Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 PM  
Al Bundy Al Bundy is online now
Damnit Peg
 
Al Bundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Overland Park
Casino cash: $7889
Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread

Looks like James Harden has been To the Rockets for Jeremey Lamb, Kevin Martin and future picks. Plus... this is a general NBA thread.
Posts: 13,745
Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.Al Bundy is too fat/Omaha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #2851
Fruit Ninja Fruit Ninja is offline
KCXIV
 
Fruit Ninja's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central Valley, Cali
Casino cash: $7641
Well the kobeless lakers need to do what sometimes an old great boxers Do, Give it one more great run.


Gasol needs to be black swan for many games in a row.
Posts: 23,502
Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Fruit Ninja Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #2852
MeatRock MeatRock is offline
Seasons in the Abyss
 
MeatRock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Casino cash: $5422
Yea, the Hootie level of retard is unimaginable. Lebron James can rape the NBA by himself on any team. The Lakers are a better team without Kobe Bryant. JFC i mean WTF.

I don't dislike Hootie, it's just some of the things he says make no ****ing sense.
Posts: 2,708
MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #2853
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRock View Post
Yea, the Hootie level of retard is unimaginable. Lebron James can rape the NBA by himself on any team. The Lakers are a better team without Kobe Bryant. JFC i mean WTF.

I don't dislike Hootie, it's just some of the things he says make no ****ing sense.
Yeah because I'm usually wrong.

I got these same facepalms years ago when I told everyone Carson Palmer was ridiculously overrated and everyone thought he was so AMAZING.

Just like when I said the Lakers wouldn't challenge for a title this year.

A TEAM WITH KOBE BRYANT AND STEVE NASH ON IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

what happened to the Celtics when Rondo went down? They got better.

Sometimes a star player isn't the key to a team winning...since Mike D'Antoni doesn't know how to coach a team with a Kobe Bryant.

I could be wrong about the Lakers...but I thought all along they'd be a better team with either no Nash or no Kobe. They play better when Nash isn't in the lineup, and I suspect they'll play better with a healthy Nash and no Kobe...

since, you know, they aren't trying to play two conflicting styles of basketball with one basketball.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #2854
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
the problem with the Lakers is...

the way they are set up...it isn't a team that needs a Kobe Bryant. Kobe needs to be THE guy and how does that work when you have Gasol, Howard and Steve Nash.

It doesn't. And it didn't.

The Lakers will be better pick and rolling and playing team basketball...not playing everyone stand around and see what Kobe is going to do.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #2855
jd1020 jd1020 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Casino cash: $8481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
the problem with the Lakers is...

the way they are set up...it isn't a team that needs a Kobe Bryant. Kobe needs to be THE guy and how does that work when you have Gasol, Howard and Steve Nash.

It doesn't. And it didn't.

The Lakers will be better pick and rolling and playing team basketball...not playing everyone stand around and see what Kobe is going to do.
Keep on acting like they didn't work together.

They are like 3rd in scoring. Their problem has been 0 defense and they have Howard and Metta...
Posts: 14,262
jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #2856
MeatRock MeatRock is offline
Seasons in the Abyss
 
MeatRock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Casino cash: $5422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
Yeah because I'm usually wrong.

I got these same facepalms years ago when I told everyone Carson Palmer was ridiculously overrated and everyone thought he was so AMAZING.

Just like when I said the Lakers wouldn't challenge for a title this year.

A TEAM WITH KOBE BRYANT AND STEVE NASH ON IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

what happened to the Celtics when Rondo went down? They got better.

Sometimes a star player isn't the key to a team winning...since Mike D'Antoni doesn't know how to coach a team with a Kobe Bryant.

I could be wrong about the Lakers...but I thought all along they'd be a better team with either no Nash or no Kobe. They play better when Nash isn't in the lineup, and I suspect they'll play better with a healthy Nash and no Kobe...

since, you know, they aren't trying to play two conflicting styles of basketball with one basketball.
I agree they have been trying to play 2 conflicting styles of basketball because of D'Antoni. What i don't agree with is that they will be better without their best scorer. Who is going to make up for Kobe's 30-40 points?

Are they suddenly going to play better defense without Kobe?
Posts: 2,708
MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #2857
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
that kind of makes sense, don't you think?

teams that give up a lot of points tend to score a lot of points, too
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #2858
MeatRock MeatRock is offline
Seasons in the Abyss
 
MeatRock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Casino cash: $5422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
that kind of makes sense, don't you think?

teams that give up a lot of points tend to score a lot of points, too
So they are suddenly going to score a lot more points without Kobe and give up a lot of points like they always have?
Posts: 2,708
MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #2859
jd1020 jd1020 is offline
MVP
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Casino cash: $8481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
that kind of makes sense, don't you think?

teams that give up a lot of points tend to score a lot of points, too
I dont see the connection at all. The other LA team is right behind the Lakers in points scored and 4th in points against, while the Lakers are T-24th in points against.
Posts: 14,262
jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.jd1020 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #2860
MeatRock MeatRock is offline
Seasons in the Abyss
 
MeatRock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Casino cash: $5422
Without Kobe, the Lakers are done this year.
Posts: 2,708
MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #2861
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRock View Post
I agree they have been trying to play 2 conflicting styles of basketball because of D'Antoni. What i don't agree with is that they will be better without their best scorer. Who is going to make up for Kobe's 30-40 points?

Are they suddenly going to play better defense without Kobe?
who is going to make up those points?

That's pretty simple. If Nash is healthy, he can distribute the ball to Howard and Gasol using the pick and roll like D'Antoni has always done in the first place.

The biggest issue with the Lakers playing D'Antoni ball is they don't have any shooters other than Nash.

That's the real tragedy with this team. It was designed horrendously. I knew as soon as they signed Nash they were ****ed because KOBE BRYANTS don't operate with true point guards...neither do MICHAEL JORDANS OR CARMELO ANTHONYS.

It just doesn't make sense.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #2862
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRock View Post
Without Kobe, the Lakers are done this year.


WITH KOBE, the Lakers were done this year.
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #2863
MeatRock MeatRock is offline
Seasons in the Abyss
 
MeatRock's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Casino cash: $5422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess View Post
who is going to make up those points?

That's pretty simple. If Nash is healthy, he can distribute the ball to Howard and Gasol using the pick and roll like D'Antoni has always done in the first place.

The biggest issue with the Lakers playing D'Antoni ball is they don't have any shooters other than Nash.

That's the real tragedy with this team. It was designed horrendously. I knew as soon as they signed Nash they were ****ed because KOBE BRYANTS don't operate with true point guards...neither do MICHAEL JORDANS OR CARMELO ANTHONYS.

It just doesn't make sense.
Howard and Gasol are not going to make up those points dude. They just aren't. Without Kobe, the lakers have no shooters. Nash is not what he used to be
Posts: 2,708
MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.MeatRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #2864
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
so I don't want to hear any "I told you so's" when the 8th seeded Lakers lose in the playoffs...

BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING TO LOSE ANYWAYS...AND PROBABLY GET SWEPT EITHER WAY.

They aren't a good basketball TEAM. They are a team with a lot of good players where the two guys who handle the ball play 100% CONFLICTING STYLES

it was a horrible idea, and at least I was smart enough to call it from the get go

NOW AT LEAST THEY WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY ONE STYLE OF BASKETBALL
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #2865
unnecessary drama unnecessary drama is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Casino cash: $5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRock View Post
Howard and Gasol are not going to make up those points dude. They just aren't. Without Kobe, the lakers have no shooters. Nash is not what he used to be
well to be honest

if Kobe had to get injured I wish it had happened around the all-star break so I could either be right or wrong

because I'd be willing to bet there W/L would have been better one of two ways:

No Nash

or

No Kobe.

(for extended periods of time where they had to sell out to one style as opposed to Nash being in and out of the lineup)
Posts: 7,860
unnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Casselunnecessary drama < Cassel
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.