Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM  
Count Zarth Count Zarth is offline
Emperor of the Universe
 
Count Zarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Casino cash: $10239415
KC Star Pioli interview

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/17...-our-jobs.html

Quote:
Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli took responsibility for the Chiefs’ disappointing 1-5 start in question-and-answer session with The Star on Wednesday morning. Pioli also discussed the state of the Chiefs during their bye week and reports about his contract status.

Here are some highlights of the interview:

• How surprised are you at 1-5?

“Surprised … or disappointed. That’s where we are. This is certainly not what the expectation was. But it’s where we are. You can’t wallow in it. You work hard and you figure it out. That’s what we’re going to do.”

• What’s been the biggest disappointment?

“The record, the overall performance, the performance by everybody … We all have a hand in this thing, starting with me. Ultimately I’m responsible for the football operation, and we’re 1-5. We all need to do our jobs better, starting with me.

• Have you discussed a contract extension with Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt as reported by CBS? (Note: The Star reported Sunday, citing a source close to the situation, that the Chiefs have not offered Pioli a contract extension nor have discussed an extension. Hunt told The Star that the Chiefs do not discuss contracts publicly.)

“Clark spoke to The Star last week, and that’s our organizational philosophy. We don’t talk about players’ contracts, we don’t talk about coaches’ contracts, anybody who has a contract, we don’t talk about those things. It’s an organizational philosophy that I believe in as well. That’s where it’s at.”

• So where do you think this (CBS’ report) originated, if you nor Clark talk about contracts?

“I don’t waste energy on that stuff. You know what I’ve got to do? I’ve got to get this thing fixed. That’s where I need to spend my time, energy and emotion on is getting this football team fixed. Not chasing rumors because those are the things that are offshoots of what the real problem is. It becomes a rumor, it becomes a story because we’re not winning.

“This isn’t about me and my contractual situation. This is about getting the team right.”

• But if your contract is through 2013, you’d have one year left, and (coach) Romeo Crennel will have two years left because he’s through 2014; what kind of confidence can fans or free agents have that there will be a lame-duck situation here next year?

“I’m not going to talk about the contract, and I’m not going to worry about the contract.”

• What’s your feeling on the job Romeo Crennel has done? Should he hand over the defensive coordinator job to someone else and just concentrate on being the head coach?

“I don’t believe his plate is too full. I’ve watched, whether perception or reality, every head coach has a greater input into one side of the ball or the other, or even some times special teams. Romeo has a couple of experienced coaches on the defensive staff that have a lot to do with game-planning, with figuring things out, and (linebackers coach) Gary Gibbs and (secondary coach) Emmitt Thomas along with some other coaches … this is an experienced staff on defense. Romeo is the coordinator, but I’ve seen this before, and it’s worked, and it can continue to work. There are times we are playing very well on defense.”

• What kind of grade would you give Romeo at this point?

“I think he’s doing a good job of handling this football team in a tough set of circumstances right now.”

• During training camp, you were confident quarterback Matt Cassel could lead this team to a championship. What’s happened to him?

“He wishes he performed better, I think this whole team wishes they played better.”

• Don’t you need an elite quarterback to win in this league?

“You need a good football team to win in this league. You need a good football team that is going to do all the things the right way. Heck yes, you need a quarterback to play well, and you need a team to play well.”

• So what is the hope for this team?

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things ourselves and we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially worse.”

• Is that coaching?

“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me.”

• So do you not have the “Right 53” you’re always talking about?

“You’re always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. I’m always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. Ultimately that stops here.”

• You’ve had four years of drafts? Shouldn’t there be some impact players?

“I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact. Right now, there’s clearly not enough players making an impact. You can’t be 1-5 and say players are making an impact. When we won in 2010, a number of those drafted players were making an impact.”
Posts: 165,226
Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Count Zarth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
themanwithnoname themanwithnoname is offline
Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Casino cash: $6039
Nice to see the KC media seems to have found their balls.

I love that they didn't just drop the extension talk. Shame they didn't go back to it after pointing out the total failure of everything else.

Quote:
“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me.”
What a dick, even when he tries to take the blame he trashes others.
Posts: 247
themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.themanwithnoname is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #32
DaneMcCloud DaneMcCloud is offline
Band
 
DaneMcCloud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The 'Wood
Casino cash: $10138218
The first thing that came to mind was "Where is Justin Houston?"

Moeaki? Jackson?

This guy is even worse at talent evaluation than I suspected back in 2009.
Posts: 48,886
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
Fish Fish is offline
Missing Dick Curl
 
Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Casino cash: $2118949
JFC......
__________________
Posts: 25,286
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
Tribal Warfare Tribal Warfare is offline
The Boom Boom Room
 
Tribal Warfare's Avatar
 
2D Knock-Out Champion
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Far Beyond Comprehension
Casino cash: $1076943
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic View Post
Pioli is a ****ing troll. He's full of shit with every answer he has. And he tries to the pull the whole "I don't waste energy on stuff like that".

Yet he will waste all his energy on attempting to save his public perception.
Shit, Pioli might be on his Android/Iphone reading the BB at this very moment to see the reaction his interview is receiving.
__________________
Posts: 28,103
Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.Tribal Warfare is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #35
The Bad Guy The Bad Guy is offline
Scott Pioli
 
The Bad Guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: The Copacobana
Casino cash: $230273
Refuses to basically put any real blame on the QB that leads the league in turnovers and is ranked 33rd in QB rating.

If Pioli, Cassel and Crennel are back next year, I'm finding another team to follow.

I'm not going to have my son grow up to like these losers and be miserable like I am.
__________________
Posts: 22,153
The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Bad Guy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #36
Simply Red Simply Red is offline
SNR's battery back-up
 
Simply Red's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N Dem Skinz
Casino cash: $1068542
I'd bet KC Nut after a fifth of Jim Beam would provide more sound answers.

**** this Amatuer clown, he's not even professional at being a clown.
Posts: 39,973
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #37
KC Tattoo KC Tattoo is offline
SPOT THE PSYCHO
 
KC Tattoo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ks
Casino cash: $54375691
• So what is the hope for this team?

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things ourselves and we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially worse.”


GET US A QUARTERBACK AND HALF THOSE MISTAKES GO AWAY.

GET US A HC OC & DC AND THE OTHER HALF OF THOSE MISTAKES GO AWAY

YOU STUPID STUPID STUPID MAN.

**** YOU SCOTT PIOLI **** YOU.
Posts: 20,720
KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC Tattoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
gblowfish gblowfish is offline
Be Kind To Your Pets
 
gblowfish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Glorious Independence, MO
Casino cash: $3178472
I am quite fluent in "GM Speak," I translated King Carl for many years. Fat Scott is not nearly as cryptic as the King.

Let me translate this interview in plain English, minus coach speak spin:

• How surprised are you at 1-5?

“Surprised … or disappointed. That’s where we are. It is what it is. What it is, where it went, WTF? But it’s where we are. You can’t wallow in it. You don't bathe in it. You wipe it off the bottom of your shoe, then scrape your shoe in the grass three or four times. That’s what we’re going to do.”

• What’s been the biggest disappointment?

"I hate myself and want to die. We all have a hand in this thing, starting with me. I have been touching myself irresponsibly for weeks now. Ultimately I’m responsible for the football operation, and we’re 1-5. To be brief let me say: Let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me."

• Have you discussed a contract extension with Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt as reported by CBS? (Note: The Star reported Sunday, citing a source close to the situation, that the Chiefs have not offered Pioli a contract extension nor have discussed an extension. Hunt told The Star that the Chiefs do not discuss contracts publicly.)

“CHunt spoke to The Star last week, and that’s our organizational philosophy. The first thing you learn about Chiefs Contract Club is…..you DON'T TALK ABOUT CHIEFS CONTRACT CLUB! That’s where it’s at, that what it be, fo'shizzle.”

• So where do you think this (CBS’ report) originated, if you nor Clark talk about contracts?

“I don’t waste energy on that stuff. You know what I’ve got to do? I have to take a hellacious dump. After that, I’ve got to get this thing fixed. That’s where I need to spend my time, energy and emotion on is getting this football team fixed. Not chasing rumors because those are the things that are offshoots of what the real problem is. Don't say you love me when it's just a rumor. Don't say a word if there is any doubt. Sometimes I think that love is just a tumor. You've got to cut it out."

• But if your contract is through 2013, you’d have one year left, and (coach) Romeo Crennel will have two years left because he’s through 2014; what kind of confidence can fans or free agents have that there will be a lame-duck situation here next year?

“There are no ducks on the Arrowhead pond. First rule of Chiefs Contract Club....”

• What’s your feeling on the job Romeo Crennel has done? Should he hand over the defensive coordinator job to someone else and just concentrate on being the head coach?

“I don’t believe his plate is too full. Romeo can eat like a mofo. I’ve watched, whether perception or reality, every head coach can only stuff so much into his gaping yaw. Romeo has a greater input into one side of his mouth than the other, or even some times he jams food in both sides of his mouth at the same time. It's amazing, really. Romeo has a couple of experienced coaches on the defensive staff that have a lot to do with game-planning, with figuring things out, and (linebackers coach) Gary Gibbs and (secondary coach) Emmitt Thomas along with some other coaches … this is an experienced staff on defense. Any of them could coach this mess, seriously. Romeo is the lead dog, the big cheese, the kahuna, the BMOC, but I’ve seen this before, and it will not end well, I assure you.

• What kind of grade would you give Romeo at this point?

“I think he’s doing a good job of handling this football team in a remedial, riding-the-short-bus kinda way right now.”

• During training camp, you were confident quarterback Matt Cassel could lead this team to a championship. What’s happened to him?

“Toxic shock syndrome, I'm sure of it.”

• Don’t you need an elite quarterback to win in this league?

“Like John Madden always says :You need a good football team to win in this league. You need a good football team that is going to do all the things the right way. Heck yes, you need a quarterback to play for the good football team and well, if your quarterback plays well, then the football team will be good and you'll win. If not, you won't.”

• So what is the hope for this team?

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things, like our belt buckles. We're literally dropping trou out there, and it's not pretty. Not pretty at all. And we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making critical mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having critical penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially more critical. Did I say "Critical" enough to describe how critical this all is?”

• Is that coaching?

“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me. Hit me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. HIT ME……HIT ME MOTHERF•CKER!!!”

• So do you not have the “Right 53” you’re always talking about?

“You’re always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. I’m always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. Have you got a calculator and a slide rule handy?”

• You’ve had four years of drafts? Shouldn’t there be some impact players?

“I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. (Starts laughing uncontrollably, takes several minutes to regain his composure….) I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact. Both of them made major impacts on their ACL's, that's for sure. Right now, there’s clearly not enough players making an impact. You can’t be 1-5 and say players are making an impact. When we won in 2010, a number of those drafted players were making an impact. I want to see more of my players get impacted, and with the right diet, a believe we can do that. Now pick up that candy wrapper, I have to get back to monitoring all incoming phone calls and emails.”
Posts: 26,131
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #39
theelusiveeightrop theelusiveeightrop is offline
Spiraling down the Drain
 
theelusiveeightrop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $105180
That was a waste of 4 minutes. Pioli is a waste of oxygen.
Posts: 18,964
theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #40
SNR SNR is online now
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4576140
I'd love to see him try to Patriot Way the **** out of a kind of question where he is forced to either out himself as an arrogant piece of shit or admit what a ****ing catastrophe he's done. Something like: "How surprised would you be if Clark Hunt fired you before the end of the season?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 54,245
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #41
HemiEd HemiEd is offline
Supporter
 
HemiEd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Casino cash: $7245827
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
I can't believe I backed this guy for so long. I'm an idiot.
x2
Posts: 24,418
HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.HemiEd has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #42
siberian khatru siberian khatru is offline
21st Century Schizoid Fan
 
siberian khatru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Gates of Delirium
Casino cash: $126497
The man who won Super Bowls with Tom Brady doesn't think you need an elite QB in this league.
__________________
If you make enough good decisions, three-year plans turn into two-year plans and five-year plans turn into three-year plans. If you make bad decisions, 10-year plans turn into no plan. -- Dayton Moore, 2006

"I'm not talking about getting to .500, I'm talking about winning the World Series when I say eight to 10 years." -- Dayton Moore, May 20, 2009
Posts: 43,333
siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.siberian khatru has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #43
BoneKrusher BoneKrusher is offline
That's Right
 
BoneKrusher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bluefield, Virginia
Casino cash: $1587661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blick View Post
In 2010, Berry and Moeaki were good players for us.
i'll take a lot of heat for this but IMO Scott drafted the wrong safety.
Earl Thomas is an impact player.
__________________


For Those About To Rock...I Salute You

Posts: 6,957
BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.BoneKrusher wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #44
scott free scott free is offline
ask for it by name
 
scott free's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: the goldilocks zone
Casino cash: $3185457
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I am quite fluent in "GM Speak," I translated King Carl for many years. Fat Scott is not nearly as cryptic as the King.

Let me translate this interview in plain English, minus coach speak spin:

• How surprised are you at 1-5?

“Surprised … or disappointed. That’s where we are. It is what it is. What it is, where it went, WTF? But it’s where we are. You can’t wallow in it. You don't bathe in it. You wipe it off the bottom of your shoe, then scrape your shoe in the grass three or four times. That’s what we’re going to do.”

• What’s been the biggest disappointment?

"I hate myself and want to die. We all have a hand in this thing, starting with me. I have been touching myself irresponsibly for weeks now. Ultimately I’m responsible for the football operation, and we’re 1-5. To be brief let me say: Let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me."

• Have you discussed a contract extension with Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt as reported by CBS? (Note: The Star reported Sunday, citing a source close to the situation, that the Chiefs have not offered Pioli a contract extension nor have discussed an extension. Hunt told The Star that the Chiefs do not discuss contracts publicly.)

“CHunt spoke to The Star last week, and that’s our organizational philosophy. The first thing you learn about Chiefs Contract Club is…..you DON'T TALK ABOUT CHIEFS CONTRACT CLUB! That’s where it’s at, that what it be, fo'shizzle.”

• So where do you think this (CBS’ report) originated, if you nor Clark talk about contracts?

“I don’t waste energy on that stuff. You know what I’ve got to do? I have to take a hellacious dump. After that, I’ve got to get this thing fixed. That’s where I need to spend my time, energy and emotion on is getting this football team fixed. Not chasing rumors because those are the things that are offshoots of what the real problem is. Don't say you love me when it's just a rumor. Don't say a word if there is any doubt. Sometimes I think that love is just a tumor. You've got to cut it out."

• But if your contract is through 2013, you’d have one year left, and (coach) Romeo Crennel will have two years left because he’s through 2014; what kind of confidence can fans or free agents have that there will be a lame-duck situation here next year?

“There are no ducks on the Arrowhead pond. First rule of Chiefs Contract Club....”

• What’s your feeling on the job Romeo Crennel has done? Should he hand over the defensive coordinator job to someone else and just concentrate on being the head coach?

“I don’t believe his plate is too full. Romeo can eat like a mofo. I’ve watched, whether perception or reality, every head coach can only stuff so much into his gaping yaw. Romeo has a greater input into one side of his mouth than the other, or even some times he jams food in both sides of his mouth at the same time. It's amazing, really. Romeo has a couple of experienced coaches on the defensive staff that have a lot to do with game-planning, with figuring things out, and (linebackers coach) Gary Gibbs and (secondary coach) Emmitt Thomas along with some other coaches … this is an experienced staff on defense. Any of them could coach this mess, seriously. Romeo is the lead dog, the big cheese, the kahuna, the BMOC, but I’ve seen this before, and it will not end well, I assure you.

• What kind of grade would you give Romeo at this point?

“I think he’s doing a good job of handling this football team in a remedial, riding-the-short-bus kinda way right now.”

• During training camp, you were confident quarterback Matt Cassel could lead this team to a championship. What’s happened to him?

“Toxic shock syndrome, I'm sure of it.”

• Don’t you need an elite quarterback to win in this league?

“Like John Madden always says :You need a good football team to win in this league. You need a good football team that is going to do all the things the right way. Heck yes, you need a quarterback to play for the good football team and well, if your quarterback plays well, then the football team will be good and you'll win. If not, you won't.”

• So what is the hope for this team?

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things, like our belt buckles. We're literally dropping trou out there, and it's not pretty. Not pretty at all. And we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making critical mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having critical penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially more critical. Did I say "Critical" enough to describe how critical this all is?”

• Is that coaching?

“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me. Hit me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. HIT ME……HIT ME MOTHERF•CKER!!!”

• So do you not have the “Right 53” you’re always talking about?

“You’re always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. I’m always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. Have you got a calculator and a slide rule handy?”

• You’ve had four years of drafts? Shouldn’t there be some impact players?

“I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. (Starts laughing uncontrollably, takes several minutes to regain his composure….) I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact. Both of them made major impacts on their ACL's, that's for sure. Right now, there’s clearly not enough players making an impact. You can’t be 1-5 and say players are making an impact. When we won in 2010, a number of those drafted players were making an impact. I want to see more of my players get impacted, and with the right diet, a believe we can do that. Now pick up that candy wrapper, I have to get back to monitoring all incoming phone calls and emails.”
Posts: 26,543
scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.scott free is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #45
SNR SNR is online now
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4576140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher View Post
i'll take a lot of heat for this but IMO Scott drafted the wrong safety.
Earl Thomas is an impact player.
If you weren't saying this in 2010 with a detailed explanation of why Earl Thomas is better than Eric Berry, then shut the **** up. Nobody cares.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 54,245
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.