Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 AM  
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $5885
Case study for why third parties need to be entered into the debate

Leaked Debate Agreement Shows Both Obama and Romney are Sniveling Cowards

http://gawker.com/5951977/leaked-deb...veling-cowards
Posts: 50,865
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $5885
Our election process is a joke.
__________________
Ehyeh asher ehyeh.
Posts: 50,865
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
FishingRod FishingRod is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Casino cash: $5622
They can’t let a third party in the debate, what would they do if Gary Johnson was there and asked something like…

“To get a home loan from a Fannie Mae lender your debt to income needs to be 36% for all monthly debt payments. As such, the US government could not even qualify for home loan. Your two parties are responsible for this mess please explain why you both won’t apologize to the American people and prove your sincerity by withdrawing from the race? “
Posts: 3,210
FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
I'm not going to read the entire document, but the story seems reasonable, if a bit anal.
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingRod View Post
They can’t let a third party in the debate, what would they do if Gary Johnson was there and asked something like…

“To get a home loan from a Fannie Mae lender your debt to income needs to be 36% for all monthly debt payments. As such, the US government could not even qualify for home loan. Your two parties are responsible for this mess please explain why you both won’t apologize to the American people and prove your sincerity by withdrawing from the race? “
Gary Johnson was a Republican all the way up til one year ago, so I think that one would backfire rather quickly.
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
FishingRod FishingRod is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Casino cash: $5622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Literature View Post
Gary Johnson was a Republican all the way up til one year ago, so I think that one would backfire rather quickly.
He would have to sell it ( the lack of fiscal responsibility) as the reason he left the Party.
Posts: 3,210
FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FishingRod Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingRod View Post
He would have to sell it ( the lack of fiscal responsibility) as the reason he left the Party.
So, just abandon it instead of trying to reform it from within, then. /Romney

(Mostly playing devil's advocate to the devil's advocates, here)
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
jettio jettio is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Leaked Debate Agreement Shows Both Obama and Romney are Sniveling Cowards

http://gawker.com/5951977/leaked-deb...veling-cowards
I don't understand the headline on the link and your headline.

I think third parties are in if their candidate polls well enough to have a chance of winning.

There is no law requiring presidential debates, I do not see how this memo of understanding is a problem.

What about it is cowardly?

Considering how many people donate good money to these campaigns, it would be malpractice to not have some rules framework in place going into an event that could a big effect on the election outcome.

The interesting thing is how the rules are not strictly followed and there is no effective way to enforce the rules against the candidates, or the moderator, unless the moderator hopes to serve in a future debate.
__________________
Where Ignorance is Bliss, 'Tis Folly to be Wise.

__
Posts: 6,968
jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.jettio must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $5885
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post

I think third parties are in if their candidate polls well enough to have a chance of winning.

A third party will never poll well enough to have a chance to win if they are not included in the debate. That's the media environment we are in. I'm not sure the point of people like you and Junsen pretending that's not the case. Intellectual dishonesty suits you both though.


Gary Johnson included in these debates, however, would be very competitive right about now. This is the weakest field in many generations. Gary Johnson would have a very good chance to steal enough votes from both guys to win the presidency and change the course of history. Might not do it, but right about now, both Obama and Romney look very stale an unattractive.
__________________
Ehyeh asher ehyeh.
Posts: 50,865
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
A third party will never poll well enough to have a chance to win if they are not included in the debate. That's the media environment we are in.
This. IMO the time is now ripe more than ever for a 3rd party candidate to rise up. People everywhere are frustrated with both Dems, Repubs and the entire traditional political process. I hear it every single day from all sorts of people.

Alot of people just vote Dem or Repub because they feel they are just throwing away their vote if they vote for a 3rd party. Imagine if all these people didnt feel that way and could be swayed?
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,684
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
La literatura La literatura is offline
MVP
 
La literatura's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This is the weakest field in many generations. Gary Johnson would have a very good chance to steal enough votes from both guys to win the presidency and change the course of history. Might not do it, but right about now, both Obama and Romney look very stale an unattractive.
You make it sound as if people will no longer be able to vote for Gary Johnson.
Posts: 7,171
La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.La literatura is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $6097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
A third party will never poll well enough to have a chance to win if they are not included in the debate. That's the media environment we are in. I'm not sure the point of people like you and Junsen pretending that's not the case. Intellectual dishonesty suits you both though.


Gary Johnson included in these debates, however, would be very competitive right about now. This is the weakest field in many generations. Gary Johnson would have a very good chance to steal enough votes from both guys to win the presidency and change the course of history. Might not do it, but right about now, both Obama and Romney look very stale an unattractive.
How did Ross Perot get in?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,643
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Saul Good
This message has been deleted by Saul Good.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Saul Good
This message has been deleted by Saul Good.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $7180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
How did Ross Perot get in?
Because he had a whole lot of this: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,684
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
Taco John Taco John is offline
12on Paul
 
Taco John's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2001
Casino cash: $5885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
How did Ross Perot get in?
By being rich as **** and buying his way in.
__________________
Ehyeh asher ehyeh.
Posts: 50,865
Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Taco John is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
Saul Good Saul Good is online now
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $6097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Because he had a whole lot of this: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
A rich guy ran for president? How exotic!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,643
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.