet sensation Sunday when he bear-hugged President Obama during a campaign visit. But while Obama supporters claimed the episode as a heartwarming example of the president’s willingness to cross party lines for small business, others were less impressed with the viral episode, and even took a shot at Van Duzer’s business because of it.

Several negative reviews have popped up on Big Apple Pizza’s Yelp profile, featuring low, 1-star ratings and comments about the bear hug:
Well.. I'd eat there but after seeing the owner grab our leftist President I felt compelled to disrespect his establishment as much as the President disrespects our constitution. Shame on you Scott Van Duzer for thumbing your nose at all the small business owners this President has disrespected for the last four years. I guess you DIDN'T BUILD IT!
Another reviewer let his 1-star rating do most of the talking, adding only, “Owner states he is a Republican that supports Obama.”

While Big Apple Pizza's positive Yelp reviews in response to the bear hugoutnumber the negative ones, the conservative backlash can be seen elsewhere on the Web. Right-leaning bloggers have criticized the gesture, questioning at best the authenticity of Van Duzer’s Republican affiliation, and at worst his intelligence, according to Daily Kos. The Gateway Pundit contributor Jim Hoft argues that the bear hug was staged, citing as proof a White House visit Van Duzer undertook with his charity last June.

Meanwhile, a photo of the hug was featured as Fox News Nation’s picture of the day Monday, where 37 readers voted it “Obnoxious”, compared to second-place rating of “Funny,” which got only 17 votes.


Posts: 83,818
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $29420
You want to get them, but good?

Go through their drivethru, order just a water, and berate the cashier for working for such a shitty establishment. Put the whole thing up on youtube.
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.
Posts: 45,594
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Bless FSU!
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $23731
Maybe it's because Van Duzer likes bombing drones being dropped on Ay-rabs and Osama bin Laden being killed.
__________________
“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature.” ~ James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“We do not believe in aggressive or preventive war. Such war is the weapon of dictators, not of free democratic countries like the United States.”~ Truman, Sept 1, 1950
Posts: 59,901
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Lightrise Lightrise is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Casino cash: $5130
I can understand people being thrilled to visit with the president, especially republicans who can't seem to connect with people. Some have speculated it was their obsession with torture. I give the guy a pass on this one. I've never wished a heckler on any politician. Nobody deserves that. Signs of opposition and peaceful demonstrations are ok, but not shouting matches.
Posts: 514
Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrise View Post
I can understand people being thrilled to visit with the president, especially republicans who can't seem to connect with people. Some have speculated it was their obsession with torture. I give the guy a pass on this one. I've never wished a heckler on any politician. Nobody deserves that. Signs of opposition and peaceful demonstrations are ok, but not shouting matches.
Preach!!!

Just like them black folk being thrilled to visit a black president, because it shows having a job and actually sticking around after the babies are born is a theoretical possibility.
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.
Posts: 45,594
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $23954
I can almost guarantee a Republican was not responsible for this. /Saul Good
__________________
Posts: 46,882
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Brock Brock is offline
Do it.
 
Brock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Larryville
Casino cash: $6567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
You want to get them, but good?

Go through their drivethru, order just a water, and berate the cashier for working for such a shitty establishment. Put the whole thing up on youtube.
It's funny because it's true.
Posts: 42,943
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
Pitt Gorilla Pitt Gorilla is offline
Banned!
 
Pitt Gorilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NOT Columbia, MO 65201
Casino cash: $13713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Preach!!!

Just like them black folk being thrilled to visit a black president, because it shows having a job and actually sticking around after the babies are born is a theoretical possibility.
Wow.
__________________

That rabbit is crazy; I'm Brian Waters!

Kotter: "You are lucky I'm truly not the vindictive or psycho type...I'd be careful from now on, and I'd just back the hell off if I were you....otherwise, the Mizzou "extension office" life might get exciting"

Kotter: "You're just gay. G-A-Y. Gay."
Posts: 22,222
Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pitt Gorilla has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
blaise blaise is offline
Gonzo = Sexy Bitch
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $540
Very low class. They should throw pies or glitter at people instead.
Posts: 21,106
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Baby Lee Baby Lee is offline
Cake Boss!!
 
Baby Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 456 Lick My Butthole Lane
Casino cash: $29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Wow.
Ev'ry time you 'wow' PG, an angel gets his wings.
__________________
Hunter Pence has no opinion on Lena Dunham's attractiveness.
Posts: 45,594
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
KC_Lee KC_Lee is offline
Peace kills...
 
KC_Lee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Madison, TN
Casino cash: $2790
Cause nobody with more left leaning politics would ever do something like this...
Posts: 2,790
KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC_Lee wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $19144
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Scott Van Duzer's Big Apple Pizza Gets Negative Yelp Reviews After Owner Bear-Hugs Obama

The Huffington Post | By Harry Bradford Posted: 09/10/2012 2:34 pm


Now there's yet another way to lower your business’s rating on Yelp: bear-hug the president.

Scott Van Duzer, a Republican and the owner of Big Apple Pizza in Fort Pierce, Fla., became an Internet sensation Sunday when he bear-hugged President Obama during a campaign visit. But while Obama supporters claimed the episode as a heartwarming example of the president’s willingness to cross party lines for small business, others were less impressed with the viral episode, and even took a shot at Van Duzer’s business because of it.


Several negative reviews have popped up on Big Apple Pizza’s Yelp profile, featuring low, 1-star ratings and comments about the bear hug:
Well.. I'd eat there but after seeing the owner grab our leftist President I felt compelled to disrespect his establishment as much as the President disrespects our constitution. Shame on you Scott Van Duzer for thumbing your nose at all the small business owners this President has disrespected for the last four years. I guess you DIDN'T BUILD IT!
Another reviewer let his 1-star rating do most of the talking, adding only, “Owner states he is a Republican that supports Obama.”

While Big Apple Pizza's positive Yelp reviews in response to the bear hugoutnumber the negative ones, the conservative backlash can be seen elsewhere on the Web. Right-leaning bloggers have criticized the gesture, questioning at best the authenticity of Van Duzer’s Republican affiliation, and at worst his intelligence, according to Daily Kos. The Gateway Pundit contributor Jim Hoft argues that the bear hug was staged, citing as proof a White House visit Van Duzer undertook with his charity last June.

Meanwhile, a photo of the hug was featured as Fox News Nation’s picture of the day Monday, where 37 readers voted it “Obnoxious”, compared to second-place rating of “Funny,” which got only 17 votes.


Come on Laz both sides do this type of shit.
__________________
If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu
Posts: 44,931
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
Frankie Frankie is offline
Banned
 
Frankie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Casino cash: $5000
This thread is useless without video:

Posts: 27,013
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #14
Frankie Frankie is offline
Banned
 
Frankie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2001
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
This thread is useless without video:
And yes, there are enlightened Republicans, though very few and far between.
Posts: 27,013
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
KChiefer KChiefer is offline
Fantastic Planeteer
 
KChiefer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Champaign, IL
Casino cash: $6821
Dude had 2 yelps before 9/10/12. He now has almost 1900. Love that some are trying to disguise their thumbs up/down as an actual critique on the restaurant.

I think we could save the government a lot of money if we just have the election at Big Apple Pizza's Yelp page.
Posts: 4,943
KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.