Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 AM  
El Jefe El Jefe is offline
Don't tread on me.
 
El Jefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Where the peaches grow
Casino cash: $7545
US Ambassador in Libya Killed

Crazy times, they said this too in relation with the Cairo uprisal has to do with an American Israeli who made a movie that was anti-muslim. Apparently in was only shown in one hole in the wall movie theatre in Cali, but it hit Youtube hard.

http://gma.yahoo.com/u-s--ambassador...-benghazi.html
Posts: 8,134
El Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliEl Jefe 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #121
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $19119
VARSITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Let's not go off half cocked.
You really don't think we havnt been tracking the al-quaeda cells in Libya and Egypt? You really think we don't know where they usually hang out? Go there find out where they are hiding nOw. Then put some tomahawks up their ass.
__________________
If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu
Posts: 44,931
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Taco John
This message has been deleted by Taco John.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #122
Aries Walker Aries Walker is offline
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $11157
There are two al-Libi's, neither of whom is probably actually named 'al-Libi'. The name simply means 'of Libya'. Abu Faraj al-Libi was Al Qaeda's number 3, was captured, and is now in Guantanamo. Abu Yahya al-Libi was 'promoted' to Al Qaeda's number 2 when al-Zawahiri took over; he was killed by a drone strike earlier this year. The tape that al-Zawahiri just put out goes on and on about what a martyr Abu Yahya al-Libi was, and how Muslims should avenge him, so that's probably what these terrorists were doing.

And the BBC is the gold standard for international news. Since it's not American, it's not slanted either way, and therefore gives good, balanced world news. For local or national news, of course, it doesn't work, for obvious reasons.
Posts: 5,055
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #123
Aries Walker Aries Walker is offline
Back again.
 
Aries Walker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Aspen Hill, MD
Casino cash: $11157
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
You really don't think we havnt been tracking the al-quaeda cells in Libya and Egypt? You really think we don't know where they usually hang out? Go there find out where they are hiding nOw. Then put some tomahawks up their ass.
I think that's exactly what we're about to do. All we have to do is find out which hovel they're crouched in - which will be made significantly easier, since half of Libya is dying to turn these creeps in - and then I'm betting you'll see some action.
Posts: 5,055
Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.Aries Walker is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #124
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $12249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
And the BBC is the gold standard for international news. Since it's not American, it's not slanted either way, and therefore gives good, balanced world news. For local or national news, of course, it doesn't work, for obvious reasons.
BBC is third on my list historically. They actually do have a slant although it has shifted slightly over the years. WAY back it was slightly right now it is slightly left. 2nd on my list was the short lived ITV News Channel.. which now you are stuck with just catching ITV News... no 24 hour channel.

And the best of my viewing life is not a channel but a program. The MacNeil Lehrer Newshour!

For American TV, CNN is almost worthless anymore but it is the most centrist. I would put it just slightly left of BBC but that is still fairly close to center.

If anyone cares.. I rank Fox far right and MSNBC FAR FAR left. CBS, NBC and ABC are far left(in that order of leftyness)... almost as far left as Fox is right.
Posts: 15,274
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #125
WoodDraw WoodDraw is offline
Veteran
 
WoodDraw's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $5159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
There are two al-Libi's, neither of whom is probably actually named 'al-Libi'. The name simply means 'of Libya'. Abu Faraj al-Libi was Al Qaeda's number 3, was captured, and is now in Guantanamo. Abu Yahya al-Libi was 'promoted' to Al Qaeda's number 2 when al-Zawahiri took over; he was killed by a drone strike earlier this year. The tape that al-Zawahiri just put out goes on and on about what a martyr Abu Yahya al-Libi was, and how Muslims should avenge him, so that's probably what these terrorists were doing.

And the BBC is the gold standard for international news. Since it's not American, it's not slanted either way, and therefore gives good, balanced world news. For local or national news, of course, it doesn't work, for obvious reasons.
Ah, fair enough. That's what I get for pretending to know something...
Posts: 3,785
WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.WoodDraw has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #126
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $12249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanman View Post
Romney is a dipshit. He had a chance today to at least back off of his ignorant statements last night and instead of appearing reasonable, he doubled down and continued spewing his bullshit.
See, here we will have to disagree.

#1 I find the Cairo statement inexcusable. Period.

#2 I agree with Romney's statement last night 1000%, it was appropriate and my only complaint was that it should have been more specific to the statement and not an overall attack on the entire administration... though one could say that the administration is responsible for the statement... I personally don't feel that way

HERE COMES A POINT THAT PEOPLE ARE IGNORING...

#3 Obama's campaign ATTACKED Romney for his statement. If you want to bitch about Romney you sure as hell better bitch about this. It was a pure political move and they easily could have just let things slide.

#4 Romney restates his earlier comments IN RESPONSE to the attack by the Obama campaign. Here is where I will criticise Romney.. HE should have let it go at this point.

If you want to defend the indefensible Cairo statement, go ahead but remember that even Obama isn't on your side there. BUT if you go that route, then don't be a hypocrite and please criticise both sides for saying that the statement was wrong.

If you want to attack Romney for making it "political" then you sure as hell better criticise the Obama campaign as well.

For those who are defending Romney... you can't get behind his statement without recognizing that Obama basically is saying the same thing. He wants nothing to do with the Cairo statement and he deserves credit there.

How's that for TRULY fair and balanced!
Posts: 15,274
AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.AustinChief has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #127
BryanBusby BryanBusby is offline
MVP
 
BryanBusby's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Casino cash: $5115
I've actually have grown to prefer watching al jazeera for world news.
__________________
Posts: 6,381
BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BryanBusby Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #128
Lightrise Lightrise is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Casino cash: $5130
If there was ever any doubt it should be clear now, Romney is not a politician. He simply does not have personal and persuasive skills for this job.
Posts: 514
Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Lightrise < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #129
mlyonsd mlyonsd is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Spink, SD
Casino cash: $10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
See, here we will have to disagree.

#1 I find the Cairo statement inexcusable. Period.

#2 I agree with Romney's statement last night 1000%, it was appropriate and my only complaint was that it should have been more specific to the statement and not an overall attack on the entire administration... though one could say that the administration is responsible for the statement... I personally don't feel that way

HERE COMES A POINT THAT PEOPLE ARE IGNORING...

#3 Obama's campaign ATTACKED Romney for his statement. If you want to bitch about Romney you sure as hell better bitch about this. It was a pure political move and they easily could have just let things slide.

#4 Romney restates his earlier comments IN RESPONSE to the attack by the Obama campaign. Here is where I will criticise Romney.. HE should have let it go at this point.

If you want to defend the indefensible Cairo statement, go ahead but remember that even Obama isn't on your side there. BUT if you go that route, then don't be a hypocrite and please criticise both sides for saying that the statement was wrong.

If you want to attack Romney for making it "political" then you sure as hell better criticise the Obama campaign as well.

For those who are defending Romney... you can't get behind his statement without recognizing that Obama basically is saying the same thing. He wants nothing to do with the Cairo statement and he deserves credit there.

How's that for TRULY fair and balanced!
Bingo. Very well put.
Posts: 25,466
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #130
mlyonsd mlyonsd is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Spink, SD
Casino cash: $10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrise View Post
If there was ever any doubt it should be clear now, Romney is not a politician. He simply does not have personal and persuasive skills for this job.
And this is bad why?
Posts: 25,466
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #131
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is offline
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I've actually have grown to prefer watching al jazeera for world news.
It's fun to tell hayseeds that - they think you are a terrorist sympathizer.
__________________
http://www.goemaw.com
Posts: 46,246
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #132
Saulbadguy Saulbadguy is offline
When a nightmare becomes real
 
Saulbadguy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Casino cash: $9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
If it wasn't planned, it was used. The picture is becoming pretty clear now that this wasn't a popular mob uprising, but a planned terrorist hit.
Bingo.
__________________
http://www.goemaw.com
Posts: 46,246
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #133
Der Flöprer Der Flöprer is offline
Flop Heil!
 
Der Flöprer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Top 5 CP Overlord
Casino cash: $10077213
It's a shame that most Americans will never see those pictures of Libyans holding up signs apologizing for their terrorist counterparts. Instead, the majority of Americans will just go on believing those people are all evil, and terrorists.

That said, I feel more sorry for the ****s who've seen it and continue that propaganda in the first place. You know who you are.
__________________
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.
Posts: 47,778
Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.Der Flöprer is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #134
Radar Chief Radar Chief is offline
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.
 
Radar Chief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: In the box.
Casino cash: $10377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Walker View Post
And the BBC is the gold standard for international news. Since it's not American, it's not slanted either way, and therefore gives good, balanced world news. For local or national news, of course, it doesn't work, for obvious reasons.
Oh, so it wasn’t a joke. Well, BBC reporters themselves readily admit their left bias. They make no bones about it.
Ever watch any British shows? Talk to British/English, since there is a difference, people? They mock how left biased BBCN presents the news. Hell, just watch Top Gear, they make jokes about BBCN all the time.
__________________
Like "Cool Hand" Luke I'm busting rocks.

__/|_/[___]
|/ \\_| ---OllllO
_( ))~-( ))-0--))
Posts: 22,894
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #135
|Zach| |Zach| is offline
For The Glory Of The City
 
|Zach|'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kansas City
Casino cash: $6914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
Oh, so it wasn’t a joke. Well, BBC reporters themselves readily admit their left bias. They make no bones about it.
Ever watch any British shows? Talk to British/English, since there is a difference, people? They mock how left biased BBCN presents the news. Hell, just watch Top Gear, they make jokes about BBCN all the time.
So you take your news cues from a car show?
__________________
Posts: 45,794
|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.|Zach| has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.