Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > D.C.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 04:37 PM  
BigRedChief BigRedChief is offline
Brainwashed
 
BigRedChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Swims with fishes
Casino cash: $299805
Obama's record. A snapshot of facts

Obama Job creator?




Manufacturing




Obama the big spender?


Home Prices


Stock market

Last edited by BigRedChief; 09-27-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Posts: 42,517
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #46
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $121637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
x = 6?

5
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,326
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #47
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $1208896
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
This thread is coming from a partisan source so we should just discount the OP, right?

If facts are facts, then facts are still facts when they come from a partisan source.
Sometimes.

There's a difference, however, in talking to a person who's presenting their point of view, and someone who is presenting the collected point of view of a shit ton of partisan sources.

You should not rely on politicians for facts. Rely on experts.
__________________
Posts: 43,693
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #48
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Sometimes.

There's a difference, however, in talking to a person who's presenting their point of view, and someone who is presenting the collected point of view of a shit ton of partisan sources.

You should not rely on politicians for facts. Rely on experts.
Are the facts pete posted wrong? If not, and I bet they aren't, then what's your point?
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #49
blaise blaise is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Casino cash: $9708626
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Good golly! Gas and food cost more than 4 years ago? This is probably the first time in history prices have risen in a 4-year period. My grandpa told me how he used to be able to go to the movies for a nickel and have enough left over for a sodey-pop. Now a movie is $10. Grrrr! Obama!
Of course price increases don't matter. Obama is President!

- cosmo
Posts: 20,070
blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.blaise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #50
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $121637
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise View Post
Of course price increases don't matter. Obama is President!

- cosmo
Seems like you are pretty much ignoring common sense. Prices on most things tend to go up over time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,326
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #51
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $1208896
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Are the facts pete posted wrong? If not, and I bet they aren't, then what's your point?
They could be wrong.

If they come from a partisan source, they could be blatantly misrepresented or distorted. That's far more common an occurrence from partisan sources.

As a result, I now have to do independent research to verify it, which most people won't do.

If you want to come across as honest, and present facts as honestly as you can, avoid partisan sources.
__________________
Posts: 43,693
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #52
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $1208896
Besides, pat, how often did you used to criticize me for sources you thought were biased?

I know you're swimming in the art of shilling these days, but you gotta pick your battles better.
__________________
Posts: 43,693
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #53
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Here are some more Obama facts:

Muslims are rioting in the streets all across the Islamic world expressing their hatred of the US.

We just experienced the first assassination of a US Ambassador since the Jimmy Carter era.

Obama snubbed the Israeli Prime Minister and explained that his schedule was too full. Meanwhile, he has made appearances on the Letterman show, the View, and at mulitple fundraisers and campaigning stops including one hosted by Jay-Z and Beyonce.

Obama's UN Ambassador, after lying to the country in five separate national TV appearances in the immediate aftermath of the aforementioned Ambassador assassination, attended the UN speech of Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but chose not to attend that of Benjamin Netanyahu.

And now an opinion: Obama's foreign policy is a disaster that's only getting worse.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #54
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Besides, pat, how often did you used to criticize me for sources you thought were biased?

I know you're swimming in the art of shilling these days, but you gotta pick your battles better.
I'm responding to someone (BRC) who says that facts are facts and who doesn't seem to recognize that facts can be used to mislead.

When I criticize your sources, I'm not criticizing the truth of real facts. I'm criticizing the objectivity of the presentation of those facts, the thoroughness of the analysis based on those facts, or the conclusions being drawn from those facts.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #55
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
They could be wrong.

If they come from a partisan source, they could be blatantly misrepresented or distorted. That's far more common an occurrence from partisan sources.

As a result, I now have to do independent research to verify it, which most people won't do.

If you want to come across as honest, and present facts as honestly as you can, avoid partisan sources.
I read this post after the one I just responded to. I agree with what you're saying here. I have to wonder why you didn't make these points when BRC created this thread instead of waiting until now. Of course, I understand that it's because you're swimming in the art of shilling these days so I don't really wonder all that much.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #56
Direckshun Direckshun is offline
Black for Palestine
 
Direckshun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springpatch
Casino cash: $1208896
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I'm responding to someone (BRC) who says that facts are facts and who doesn't seem to recognize that facts can be used to mislead.

When I criticize your sources, I'm not criticizing the truth of real facts. I'm criticizing the objectivity of the presentation of those facts, the thoroughness of the analysis based on those facts, or the conclusions being drawn from those facts.
When you're using partisan sources, it's far more common for alleged facts to simply be wrong.

That's why you don't use them.
__________________
Posts: 43,693
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #57
cosmo20002 cosmo20002 is offline
Debunking your bullshit
 
cosmo20002's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: KC area
Casino cash: $121637
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Here are some more Obama facts:

Muslims are rioting in the streets all across the Islamic world expressing their hatred of the US.

We just experienced the first assassination of a US Ambassador since the Jimmy Carter era.

Obama snubbed the Israeli Prime Minister and explained that his schedule was too full. Meanwhile, he has made appearances on the Letterman show, the View, and at mulitple fundraisers and campaigning stops including one hosted by Jay-Z and Beyonce.

Obama's UN Ambassador, after lying to the country in five separate national TV appearances in the immediate aftermath of the aforementioned Ambassador assassination, attended the UN speech of Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but chose not to attend that of Benjamin Netanyahu.

And now an opinion: Obama's foreign policy is a disaster that's only getting worse.
Wow. A perfect example of grasping at straws. Your first one is the most ridiculous. Hell, if they weren't expressing US hatred, you would say it is because of Obama's appeasement of them. Of course, you say that also. He's simultaneously appeasing and outraging them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris616 View Post
As long as Jesus Christ was the president of the US and approved of it Yes.
Posts: 17,326
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #58
patteeu patteeu is offline
The 23rd Pillar
 
patteeu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Casino cash: $473425
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Wow. A perfect example of grasping at straws. Your first one is the most ridiculous. Hell, if they weren't expressing US hatred, you would say it is because of Obama's appeasement of them. Of course, you say that also. He's simultaneously appeasing and outraging them.
His efforts to appease have been miserable failures as anyone with half a brain could have predicted. If appeasement were a strategy for success, there wouldn't be anything wrong with it.
__________________


"I'll see you guys in New York." ISIS Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to US military personnel upon his release from US custody at Camp Bucca in Iraq during Obama's first year in office.
Posts: 75,743
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #59
Mr. Plow Mr. Plow is online now
Bitterness
 
Mr. Plow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mmmmmm....Forbidden Donut
Casino cash: $607531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
They could be wrong.

If they come from a partisan source, they could be blatantly misrepresented or distorted. That's far more common an occurrence from partisan sources.

As a result, I now have to do independent research to verify it, which most people won't do.

If you want to come across as honest, and present facts as honestly as you can, avoid partisan sources.

So you don't know they are wrong, but you are just assuming they are either wrong or distorted to fit an agenda.
Posts: 23,772
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #60
headsnap headsnap is offline
Da!
 
headsnap's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Space Station #5
Casino cash: $10069536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
So you don't know they are wrong, but you are just assuming they are either wrong or distorted to fit an agenda.
his facts are better than your facts...
Posts: 15,883
headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.headsnap would the whole thing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.