Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Ed & Dave Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 08:15 AM  
redgoldexpress redgoldexpress is offline
Starter
 
redgoldexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 3 minutes from home
Casino cash: $8651
Colts show unity Coach Pagano

http://www.jacksonsun.com/usatoday/a...t%7CSports%7Cp


Bald is in with the Indianapolis Colts.

More than two dozen players, along with several support-staff personnel, decided to shave their heads in support of coach Chuck Pagano, who has started a second round of chemotherapy in his battle with leukemia.

"It's all for Chuck,'' punter Pat McAfee said Tuesday evening. "We all don't look good. I'm not built to have a bald head. I've got a huge sniffer.

"But we all love our coach so much that we want to show unity and let people know we're all in this together. It's a really cool thing.''

David Thornton, the director of player engagement, got things rolling after Tuesday's practice. He had a barber waiting in a hallway as players walked off the practice field.

McAfee and defensive end Cory Redding were among the first to lose their hair.

"Then it kind of caught on like wildfire,'' McAfee said.

The list of players includes McAfee, Redding, placekicker Adam Vinatieri, safety Antoine Bethea, running back Donald Brown, wide receiver Nathan Palmer, corneback Darius Butler, linebacker Kavell Conner, offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo, guard Joe Reitz and long-snapper Matt Overton.

Pagano has been on indefinite leave since being diagnosed with leukemia and hospitalized Sept. 26. He was released from IU Health Simon Cancer Center Oct. 21 and attended the Colts' 23-20 win over Miami last Sunday. Pagano addressed the team before and after the game.

Monday, it was announced he was in remission but still scheduled for two more rounds of chemotherapy.

The Colts travel to Jacksonville Thursday night. Many players will be sans hair.

"By the time Thursday comes around I think you're going to see a very large number of bald-headed people playing for the Indianapolis Colts, all in support of our coach,'' McAfee said.

"We haven't been around each other very long. Our team was forced after all the changes to really build camaraderie and Chuck was that steadying piece. He motivated everybody. He was the guy that was pushing everything. We have grown to have a very close relationship with him in a short period of time.

"We're a family and the coach is almost like a father figure. When something happens, you want to rally behind him.
Posts: 109
redgoldexpress is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.redgoldexpress is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
SNR SNR is offline
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4581582
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,115
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
theelusiveeightrop theelusiveeightrop is online now
Spiraling down the Drain
 
theelusiveeightrop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dante's Ninth Circle
Casino cash: $108791
Pioli set this trend long ago.
__________________
"We're both part of the same hypocrisy, Senator, but never think it applies to my family."

2014 Adopt a Chief - Travis Kelce #87
Posts: 19,459
theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.theelusiveeightrop is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Crush Crush is offline
Our Moses
 
Crush's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Casino cash: $1031122
I would never wish cancer on anyone, but Pioli is making it awfully difficult to do so.
Posts: 14,842
Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.Crush threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
DMAC DMAC is offline
Sloppy with your drink?
 
DMAC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Springfield, MO
Casino cash: $4555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
I would never wish cancer on anyone, but Pioli is making it awfully difficult to do so.
Yep. We have become Philly.
Posts: 10,995
DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DMAC 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
SNR SNR is offline
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4581582
Mike Mayock on Chuck Pagano during the Chiefs/Chargers game:

"Chuck Pagano now here's a guy with leukemia cancer"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,115
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $180618
Colts = Smartest organization in football.

To basically roll from P Manning into Luck with only one truly awful season in between was a stroke of genius. They will win the SB again with Luck before the Chiefs win again.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,379
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
SNR SNR is offline
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4581582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Colts = Slimiest organization in football.

To basically roll from P Manning into Luck with only one truly awful season in between was a stroke of genius. They will win the SB again with Luck before the Chiefs win again.
FYP.

It's lucky is what it is. One single injury. Peyton Manning plays even 4 games last year, that team has no QB, and they're a defunct organization for a long time. The way shit should be.

At least the Packers went out and PAID for their next QB after Favre. The Colts fell ass over tea kettle into theirs.

Nothing smart about that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,115
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
Deberg_1990 Deberg_1990 is offline
MVP
 
Deberg_1990's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio Tx.
Casino cash: $180618
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
At least the Packers went out and PAID for their next QB after Favre.
What do you mean by this? Plenty of teams passed on Rodgers, including the Chiefs.
__________________
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:

Matt once made a very nice play in Seattle where he spun away from a pass rusher and hit Bowe off his back foot for a first down.

One of the best plays Matt has ever made.
Posts: 49,379
Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Deberg_1990 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
SNR SNR is offline
Simply Red's backup vocalist
 
SNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $4581582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
What do you mean by this? Plenty of teams passed on Rodgers, including the Chiefs.
They didn't just say, "WHOOOOOOPS! OUR FRANCHISE QB IS INJURED? BOY WE SURE DO SUCK, HUH? I WISH THE NFL WOULD BAIL US OUT WITH THE #1 OVERALL PICK SO WE COULD NOT SUCK SO MUCH!"

The Colts never legitimately sucked. They just built their team precariously around one of the best QBs in the game, and when that lynchpin was removed they fell apart. It's total ****ing bullshit to just one day find your franchise QB injured with the next big thing one of the best QB prospects the draft has seen in a long time.

The Packers were picking in the back of the first round. They planned the transition from Favre to the next guy. They said, "Rodgers will be the next starter." They traded up to go get him. They did their homework, worked him through on the bench, and invested a LOT to go get him.

What did the Colts invest to get Andrew Luck? ****ing nothing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
I would read an entire blog of SNR breaking down athletes' musical capabilities like draft scouting reports.
Posts: 55,115
SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.SNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
brorth brorth is online now
Starter
 
brorth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: lobation
Casino cash: $62710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Colts = Smartest organization in football.

To basically roll from P Manning into Luck with only one truly awful season in between was a stroke of genius. They will win the SB again with Luck before the Chiefs win again.
Just to be clear:

Are you saying they will win the SB before the Chiefs win a game?

I just might believe you at this point.
Posts: 903
brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.brorth must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.