Home Mail Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Big Chief Dave's Place > Washington DC & Vatican City

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 05:10 PM  
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74226
What part of ObamaCare makes health care cheaper?

Ok here is what I understand to be the bullet points...

1. People can't have their insuance benefits capped
2. Pre-exisiting conditions have to be accepted
3. A person's out of pocket expenses are capped
4. Taxes on medical devices goes up
5. Taxes on brand name prescription drugs goes up
6. Insurance companies are now mandated to spend $X's on care and care only


So what in the above is incorrect or left out and how does it make health care cheaper?
Posts: 84,143
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Guru Guru is offline
Welp... Yeah.... Ugh...
 
Guru's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Middle of the USA
Casino cash: $35326
VARSITY
None of that makes it cheaper. Because it won't be cheaper. It will at least double what you are paying now.
Posts: 58,557
Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.Guru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
None of that makes it cheaper. Because it won't be cheaper. It will at least double what you are paying now.
I fear this will be in Poly-Sci text books a few decades from now discussing how good intentions aren't always good enough.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Cruz supporters will have no trouble supporting the GOP nominee.
Posts: 84,143
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
FD FD is offline
Veteran
 
FD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $12913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
None of that makes it cheaper. Because it won't be cheaper. It will at least double what you are paying now.
Did prices double in Massachusetts?
__________________
Homer: [looking at watch] Two hours? Why'd they build this ghost town so far away?
Lisa: Because they discovered gold over there!
Homer: It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything.
Posts: 3,776
FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Lex Luthor Lex Luthor is online now
MVP
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Casino cash: $22875
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post
Did prices double in Massachusetts?
Your question is based on the demonstrably incorrect assumption that Obamacare and Romneycare are the same thing. I know a lot of people on this site love to make that claim over and over, but repeating it over and over doesn't make it true.
Posts: 7,647
Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Lex Luthor has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
FD FD is offline
Veteran
 
FD's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Casino cash: $12913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Your question is based on the demonstrably incorrect assumption that Obamacare and Romneycare are the same thing. I know a lot of people on this site love to make that claim over and over, but repeating it over and over doesn't make it true.
I'm sorry, but essentially nobody who studies health policy will dispute that Obamacare is based on Romneycare and works in an almost identical fashion. Thats just a fact. Your argument that they are different is based on how they are funded, and while its also the case that they are funded in almost the same way (taxes and Medicaid/Medicare), thats not even relevant for the question I was asking.

If you think the observable changes in health insurance premiums in Massachusetts after a nearly identical health insurance reform do not help us predict those same changes nationally, then you need to explain why they will be different, citing specific provisions of each law. Otherwise, its safe to assume that one will be a good predictor of the other.
__________________
Homer: [looking at watch] Two hours? Why'd they build this ghost town so far away?
Lisa: Because they discovered gold over there!
Homer: It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything.
Posts: 3,776
FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Iz Zat Chew Iz Zat Chew is offline
Guess I'm not who I think I am
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Ok here is what I understand to be the bullet points...

1. People can't have their insuance benefits capped
2. Pre-exisiting conditions have to be accepted
3. A person's out of pocket expenses are capped
4. Taxes on medical devices goes up
5. Taxes on brand name prescription drugs goes up
6. Insurance companies are now mandated to spend $X's on care and care only


So what in the above is incorrect or left out and how does it make health care cheaper?
It doesn't and those that already have health care will end up paying more than they do presently.
__________________
What else needs to be said?
Posts: 1,164
Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Iz Zat Chew must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
petegz28 petegz28 is offline
Supporter
 
petegz28's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Olathe, Ks
Casino cash: $74226
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post
I'm sorry, but essentially nobody who studies health policy will dispute that Obamacare is based on Romneycare and works in an almost identical fashion. Thats just a fact. Your argument that they are different is based on how they are funded, and while its also the case that they are funded in almost the same way (taxes and Medicaid/Medicare), thats not even relevant for the question I was asking.

If you think the observable changes in health insurance premiums in Massachusetts after a nearly identical health insurance reform do not help us predict those same changes nationally, then you need to explain why they will be different, citing specific provisions of each law. Otherwise, its safe to assume that one will be a good predictor of the other.
K, let me ask you this. Did Mass raise taxes on device and drug makers?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Cruz supporters will have no trouble supporting the GOP nominee.
Posts: 84,143
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
One of the most important problems (I feel it is the single most important) with health care is the almost complete lack of transparency when it comes to pricing. What SPECIFICALLY does Obamacare do to address this issue? I can't imagine it isn't addressed at all, but I'm not finding any specifics.
Posts: 18,071
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Hey PizzaDoughz...
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Your question is based on the demonstrably incorrect assumption that Obamacare and Romneycare are the same thing. I know a lot of people on this site love to make that claim over and over, but repeating it over and over doesn't make it true.
Yet, Massachusetts is one of the state where lots of people have been leaving. My family, who are no where near like me politically all HATE it.
I heard Deval Patrick has gutted the market-orientated aspects of Romneycare anyway. This is the danger with govt in charge. Never who will get elected next.
__________________
Posts: 75,590
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
mlyonsd mlyonsd is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Spink, SD
Casino cash: $23862
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
One of the most important problems (I feel it is the single most important) with health care is the almost complete lack of transparency when it comes to pricing. What SPECIFICALLY does Obamacare do to address this issue? I can't imagine it isn't addressed at all, but I'm not finding any specifics.
There isn't any. But believe you me, it will be cheaper.
Posts: 27,561
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Hey PizzaDoughz...
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
One of the most important problems (I feel it is the single most important) with health care is the almost complete lack of transparency when it comes to pricing. What SPECIFICALLY does Obamacare do to address this issue? I can't imagine it isn't addressed at all, but I'm not finding any specifics.
That's true with medical code billing too. Try to find out what something may cost before hand is often like pulling teeth. You have to have a code to get the info.
__________________
Posts: 75,590
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
AustinChief AustinChief is offline
Administrator
 
AustinChief's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Austin
Casino cash: $29212
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
There isn't any. But believe you me, it will be cheaper.
So, are you saying I should just accept all procedures before I can read the cost of them? Where I have heard something like that before....
Posts: 18,071
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #14
BucEyedPea BucEyedPea is offline
Hey PizzaDoughz...
 
BucEyedPea's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: None of your business
Casino cash: $70063
Here's a Forbes article on what Deval Patrick has done to Romney-care. I recommend all of you on the right or who lean right read this article. It's really the Democrat's altered version of Romney care. Mitt actually vetoed parts of the law which they overrode later—the market orientated parts. Yet, the Democrats today continue to claim it's his plan. They are LIARS! Also costs of emergency room visits actually went up. Doctors saw fewer patients while people had to wait. Romney has yet to directly criticize his successor with such changes in his plan. But Mass has had some of the highest healthcare costs in the nation due primarily to things Dukakis did which were eventually repealed. I remember when I was still there even in the 90's OBs were leaving the state.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...ented-reforms/
__________________

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 07-01-2012 at 07:42 AM..
Posts: 75,590
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
mlyonsd mlyonsd is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Spink, SD
Casino cash: $23862
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
So, are you saying I should just accept all procedures before I can read the cost of them? Where I have heard something like that before....
Reading them and accepting them will eventually be a wasted effort. Take a number.
Posts: 27,561
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
A new website that shows member-created construction site listings that need fill or have excess fill. Dirt Monkey @ https://DirtMonkey.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.