Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 04:15 PM  
Stewie Stewie is offline
Supporter
 
Stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West of the Equator
Casino cash: $1501
The SEC... REALLY?

This conference is head and shoulders above all others?
Posts: 10,742
Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.Stewie wants to die in a aids tree fire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #241
Bewbies Bewbies is offline
Where's the flag ref?
 
Bewbies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Casino cash: $71407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Again, what has Georgia done this season for you to think they will "curb stomp" the Irish? I understand that you hate Notre Dame, but I'm actually looking for someone to make a good argument justifying Georgia's ranking.

Notre Dame has the number one scoring defense in college football. They could very well lose to any of the SEC top teams, but they aren't getting "curb stomped" by anybody.
How's their offense? Think they'll move the ball against a defense as good as their own? Think those overrated SEC teams have seen a defense or 3 as good as the Irish?

ND is going to do what they always do when they make the BCS....I think your D is up to it, but your offense is nowhere near.

As for UGA they started the season in the top 10, only lost one game, and should they beat Bama they'd have 2 neutral site wins over current top 4 BCS teams. Pathetic I know. Maybe ranking them 18 or so would be about right...
Posts: 6,454
Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Bewbies is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #242
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $71586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I'm a Notre Dame alum. Am I butthurt by my team being ranked number one in the BCS? I was simply looking for an explanation for Georgia's ranking that makes sense. You obviously have nothing intelligent to say about the subject so just .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Again, what has Georgia done this season for you to think they will "curb stomp" the Irish? I understand that you hate Notre Dame, but I'm actually looking for someone to make a good argument justifying Georgia's ranking.

Notre Dame has the number one scoring defense in college football. They could very well lose to any of the SEC top teams, but they aren't getting "curb stomped" by anybody.
Why don't you first tell us who should be ranked #3?
__________________
Posts: 33,596
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #243
LoneWolf LoneWolf is offline
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $43072
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Why don't you first tell us who should be ranked #3?
In my mind it should still be Oregon. Oregon hasn't played the toughest schedule, but neither has Georgia and Oregon's only loss was a heartbreaker in overtime vs. a very good Stanford team.

If Florida State wins this weekend, I think they should get some consideration for #3.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
If we win 8 games I'll post a nude selfie.
Posts: 4,695
LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #244
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $71586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
In my mind it should still be Oregon. Oregon hasn't played the toughest schedule, but neither has Georgia and Oregon's only loss was a heartbreaker in overtime vs. a very good Stanford team.

If Florida State wins this weekend, I think they should get some consideration for #3.
So Florida State, who has played a weaker schedule than Georgia and lost to an unranked team, should get consideration for beating the same team that Georgia beat?

Also, you can look at Oregon's loss as better than Georgia's loss, but Georgia's win is much better than Oregon's best win which was over a then ranked #17 USC who now has 4 losses.
__________________
Posts: 33,596
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #245
LoneWolf LoneWolf is offline
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $43072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
How's their offense? Think they'll move the ball against a defense as good as their own? Think those overrated SEC teams have seen a defense or 3 as good as the Irish?

ND is going to do what they always do when they make the BCS....I think your D is up to it, but your offense is nowhere near.

As for UGA they started the season in the top 10, only lost one game, and should they beat Bama they'd have 2 neutral site wins over current top 4 BCS teams. Pathetic I know. Maybe ranking them 18 or so would be about right...
Your last paragraph assumes Georgia beats Alabama. If they do that, then they will have an argument. As their credentials stand now, they don't.

ND's offense has been improving lately and their redshirt Freshman QB has been playing well.

Alabama's defense is on the same level as the Irish's, but Georgia's is nowhere near that level. They have a great pass rusher, but they surrender a large amount of points too often to be considered elite. If they play ND, the Irish will score points. Maybe not enough to win, but it would be a close game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
If we win 8 games I'll post a nude selfie.
Posts: 4,695
LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #246
LoneWolf LoneWolf is offline
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $43072
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
So Florida State, who has played a weaker schedule than Georgia and lost to an unranked team, should get consideration for beating the same team that Georgia beat?

Also, you can look at Oregon's loss as better than Georgia's loss, but Georgia's win is much better than Oregon's best win which was over a then ranked #17 USC who now has 4 losses.
A 28 point loss is almost unheard of for an elite team. ND's schedule has been tougher than Georgia's and tell me where would they be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their record. And for arguments sake let's say that loss was against Stanford.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
If we win 8 games I'll post a nude selfie.
Posts: 4,695
LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #247
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $71586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
A 28 point loss is almost unheard of for an elite team. ND's schedule has been tougher than Georgia's and tell me where would they be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their record. And for arguments sake let's say that loss was against Stanford.
1. A 28pt loss to South Carolina (who has been top-15 all season and was #6 at the time) is not as bad as losing at home to a terrible NC State team.

2. Your arguing stupid things that don't matter. If Georgia loses to Alabama they're out. If Georgia beats Alabama then their resume is better than any other 1-loss team.
__________________
Posts: 33,596
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #248
LoneWolf LoneWolf is offline
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $43072
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
1. A 28pt loss to South Carolina (who has been top-15 all season and was #6 at the time) is not as bad as losing at home to a terrible NC State team.

False. When you lose by 28 points to any team it is hard to argue that you are an elite team.
2. Your arguing stupid things that don't matter. If Georgia loses to Alabama they're out. If Georgia beats Alabama then their resume is better than any other 1-loss team.
I already said their resume would be improved. I was asking about their current ranking.

Please answer my question about where you think Notre Dame would be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their resume.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
If we win 8 games I'll post a nude selfie.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 11-19-2012 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: In a hurry, sorry about the formatting.
Posts: 4,695
LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #249
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Ronin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $141784
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan View Post
How so? The Irish shall rape.
In what capacity? What do they have that's better than the top ranked SEC team? Besides their helmets. I'll wait.
__________________
RESOLVE
Posts: 10,295
Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #250
DaKCMan AP DaKCMan AP is offline
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity
 
DaKCMan AP's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Florida
Casino cash: $71586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I already said their resume would be improved. I was asking about their current ranking.

Please answer my question about where you think Notre Dame would be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their resume.
It depends upon where the loss occurred. If it was to an unranked team they'd be down Florida St & Clemson around #10. If it was to a top-10 opponent they'd probably be ahead of K-State at #6.
__________________
Posts: 33,596
DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.DaKCMan AP threw an interception on a screen pass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #251
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186307
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I already said their resume would be improved. I was asking about their current ranking.

Please answer my question about where you think Notre Dame would be ranked if they had a 28 point loss on their resume.
Are you really trying to pretend that Notre Dame doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings? No team is as consistently overrated as the Irish.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #252
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Ronin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $141784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
Are you really trying to pretend that Notre Dame doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings? No team is as consistently overrated as the Irish.
Wolf is now more of a homer than Pestilence. I can't believe after all these years of being humbled by terrible teams fielded by the Irish that now he's gone stupid. Act like you've been there. I know it's been a while but dang. Your defense is shit compared to a top ranked SEC defense. You almost let Pittsburgh beat you in your own house. They were up well into the 4th quarter after imposing their will on that stout ND defense. Negro please.
__________________
RESOLVE
Posts: 10,295
Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Setsuna is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #253
ArrowheadHawk ArrowheadHawk is offline
Bringing the Pain!
 
ArrowheadHawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Casino cash: $93554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Too View Post
Are you really trying to pretend that Notre Dame doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings? No team is as consistently overrated as the Irish.
Don't forget about:
__________________
Posts: 15,079
ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ArrowheadHawk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #254
vailpass vailpass is offline
Yah Mules!
 
vailpass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2001
Casino cash: $99234721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewbies View Post
How's their offense? Think they'll move the ball against a defense as good as their own? Think those overrated SEC teams have seen a defense or 3 as good as the Irish?

ND is going to do what they always do when they make the BCS....I think your D is up to it, but your offense is nowhere near.

As for UGA they started the season in the top 10, only lost one game, and should they beat Bama they'd have 2 neutral site wins over current top 4 BCS teams. Pathetic I know. Maybe ranking them 18 or so would be about right...
SEC plays the best defense in the country hands down.
__________________
It don't matter what line we hand you
When we come a crawlin' in.
We ain't wrong, we ain't sorry,
An' it's probably gonna happen again.

T. Byrd
Posts: 36,516
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #255
LoneWolf LoneWolf is offline
BAMF
 
LoneWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wichita
Casino cash: $43072
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
It depends upon where the loss occurred. If it was to an unranked team they'd be down Florida St & Clemson around #10. If it was to a top-10 opponent they'd probably be ahead of K-State at #6.
So Georgia has a loss to a top 10 opponent with a weaker schedule than the Irish and they get ranked 3rd. The Irish lose to a top 10 opponent with a stronger SOS than Georgia they would be 6th. Gotcha.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
If we win 8 games I'll post a nude selfie.
Posts: 4,695
LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LoneWolf has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.